• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll-Ups

In summary, the person made 24 pieces of cali-club pizza with avocado sauce. The recipe says to cut each roll into 4 slices, so that would make 48 pieces. The nutritional information is based on 1/4 of a roll-up, which is 12 servings. The recipe says to cut each roll into 4 slices, so that would make 48 pieces.
chefann
Gold Member
from the S/S 09 SBRC

I didn't make them, but someone made them for my meeting last night. She brought the filling mixed, and then assembled and baked them there.

They were surprisingly hearty for an appetizer. Really tasty, too, although they would have been better with the avocado sauce that's on the same page of the SBRC. But the woman who made them is avocado-challenged and didn't get one that would mash at all (that's what she said - I find it a little hard to believe, too).

Because it's not corn season, she used frozen corn, thawed. And I don't think she used quite enough. But they were tasty. I think they'd make a good meal, paired with a veg and a little salad. And possibly made with shredded chicken instead of the beef.

I have the ingredients for these, glad to hear they are pretty good.

sounds yummy-

a little confused

It uses 6 tortillas, so that makes 6 rolls- THe recipe mentions to cut each roll into 4 slices

SO that would mean 24 pieces correct?

Now if you look at the serving size it says 12 but states " Nutrients per serv
(1/4 roll & 1 1/2 Tbs avacado dip)" 280 calories

If I ate a whole roll would I consume 1120 calories??:eek:

I think thats wrong- I can;t imagine it being that much. Is it that rich??

I noticed that, too - the number of servings as computed (1/4 roll-up) is different than the number that's printed (12).I think the nutritional info is probably based on 12 servings in the recipe, which would be 1/2 a roll-up.

I made these for my cluster meeting yesterday- I thoght the recipe said to cut them in half. I also made the Avocado sauce- I really think it added to it. I used canned corn and had plenty. Highly recommend this recipe- it would be good for dinner with a side salad or rice.

I'll second how yummy these are! Heather, you did a great job! Mmmmm, can't wait to make them!

And, on the avocado challenged, I can totally believe it! If you don't know how to pick one, you might think it's ok to get a rock-hard one. The person who made the Cali-Club Pizza (who is a great friend of mine, so, don't think I'm saying anything negative about her, except the obvious avocado challenge) used CRUNCHY avocados in the pizza. It was pretty strange!

I had never picked an avocado before, but figured it was better to go soft since I was mashing it!

Thanks, glad you liked them!! I am going to make them for dinner for my family, but double the meat mixture so it fills us up!

janezapchef said:
I'll second how yummy these are! Heather, you did a great job! Mmmmm, can't wait to make them!

And, on the avocado challenged, I can totally believe it! If you don't know how to pick one, you might think it's ok to get a rock-hard one. The person who made the Cali-Club Pizza (who is a great friend of mine, so, don't think I'm saying anything negative about her, except the obvious avocado challenge) used CRUNCHY avocados in the pizza. It was pretty strange!

That cracked me up!!! Maybe it's the stress I'm feeling right now, but your words really made me laugh. Thank you :)

I have used the Mix'n'Chop to mash a hard avocado... it still doesn't taste like much since it's being eaten before it's time, but it will definitely mash it up where no fork can compete.

peichef said:
That cracked me up!!! Maybe it's the stress I'm feeling right now, but your words really made me laugh. Thank you :)

Happy to provide some comic relief for you! :)

And, Joy, great to know on the hard avocado. Personally, I buy them hard when they are cheap and let them ripen. Once they are soft, I put them in the fridge until I need them. I eat alot of them, so, we always have ripe ones on hand.

1. Can I use a different type of cheese for these roll-ups?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of cheese for this recipe. Pepper jack or cheddar cheese would also work well.

2. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8 servings. Each serving is one roll-up.

3. Can I make these roll-ups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these roll-ups ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just make sure to cover them with plastic wrap to keep them fresh.

4. Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas?

Yes, you can use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas for a gluten-free option. Just make sure to warm them up in the microwave or on a pan before rolling them up.

5. Can I add other ingredients to these roll-ups?

Absolutely! These roll-ups are very versatile and you can add your favorite ingredients such as black beans, diced tomatoes, or avocado to make them even more delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bknowles67
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies