• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Microwave Recipes: Dcb Cookbook Reviews & Tips

In summary, the speaker made the Jumbaliya Pasta and Creamy Lemon Pesto Chicken, and found that grilling the chicken before adding it to the dish made the meal more flavorful. The speaker also made some modifications to the Creamy Lemon Pesto Chicken recipe in order to enhance the lemon flavor. Finally, the speaker discussed their difficulty in using a microwave due to its small size and asked for advice.
I tried the citrus basil chicken and the pasta primavera. They were both great and quick, but the primavera was too liquidy for me to use it as a show recipe. I had hubby make the citrus basil chicken, and it was simple enough for him to do it! (That's not an insult, he's just new to cooking... but he's learning!)

wadesgirl said:
I vetoed the meatloaf since it's stuffed with bacon - too many calories for us!

I have the Family Burrito Bake all ready to go in the oven - cannot wait to try it!

Had the meatloaf last night - drop the calories using turkey bacon. Yummy, devoured by all including my picky eaters. Could see it for a show- awesome presentation when you slice it! I'd saute the mushrooms ahead and have the items prepared prior so you just combine and shape, stuff, top and bake. It does seem a bit on the fussy side - probably since my 6yo dd was 'helping'.

Dotty said:
I have to say the Strawberry Ice (or Strawberry Granita) didn't do anything for me.
However, I really liked the cinnamon crisps! I made them with the apple sprinkle and LOVED them. What a nice sweet treat that isn't completely made of sugar. I'm going to make a huge batch and bring them to my vendor show next friday. Any suggestions as to a dip for them? I'm thinking cream cheese something...

Apple berry salsa

If you have new MFP - use it, otherwise chopper:
1 apple
1-2 peeled kiwi
6 strawberries
1/2 c sugar OR 4 tablespoons apricot or apple or pineapple jam
1 tablespoon orange or lemon zest
2 tablespoons OJ or 2 teaspoons lemon juice

...so good! Do it at the booth for folk to watch!

scottcooks said:
Apple berry salsa

1 apple
1-2 peeled kiwi
6 strawberries

Love Apple Berry Salsa!

scottcooks said:
Had the meatloaf last night - drop the calories using turkey bacon. Yummy, devoured by all including my picky eaters. Could see it for a show- awesome presentation when you slice it! I'd saute the mushrooms ahead and have the items prepared prior so you just combine and shape, stuff, top and bake. It does seem a bit on the fussy side - probably since my 6yo dd was 'helping'.

Good thoughts Scott.

I have also decided to actually roll it and ditch the silly 'well' idea.

Becca_in_MD said:
OK, cuz I'm waiting ya know :)

Made the paella tonight w/o the kielbasa/polish sausage. Figured out the WW points after I made it and it's much lower w/o the sausage. I came up with 5 Pts Plus per serving.

DH has scarfed down both the Rosemary Chicken and the Paella. 8-year old not happy with either one. She picked at them a bit, ate a little then asked for something else. She now has a distrust of anything coming out of the DCB. Might have to bribe her with bacon.

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, as I haven't gotten my samples yet... no cookbook :(
I was wondering if you had thought about using turkey kielbasa/polish sausage? I always use the turkey kind now.

scottcooks said:
Apple berry salsa

1 apple
1-2 peeled kiwi
6 strawberries

Thanks! It sounds lovely and tasty!!! You are a complete lifesaver! I will use this at my booth and as my demonstration at the fair! I have the new MFP and wasn't too keen on doing the mango/jicama salsa but the apple berry sounds delish! Also, both the chips and dip are very weight watchers friendly!!

Last edited:
Dotty said:
Thanks! It sounds lovely and tasty!!! You are a complete lifesaver! I will use this at my booth and as my demonstration at the fair! I have the new MFP and wasn't too keen on doing the mango/jicama salsa but the apple berry sounds delish!

It's in the All The Best Cookbook also...

Did the Apple Berry Salsa at a show this weekend, demoing the MFP. It was wonderful! I got FIVE bookings, because everyone wants one! Woot!

mountainmama74 said:
Did the Apple Berry Salsa at a show this weekend, demoing the MFP. It was wonderful! I got FIVE bookings, because everyone wants one! Woot!

Great to know this...and baking the chips on the new cookie sheet will show that off as well! I have not used the MFP yet and can't wait to show it! The Apple Berry Salsa was one recipe I was thinking about trying in it. Also the Mango Salsa Sundaes!

I have tried the Sweet & Sour Shrimp from the DCB cookbook only I took boneless, skinless chicken, cubed it, added the Asian spice, tossed it and cooked it in the microwave with the Classic Batter Bowl. I also added more Sweet and Sour sauce (which I love the new sauce). I too did not use the basil. We LOVED it!!!!

I also showed the mango wedger at work today and sold at least one!

Have the Beef Straganoff waiting on the table! Just cooking the noodles. Not sure about the sherry - I can smell it just by stirring it up. May skip it next time. I normally cook simple meats (chicken, hamburger, etc) so this was a first for me.

