• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Dave Walker: A Tribute to a Quick-Witted PC Legend

tragedy. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.This is so sad. My heart goes out to his loved ones.Dave Walker was a friend of mine and I am really sorry to hear of his death. I lit a candle for him.My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones during this difficult time.This is so sad. My heart breaks for his family and friends.This is so sad. My heart goes out to his family and friends.This is really sad, my thoughts and prayers are with the family.I lit a candle for Dave Walker.My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.I lit a candle for Dave Walker.My heart goes out to Dave Walker's friends and family
scottcooks
Gold Member
Received the following email tonight:
"Yesterday Cindy Langford and I had a last minute conference call to inform you that on Friday, August 15th Dave Walker died. In the event you were not on the call I wanted to advise you of this. We know that many of you have known Dave throughout his PC career and have fond memories of his quick wit and humor. It is our understanding that the services are scheduled for 11am on Sat. Aug 23rd at Trinity Church in Tucson. Once I have an address for his Mom I will forward this to you if you would like to send a sympathy card to his mom. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends."Dave loved his mom and followed her Mary Kay vision by going into direct sales for himself, where he was a brief shining star with Pampered Chef. As a director he left PC early this year to pursue other things. He was looking forward to the adventures ahead. Please go to gratefulness.org and experience the virtual labyrinth - Dave was a searcher/seeker and it is a fitting way to remember him. If you like I opened up a Candles group and you can light a candle for him as well.No maudelin remarks. If you have a funny story to share, it'd be great!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Scott.

Geez Scott, I'm sorry. It's up to 5 candles now.

SO sorry to hear this... up to 7

So sorry about this news. That is sad. We had a suicide in our family almost 10 years ago and it is a tough one! I'll be praying for his family....his Mom especially. I can't imagine losing a child! :(

Up to 10 candles now......

Here is Dave if anyone is interested:http://www.vailbusinessprofessionals.org/_dwalker.htm

I did now know of him, but what a loss! My prayers will be with his family.

Wow, my prayers go out to his family.

My prayers are with him and his family and loved ones. It is truly a tragedy.

I believe he spoke at conf a few years ago. Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

My heart an prayers go out to his family ~

Dave spoke at conference onstage as a panelist and did Kitchen Show Live a couple times. My director forwarded this note:"Hi Everyone,

This is a very difficult email for me to send. I am devastated to share the news that Dave Walker passed away on Friday. He was a very special friend to me and a truly wonderful person. Many of you knew him through Pampered Chef or had at least heard about him. This really is a tragic loss.

There will be a memorial service for him on Saturday, 8/23/08, at 11:00 am at Unity of Tucson. The address is 3617 N. Camino Blanco, 85718. Everyone is welcome and it will be a celebration of his life. You should also be able to read about him in the paper on Friday.

Dave's mom is a friend of mine and she and Dave had an incredibly close bond. I can't imagine what she is going through at this time. If you would like to send her your condolences, her address is:

Charlotte Tuuri
9530 N. Crestone Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85742

If you know of people who knew Dave that you would like to tell, please feel free to pass along this message. I'm sure I have left people out.

Lauri"

What a tragedy. My heart aches for his mother. I did not know Dave, but from how you described him, Scott, and to see his website, he seems as if he was a good and fun person to be around. Prayers are with you all.

How awful!!! thank you for posting.

my thoughts are with the family... I lost a cousin to suicide just this past March... still working thru emotions. I lit a candle for him and his family.

Oh my goodness, that's tragic. My heart goes out to his family and everyone who knew him. I lit a candle. It's up to 17 candles.

that is so sad. I'll add his family and friends to my prayer list.

What a horrible loss...I pray that the Lord surrounds his mom, other family members, and friends with His comforting arms through this time.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family. So sad.

mine too... so sorry

Please keep candles lit for the next week - (see first post) - I invited his mom to view the candle site to see. (right now just 3 lone candles - c'mon back!!)

I just lit 5 candles, but they never showed....I must be doing something wrong.

I lit some more candles tonight

Up to 20 right now!

what a sad sad shame--Dave and I walked together as Directors--:(

Morfia, how cool that you walked when Dave did!

For anyone wanting/needing a spiritual lift in spite of this situation, consider seeing the movie http://www.thedashmovie.com/ from SimpleTruths.com

FYI SimpleTruths.com is an awesome inspiration site.

love the dash--so many cool ones there-

Thanks for sharing that link Scottt...short but powerful.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
I lit candle number 24.
This is so very sad. Such a young man.....

Down to 10 candles; lit #11. Please keep this going through Friday; thank you!

I remember one year we had to use the new products in a rhyme, and you got extra points for using the word "asparagus" - Dave came up with incredible puns on the Meat Lifters - as "FORKS" and any kind of lingo you could use the F word for, he substituted 'Forkin' and made us laugh and laugh.

He also found some white sheepskin coat with shades that made him look like Brad Pitt; I think he did that the next year.

i'm on my way to go lite some candles.. the family stays in my prayers as this kind of loss is always so painful and cloudy... I hope in time peace comes to all who knew Dave.

Related to Remembering Dave Walker: A Tribute to a Quick-Witted PC Legend

1. What was the cause of Dave Walker's death?

Dave Walker passed away on Friday, August 15th. The exact cause of his death is unknown.

2. When and where are the services for Dave Walker being held?

The services for Dave Walker will be held on Saturday, August 23rd at 11am at Trinity Church in Tucson.

3. Is there an address available to send sympathy cards to Dave's family?

Once an address is available for Dave's mom, it will be forwarded to those who would like to send a sympathy card.

4. What was Dave Walker's career in Pampered Chef like?

Dave was a director at Pampered Chef until he left earlier this year to pursue other things. He was known for his quick wit and humor.

5. Is there a way to honor Dave's memory online?

Yes, you can visit gratefulness.org and experience the virtual labyrinth in honor of Dave. There is also a Candles group where you can light a candle for him. Please feel free to share any funny stories you have about Dave as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy