• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Recruiting Opportunity: DS Company in Bankruptcy

In summary, when a direct sales company files for bankruptcy, it means that they are unable to pay their debts and are seeking protection from creditors. This does not necessarily mean the company will go out of business, but it does indicate financial struggles. The company will continue to operate and sell products during the bankruptcy process, but there may be changes in policies and procedures as they try to restructure their finances. Current consultants may experience changes in commission rates, product availability, and other business operations. It is important for them to stay informed and communicate with their upline for updates and support. Whether or not it is still a good opportunity to join the company as a consultant is a personal decision that should be based on research and assessment of the company's
DebPC
Staff member
Just got this email from a PC Consultant:

Just FYI, this is a DS company that has recently filed bankruptcy. They are not even able to pay their consultants their commissions. I was talking to a recruit lead that went with this company instead of PC.

Just in case you know anyone that is in this company…you might want to follow-up with them and recruit them!!!

That is a shame. I know the ladies that started that company. Their headquarters are just down the road from me.:(

I feel really bad for these consultants. Can't imagine them getting this news when they have their bills to pay and have already put the work in.

Their website is still up and running!

I have been digging around on the web and can't find any info regarding this....do you have a source we could look at?

I just talked to my At Home America lady about this. They got an e-mail on Jan. 4th telling them they the company would honor orders placed through Jan. 11 and then they would share the new plan with the reps. Also, they were asked to "trust them" that things would turn out okay. So, sounds like they may have plans that would make them solvent again. Just thought I woud let you know what I found out from a rep that has been with the company 7+ years.

Brenda Kempton

I still can't imagine getting an e-mail like this. For me personally, I don't think I could "just trust". Just wonder who is looking at the books that would let this go for so long?

1. What does it mean for a direct sales company to file for bankruptcy?

Filing for bankruptcy means that the company is unable to pay its debts and is seeking protection from its creditors. It does not necessarily mean that the company will go out of business, but it does signal financial struggles.

2. Will the company continue to operate during the bankruptcy process?

Yes, the company will continue to operate and sell products during the bankruptcy process. However, there may be changes in policies or procedures as the company works to restructure its finances.

3. How does this affect current consultants and their businesses?

Current consultants may experience changes in commission rates, product availability, and other business operations during the bankruptcy process. It is important to stay informed and communicate with your upline for updates and support.

4. Is it still a good opportunity to join the company as a consultant?

This is a personal decision and will depend on your own research and assessment of the company's situation. It is important to consider the potential risks and benefits before making a decision.

5. What are the long-term prospects for the company after filing for bankruptcy?

This is difficult to predict as it will depend on the success of the company's restructuring efforts and market conditions. However, many companies have been able to bounce back from bankruptcy and become successful again. It is important to stay informed and make decisions based on the current and future outlook of the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • dkitten13
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • jcsmilez