Can anyone post the Family Burrito Bake recipe, I havent got my book yet and I want to make this for dinner tonight.
thanks!

Last edited:
yankfan24 said:
Made this last night for my family. It's a KEEPER!! Everyone liked it which is hard for me with a couple of picky eaters. I did leave the refried beans off 1/4 so my son would eat it. We decided that it could use a bit more SW seasoning and maybe some jalapeno slices. Next time we are going to make our OWN SALSA with the MFP. This would be a great show recipe and great for interactive shows.

I would definitely make it with homemade salsa rather than the jarred salsa. But then I am picky about that stuff, being from Texas! But I did make it and it was pretty good. I feel like there is something missing though. I might try it again and add some chopped green chilies and maybe back off on the amount of corn.

It actually resembles a recipe that I got from my Mother in Law when I married my late husband. I might see about taking her recipe and doing it for the DCB. If it's good, I will share!!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's in the All The Best Cookbook also...

Thanks Becky! I don't own that one but my MIL does.

Dotty said:
Thanks Becky! I don't own that one but my MIL does.

You're welcome! How did it work out doing it for your event?

The Apple Berry Salsa is such a tried and true favorite, but I've always thought it was a bit fussy and time consuming to make. It would be great if the MFP made it easier!

ChefBeckyD said:
You're welcome! How did it work out doing it for your event?

The Apple Berry Salsa is such a tried and true favorite, but I've always thought it was a bit fussy and time consuming to make. It would be great if the MFP made it easier!

The MFP worked great! In fact, we had a special Demonstration area at the event and both Tupperware and myself demonstrated our MFPs. People told me that the MFP is better than the Tupperware one.. theirs looked like so much work! I did my demo by giving out samples of the apple spice chips and explaining how easy they were to make (following the cinamon crisp recipe in the SB but using our Sweet Apple Sprinkle). I cored the apple with the apple corer, sliced it into quarters (could have used the apple slicer) and processed it. A 4 year old (daughter of another consultant) helped me with the MFP processing. I then sliced the ends off the kiwi with the forged cutlery, peeled it with the serrated peeler, hulled the strawberries and put those in the MFP with a tablespoon of pineapple jam. I gave a squeeze of lime and zested a quarter of an orange. The recipe definitely needs to be halved when you use the MFP!
I gave out samples again with the chips. People LOVED it!

It is really quick and easy with the MFP. You can simplify it and not use the zest or jam, but I think the squeeze of lemon or lime is necessary to add a little more juice to the dip.

chef.dione said:
Can anyone post the Family Burrito Bake recipe, I havent got my book yet and I want to make this for dinner tonight.
thanks!

Here you go.

Attachments

• Family Burrito Bake.pdf
    280.3 KB · Views: 517
I made the Three-Cheese Mac & Cheese tonight and was so disappointed! I'll admit, I forgot to buy chives and talked myself out of running to the store to get them, so MAYBE that would have helped give it some flavor... but for all of the prep time I put into this recipe, to have it be as "eh" as it was is a bummer. Plus, after buying the $11 worth of cheese needed to even make the recipe, I was hoping for something worth the price. :(

I made the paella tonight too. DH and I both loved it. It was quick and easy.

<h2>1. Can I make a full meal in the microwave using the DCB cookbook?</h2><p>Yes, the Delicious Microwave Recipes: DCB Cookbook offers a variety of recipes that can be made entirely in the microwave, from main dishes to sides and desserts.</p><h2>2. Are the recipes in the DCB cookbook healthy?</h2><p>The cookbook includes a mix of healthy and indulgent recipes, but each recipe includes nutrition information so you can make informed choices for your meals.</p><h2>3. Can I use any type of microwave for these recipes?</h2><p>Yes, the recipes in the DCB cookbook can be made in any type of microwave as long as it has the appropriate power level and cooking time is adjusted accordingly.</p><h2>4. Are the recipes in the DCB cookbook easy to follow?</h2><p>Yes, the recipes in the DCB cookbook are designed to be easy to follow, with clear instructions and minimal ingredients required.</p><h2>5. Can I substitute ingredients in the DCB cookbook recipes?</h2><p>Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences, but keep in mind that this may alter the final result.</p>

1. Can I make a full meal in the microwave using the DCB cookbook?

Yes, the Delicious Microwave Recipes: DCB Cookbook offers a variety of recipes that can be made entirely in the microwave, from main dishes to sides and desserts.

2. Are the recipes in the DCB cookbook healthy?

The cookbook includes a mix of healthy and indulgent recipes, but each recipe includes nutrition information so you can make informed choices for your meals.

3. Can I use any type of microwave for these recipes?

Yes, the recipes in the DCB cookbook can be made in any type of microwave as long as it has the appropriate power level and cooking time is adjusted accordingly.

4. Are the recipes in the DCB cookbook easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in the DCB cookbook are designed to be easy to follow, with clear instructions and minimal ingredients required.

5. Can I substitute ingredients in the DCB cookbook recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences, but keep in mind that this may alter the final result.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tina1977
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam