• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reminder: Be Careful What You Post

There are still a bunch of people on my ignore list because of nasty things they've posted here. Most of them have left and not come back, but a couple...continue to post nastiness.continue to post nastiness.
raebates
Staff member
Sometimes I forget how accessible this site is. Last night one of the guests told me she googled PC with my name. A whole bunch of my posts here came up. The first two were the threads wishing me happy birthday. Of course, she didn't spend a lot of time reading through posts, but it was a reminder that what you say here isn't private.

Very true! For new people, it's worth not disclosing your real name here for that very reason. :)

Eh, I don't worry about the whole using-my-real-name thing. First, I'm pretty careful about what I say everywhere. Second, I'm essentially the same here as everywhere else. Third, if someone wants to find me, it's not all that difficult.

Thanks for the tip, if we ever vent about a customer, they may find out what we say!

Never give out a name of a customer just in case!!!!!

And people we recruit may sign on here and read our posts. So professionalism is the way to go. :)

Very true Amanda. We need to be creative on our bragging and venting with names and locations if we list them.

I wished in a way it would be able to be private and no one could read everything we type if they don't have an account.

christinaspc said:
I wished in a way it would be able to be private and no one could read everything we type if they don't have an account.

It used to be that way that you could only see a snipet before I became a member and I think after we started to pay. I think shortly afterward it became a way to view but you can't post unless you pay if I have it right.

I totally agree with you that some subjects are for us to vent and get help and we don't need strangers that are not interested in becoming consultants.

I like to keep my typical post light.

http://images.lampsplus.com/images/95591.fpx?cell=330,330&qlt=75&cvt=jpeg

I agree that unless you pay you should not be allowed to view the threads, maybe the topic of the thread, but not the thread. Not the names of the people, not the pictures and all of that.

Good reminder Rae!!

And for something to laugh at...I just Googled my name and the first 3 pages are about a guy...LOL!! I am so NOT a guy!!

Can't Greg "fix" it so that it remains private?

I'm not sure if it's possible for Greg to make it completely private. Even if it were, I'm not sure that's the best option. We live in a world where so much of what we do is public. And, anything you do while online can take on a life of its own. Moms used to tell their kids to be careful what they did and said because they never knew who could be watching. That was never so true as it is today. Stand on a corner and pick you nose and it could be the next YouTube viral video.

I think I'm safe... I do genealogy and someone googles my name will get about 20,000 hits from the genealogy...

Oh be careful little mouth what you say...

Greg switches back and forth between whole posts being visible and just a couple of lines. Keeping the "couple of lines" switch on can mess up the Google indexers that log things so that searches are accurate. There is, however, a tracker that only lets non-members view so many posts before they have to sign up to read more.

I knew there were safeguards. I also know that some of the posts here have gotten a bit heated on certain topics. When the guest mentioned seeing my posts, I was secure in the knowledge that there isn't anything I've said here that I'd be embarrassed for a guest to see. I guess I just want to remind others to keep that in mind. Once it's part of the internet, it's forever.

raebates said:
I also know that some of the posts here have gotten a bit heated on certain topics. When the guest mentioned seeing my posts, I was secure in the knowledge that there isn't anything I've said here that I'd be embarrassed for a guest to see. I guess I just want to remind others to keep that in mind. Once it's part of the internet, it's forever.
Exactly. I feel the same way as you Rae (safe with my comments) but boy howdy, do I recall some that were....let's say, maybe not as sweet??

c00p said:
Exactly. I feel the same way as you Rae (safe with my comments) but boy howdy, do I recall some that were....let's say, maybe not as sweet??
There are still a bunch of people on my ignore list because of nasty things they've posted here. Most of them have left and not come back, but a couple still post occasionally. I figure that I don't need to know what they say about anything, since they have shown themselves to be unethical and self-centered.

I do wish the site were more private (or atleast back to where it used to be - that only a few lines could be read until becoming a paid member). There are so many things that we post that are business/policy related.

What about the times that a consultant isn't complaining - just asking for help with a difficult host. I bet we would not want that host to see the thread.

We come here to share - but also for help with business/host issues that aren't always pleasant - and that's why we need help.

Also, in the past we have had threads about new products and sample packages and pricing and someone reminded us about this site being public and we shouldn't be disclosing prices. I agree with that since the site can be viewed at times by non-members. But I also feel that we should be able to discuss those types of things freely on this forum.

I guess if I had a vote, I would really prefer this site to be more private - and only viewable to paid members.

Just my 2 cents!

All I can say Kathleen is "AMEN"!

Ummm...Rae...aren't you the one who had her picture in the paper with just a paper gown on?????:D;) Talk about exposing yourself:eek::D

Ouch...I could feel that kick you gave me in the pants:blushing:

And KG...did you say you hang out under the lamp post?!?!?:D

I just googled my name and pampered chef and 90% of the stuff had nothing to do with me :)

baychef said:
And KG...did you say you hang out under the lamp post?!?!?:D

I'm leaning on the lamp
You may think I look a tramp
Or maybe you think I'm 'round to steal a car
But no, I'm not a crook
And if you think that's what I look
I'll tell you why and what my motives are

I'm leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street
In case a certain little lady comes by
Oh me, oh my

Oh, she's wonderful, she's marvelous
She's fabulous, she's beautiful
And anyone can understand why

(Doo wacka doo wacka doo wacka doo
Wacka doo wacka doo wacka doo wacka doo!)

She doesn't always get away
She cannot always get away
But anyway I know that she'll try
Oh me, oh my
I hope that little lady comes by

She's not the kind of girl to be late for
But this one I'd break any date for
I won't have to ask what she's late for
She'd never leave me flat
She's not a girl like that

Wonderful, she's marvelous

Oh me, oh my

Oh, she's wonderful, she's marvelous

Is this the Lady and the Tramp?:D:D:D

My vote is to make it a private site. Not only do you have to pay, but be a consultant.

I googled myself, my classmates and facebook accounts come up for me, but nothing else does, atleast not for 10 pages. my name is a very popular male name in italy, so most sites come up in italian and i cant read them.

1. Why should I be careful about what I post online?

It's important to be cautious about what you post online because the internet is accessible to anyone, and once something is posted, it can be difficult to completely remove it. This means that what you say or share on the internet can potentially be seen by anyone, including future employers, friends, and family.

2. How can my posts on this site be found by others?

Like most websites, this site is indexed by search engines like Google. This means that when someone searches for your name, the posts you've made on this site may appear in the search results.

3. Can I control who sees my posts on this site?

Unfortunately, once you post something on the internet, it can be difficult to control who sees it. While you can adjust your privacy settings on certain websites, it's important to remember that anything you post online has the potential to be seen by anyone.

4. What information should I be cautious about posting on this site?

It's best to be cautious about posting any personal information, such as your full name, address, phone number, or any other identifying information. Also, be careful about sharing sensitive information or opinions that could potentially harm your reputation or relationships with others.

5. Can my posts on this site affect my future opportunities?

Yes, anything you post online can potentially affect your future opportunities. Employers and others may search for your name online and come across your posts, which could impact their perception of you. It's important to think before you post and consider how your words or actions could reflect on you in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TinaOuellette
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies