• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit Went Inactive B4 Qualifying

In summary, if she has gone inactive, she has to submit at least $200 in one month to become active again. If she is your 5th and you are counting on her to help you become a director, you might want to wait to accept directorship until you know she is stable or unless you have signed a couple more.
jwpamp
Arrrgghhhh! She had 3 shows in and I have tried and tried....she took a lot of my time and I would still like her to qualify to be my 5th recruit....does she have to do 4 MORE shows to qualify, or only 1?

If she has gone inactive, she has to submit at least $200 in one month to become active again. She will then be considered qualified. If she is your 5th and you are counting on her to help you become a director, you might want to wait to accept directorship until you know she is stable or unless you have signed a couple more. There is nothing more stressful than becoming a director and then struggling to meet the monthly requirements ($350 in personal sales, 5 active recruits, and $4000 in cluster sales) The personal sales aren't usually hard to do but keeping your 5 active and producing can be hard when they are just starting out.

You might also check in to her requesting a leave of absence or a personal sales waiver. She can request it to be retroactive. Read your RFS and see what would apply to her.

Don't forget, the 5 active recruits to keep directorship do NOT need to be personally recruited. To GET directorship, they do. Also, you have 6 months before you lose directorship after earning it. Keep recruiting!

Unfortunately if a recruit goes inactive before qualifying, you will not get the 2000 points in the incentive program. I don't know if that was something you were counting on.:(

Thats what I am going thru. My sales are fine myself, but I have 5 that have already qualified and one has already gone inactive. I had a feeling she would. I am going to try to get her to submit $200 this month and I hope she will due to the stoneware special. I do have two new recruits tho that should qualify in Sept and that will make me feel much better. I need to keep up the recruiting...having only 5 in my downline is just too stressful.

So... Let me get this straight... I had a recruit who went inactive BEFORE she qualified. All she has to do is submit $200 in orders? I thought she had to start over again.

Anne - I have one who signed up in Feb and never sold a thing. She was having family problems. I tried for several months to get her going and finally just gave up. Early August, I got an email from her apologizing that she was ready to get going. I called up HO and they said all she has to do is turn in $200 and then they will mail her the fall change-over kit. I was shocked, but that is what they said. They said she would be considered active even tho she never qualified with the 4 shows back in March.

She had an open house last weekend and will submit it in the next couple days as an August show, still has some orders coming in. After it is submitted - I told her to call HO just to clarify all that they said and to see if the fall kit is being shipped. I will keep you posted.

Cindycooks said:
They said she would be considered active even tho she never qualified with the 4 shows back in March.

She had an open house last weekend and will submit it in the next couple days as an August show, still has some orders coming in. After it is submitted - I told her to call HO just to clarify all that they said and to see if the fall kit is being shipped. I will keep you posted.

this is what happened with me. i didnt' qualify before going inactive. i believe the only "loss" (aside from me losing out on my SS bonuses) was that my recruiter didn't get the points or PC bucks or whatever it was for me qualifying. correct me if i'm wrong on that. but yes, if she went inactive, she just submits her $200 and will go active again. at least that's my experience. i've gone inactive 3 times in the past year (see, i told you i was having a rough time!)

AJPratt said:
So... Let me get this straight... I had a recruit who went inactive BEFORE she qualified. All she has to do is submit $200 in orders? I thought she had to start over again.

The only time you have to start all over again is if you are inactive for over a year. Then you have to purchase a new kit and sign a new agreement. So if you have a consultant that went inactive as of Sept 1st she can submit $200 on August 31, 2007 and re-activate.

Thanks to you all for clarifying. I do have 6 (5 are active now), and I wasn't counting on her to be one of my 5.

I am kind of bummed about the trip points, but her cousin was a $1200 show in March, so if she wants to quit, I am definately booking her cousin!

Hopefully she will qualify anyway...I would hate to lose her and be 1 recruit short of TPC!!

Bless and release, huh?

I will email my one recruit and tell her that she only has to add another $100 to be active. My director told me since she never qualified she has to start all over.

Is this policy in writing somewhere that I can show her? I want to boost her confidence!

Janice this happened to me me also. My first recruit went inactive after 3 shows, she only needed 1 more show. OH Well. She is still inactive after 4 months, and will not return any of my calls or E-mails. My other 2 recruits qualified this month, during SS months,a nd it was exciting to see my trip points go up like that.
I have decided that I will not promote to director until I have 7 strong recruits, all qualified and working out, becauce I do not want that stress either.

Since my recruiter promoted, she's been recruting like crazy! She's gotten a ton of HO leads. Last week she did 3 in 2 days!:eek: It worth it to promote just for the leads! LOL

If you go inactive, can you still order during your 40% off month and would that count towards your 200.00 to become active again?

Thanks,

Cheryl

You can only do kit enhancement if you're active, and it counts as a personal sale, so it wouldn't count towards the $200.

OK... So let me ask THIS question: My Director said that in order for me to promote to Director that this consultant would have to qulaify to count toward my five. Is that right?

You have to have 5 qualified, active recruits and turn in the Director agreement in order to get the call.

My 4th just qualified tonight and my 5th is the inactive one...I do have a new recruit who needs 3 more shows to go, and am signing another recruit this week.

I am still waiting....hmm....:rolleyes:

I have a hostess who shared her history which is full of heavy
losses of folks near and dear to her, in the last few years. She said that she had signed with PC early in 2005, but did not get in any of her shows before she took on the responsibility for being the Primary Care giver to a Hospice patient. Her plans to be a Consultant went on hold. Since the person died, she has been dealing with additional family responsibility. Now, she feels tempted to give it a try again.

Yes, she had used the products in the Starter Kit, in the meantime. Now, the question is whether she will be allowed to re-sign, and give it her best effort.
She lives 100 miles from me, so helping her get a new start will be mostly by phone. She does not want to re-sign with the Consultant she had the first time. Have any of you ever heard of someone doing this? Who at HO should I check with about this situation? My Director is in Texas, would she be the person for me to go through for an answer on this?

Bumping this thread up for yet another question:

Ok, I now have 6 recruits....5 are qualified, but one is on the verge of going inactive as of Oct 1st (there goes that call again! :( )

The 1 we talked about earlier that went inactive before qualifying is going to "try" to submit an order by the end of the month. That would be AWESOME! However, is she considered ACTIVE right away, or as of the NEXT month....

and is it $200 in GUEST or COMMISSIONABLE sales to submit every other month or reactivate?

I know I am living on the edge, but I so want the promo for the points (may make it to Atlantis) and the HO leads, and the Director product incentive, and the.....ok, you get the idea!

Thanks for helping me out, guys, you are oh so great!

Grandmarita said:
I have a hostess who shared her history which is full of heavy
losses of folks near and dear to her, in the last few years. She said that she had signed with PC early in 2005, but did not get in any of her shows before she took on the responsibility for being the Primary Care giver to a Hospice patient. Her plans to be a Consultant went on hold. Since the person died, she has been dealing with additional family responsibility. Now, she feels tempted to give it a try again.

Yes, she had used the products in the Starter Kit, in the meantime. Now, the question is whether she will be allowed to re-sign, and give it her best effort.
She lives 100 miles from me, so helping her get a new start will be mostly by phone. She does not want to re-sign with the Consultant she had the first time. Have any of you ever heard of someone doing this? Who at HO should I check with about this situation? My Director is in Texas, would she be the person for me to go through for an answer on this?
If someone is inactive for a full year she can resign with anyone she chooses. If they are unsure of the date CALL PC before submitting the agreement or she WILL be with her old recruiter (of if the recruiter has left the biz, the upline). I had a past consultant who wanted to sign with me and had to wait 3 months to do it (her upline was states away and did not communicate at all with her and she wanted local support - they never helped her get hopitality either - I offered her that but she chose to wait).

jwpamp said:

Ok, I now have 6 recruits....5 are qualified, but one is on the verge of going inactive as of Oct 1st (there goes that call again! :( )
If you have 5 active on September 30 they will give you the call and you can accept. But you will go into "relinquishment" on October 1. They give new consultants a long time (9 months) before they totally take directorship away as long as you keep your sales - read the director agreement for the details.
The 1 we talked about earlier that went inactive before qualifying is going to "try" to submit an order by the end of the month. That would be AWESOME! However, is she considered ACTIVE right away, or as of the NEXT month....
She is active the minute she submits $200 in sales.
and is it $200 in GUEST or COMMISSIONABLE sales to submit every other month or reactivate?
COMMISSIONABLE.

jwpamp said:

I know I am living on the edge, but I so want the promo for the points (may make it to Atlantis) and the HO leads, and the Director product incentive, and the.....ok, you get the idea!

Thanks for helping me out, guys, you are oh so great!
That was the SAME exact situation I was in when I promoted last year. I had TWO who were about to go inactive if they didnt' submit the $200. I had six recruits I believe (if I remember correctly) and two of my "older" recruits were at risk of going inactive. Luckily I talked to them about mid-month to see how things were going and see if they were going to submit shows. They both THOUGHT they would, but I truly didn't know up until the last day of the month. It was nerve-racking!! Not only was my promotion dependent on this, but so was earning level 2 of the trip! If they didn't submit the $200 (this is commissionable sales) on Nov. 30th, I wouldn't have promoted on Dec. 1st and therefore wouldn't have earned the trip because I needed the reduced points.

It was very stressful! BUT, it all worked out in the end and what I would suggest is keeping in frequent contact with that one consultant. I felt weird doing this, but it doesn't hurt to let them know what all is riding on her submitting those sales! Both my director and my SED suggested that I tell them how great it would be if they could submit those sales. I'm glad I did because one of them may not have really tried to submit the sales on that last day of the month and may have waited until the next day or two. GOOD LUCK!! Keep us posted!:)

Thanks so much for the quick responses, and Beth, you are AWESOME!!

If I take the call and go into RELINQUISHMENT, while in RELINQUISHMENT, will I still get the 3000 points for the promotion, the HO leads, and the 3% if I have over the $1250/$4000 in sales? Or do I have to have the 5 qualified, active, personal recruits to do that?

Also, will I lose my 1% override that I am getting NOW as a FD if I take the Directorship and am in RELINQUISHMENT?

Thanks again, am I a pain or what? :rolleyes:

WOW! Thanks guys for the encouragement. A recruit from spring (sounded super duper excited) only did two shows. Will check back with her if her life has setteled and is interested in returning. thanks for all your input. Desiring to get back on track and get promoted to director.

janice-

if you promote, you have 3 mo's as a buffer. if you submit 1250 in sales for 3 out of the 4 mo, you'll get the free product, you'll get home office leads/referrals. you will also get the 1% FD override. IF you have all the requirements (350 personal sales, 5 active, qual recruits and $4k cluster sales) you'll get the 3% override.

you'll also get your points too. if you can't make all the requirements in your first 3 mos, then use the time to boost your business. (that's what I'm doing!) the only thing I'm missing is the cluster sales of 4k. BUT, Oct will be my first mo after the buffer and I'll make that with no problem. I've recruited 3 more people too, to help the part timers out. and bumped up my show schedule to help cover things and meet more people!

I say go for it. As long as you are actively working the business you should be fine. but it's also a personal decision too.
Good luck!!!!

That was a great explanation, Ange, thanks! I have $7000 in personal sales this month, so that isn't a problem (my months are usually $3000 - $5000). I just hate to lose the FD override if I can't keep the 5 going for the Dir Override, but if it won't matter anyway, hey, I'm in!

My one who I thought was going to go inactive (she's my 5th) is turning in an order! So I don't have to worry right now after all!

Woo-Hoo!

jwpamp said:
My one who I thought was going to go inactive (she's my 5th) is turning in an order! So I don't have to worry right now after all!

Woo-Hoo!

Very exciting. That is great. It takes so little to make us happy some days huh?

What does it mean when a recruit goes inactive before qualifying?

When a recruit goes inactive before qualifying, it means that they have stopped actively working towards meeting the requirements to become a consultant.

What are the requirements for a recruit to become a consultant?

The requirements for a recruit to become a consultant include submitting a minimum of $1,250 in sales within their first 30 days, completing a new consultant training program, and signing a consultant agreement.

Can a recruit still qualify if they go inactive?

No, a recruit must be actively working towards meeting the requirements to become a consultant in order to qualify. If they go inactive before qualifying, they will not be able to become a consultant at that time.

What happens if a recruit goes inactive before qualifying?

If a recruit goes inactive before qualifying, they will not be able to become a consultant at that time. However, they can still continue to work towards meeting the requirements and qualify at a later date.

How can I prevent my recruits from going inactive before qualifying?

The best way to prevent your recruits from going inactive before qualifying is to provide them with support and guidance throughout their journey. Keep them motivated and help them set achievable goals to reach the requirements and become a successful consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • Kelly8