• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheesey Tex-Mex Rolls Ups Review

In summary, these are amazing!!! My whole family loved them. I used can corn bcause it is a little quicker but it was still amazing. Even the avacoado dipping sauce was great (next time I think I might use 2 avacados to 1/2 cup sour cream, but my family loves avacado) :love:Would you mind sharing the above mentioned recipes? We LOVE mexican food on this end.Would you mind sharing the above mentioned recipes? We LOVE mexican food on this end.
pamperedchef07
Gold Member
OMG these are amazing!!! My whole family loved them. I used can corn bcause it is a little quicker but it was still amazing. Even the avacoado dipping sauce was great (next time I think I might use 2 avacados to 1/2 cup sour cream, but my family loves avacado) :love:

Would you mind sharing the above mentioned recipes? We LOVE mexican food on this end.

pcjenr said:
Would you mind sharing the above mentioned recipes? We LOVE mexican food on this end.

The recipe is in the new Season's Best.

Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll-Ups
-----------------------

Ingredients:
2 ears corn, husks and silk removed

1 small red bell pepper (about 1/2 cup finely diced)

1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves (optional)

3/4 lb 90% lean ground beef

2 tbsp Chipotle Rub

1/4 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups grated Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend

6 (11-in.) flour tortillas

1 cup prepared guacamole or Avocado Dipping Sauce (see below)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove corn kernels from cobs using Kernel Cutter. Finely dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Chop cilantro using Food Chopper, if desired; set aside. Place ground beef, rub and salt in (10-in.) Sauté Pan. Cook over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix 'N Chop. Add corn and bell pepper; cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; drain, if necessary. Stir cheese and cilantro into meat mixture using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Transfer meat mixture to Classic Batter Bowl.

2. Spoon meat mixture down centers of tortillas, dividing evenly. Fold in ends of tortillas and roll up tightly. Place roll-ups on Medium Sheet Pan; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 10-12 minutes or until roll-ups are lightly browned and crisp.

3. Remove sheet pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cut each roll-up on a bias into four slices and serve with guacamole or Avocado Dipping Sauce.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1/4 roll-up and about 1 1/2 tbsp guacamole): Calories 280, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium 640 mg, Fiber 3

Cook's Tip: If desired, ground turkey can be substituted for the ground beef.

To make tortillas easier to work with, place them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 5-10 seconds or until they're slightly warm.

Any flavor of flour tortillas, such as sun-dried tomato, can be used in this recipe. For a fun presentation, use a variety of different flavors.

Avocado Dipping Sauce: Peel 1 ripe avocado using Avocado Peeler; place in Small Batter Bowl. Mash avocado using Mix 'N Masher. Add 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt and dash hot pepper sauce; mix well.

Ok, do you think you could use crispy corn in a can for this, and what about a sub for the avacado sauce?

We just used taco sauce for our's. I took frozen corn and thawed it in the microwave. I think any corn will work. These are great!

I have done this recipe at several shows and it is always a HIT! While the rollups are in the oven I make the avocado dipping sauce and they are both done at the same time!

1. Can you please explain what the Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll Ups are made of?

The Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll Ups are made with flour tortillas, cream cheese, shredded cheese, diced green chilies, and your choice of protein such as chicken or ground beef. They are then rolled up and baked in the oven until crispy and golden.

2. Are the Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll Ups easy to make?

Yes, they are very easy to make! The recipe only requires a few ingredients and the steps are simple to follow. They are a great option for a quick and delicious appetizer or snack.

3. Can I use a different type of tortilla for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of tortilla you prefer. Corn tortillas or whole wheat tortillas would also work well for this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as different types of tortillas may require different baking times.

4. Can I make these Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll Ups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these roll ups ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them. Just be sure to cover them tightly with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time if they are cold when you put them in the oven.

5. Can I freeze the Cheesy Tex-Mex Roll Ups?

Yes, you can freeze these roll ups before or after baking them. If you freeze them before baking, be sure to thaw them in the refrigerator before baking. If you freeze them after baking, let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. To reheat, simply pop them in the oven or microwave until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies