• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Stove Top and Microwave Recipes Can I Use for a Hot and Muggy Show?

In summary, the host for show #3 this weekend does not have AC and has requested that the oven not be used. The options for cooking are limited to stove top and microwave, with the addition of a borrowed DCB. The only other available tools are in the new consultant's kit. Suggestions for recipes include 30 Minute Chicken, Thai Peanut Sauce, pineapple upside-down cake, and Chicken Fajitas. Some alternatives that do not require specific tools are BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, salad with Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos or Cheeseburger salad, and Thai Chicken Stir-Fry Salad made in the DCB.
algdoughty
Hi All,
We are doing show #3 this weekend and it is supposed to be HOT and MUGGY. My host does not have AC and has requested that we do not use the oven for the demo. So, I am limited to the stove top and the microwave. The host does have a DCB and has let me borrow it for the week to try out any recipes in it that I might want to do with it. (Wicked excited about the DCB!!!) Other then the DCB, all we really have is the products in the new consultant’s kit. The show is at 3PM on Sunday, so it is kid of between meals. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have read that the 30 minute chicken is amazing, but that is not all that much to demo, so I would want to do something with it if we go that rout.

Also thinking maybe the pineapple upside-down cake?
Would love to do the Chicken Fajitas, but we don’t have a lot of the tools – also, the only pantry item I have is the Thai Peanut Sauce.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions ;-)
Ashley

Do the Fajitas anyway. Even if you don't have the Salad Chopper or the Mix 'N Chop, the amazing part is the chicken cooking in the microwave. You can always shred the chicken witha fork and talk about how the Salad Chopper makes it that much easier. You can use taco seasoning instead of the Chipotle Rub.

If you want to do salsa with them, dice tomatoes with your utility knife, chop onions, jalapenos, cilantro etc with your chopper.

I'm with NooraK. You can do the fajitas with tools in your kitchen with a little ingenuity. Do a cake too! :)

Noora is correct. If you are deadset against that, then go with the BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches and use store bought BBQ sauce. Course you can then mention how yummy you've heard our PC rubs are and how you can't wait to get your hands on them.

You can also do a salad. I like the one that has been posted that is the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos Made into a salad, or you could do Cheeseburger salad. It is quick and easy and pretty inexpensive. It sounds kind of strange, but is absolutely wonderful.

algdoughty said:
Hi All,
We are doing show #3 this weekend and it is supposed to be HOT and MUGGY. My host does not have AC and has requested that we do not use the oven for the demo. So, I am limited to the stove top and the microwave. The host does have a DCB and has let me borrow it for the week to try out any recipes in it that I might want to do with it. (Wicked excited about the DCB!!!) Other then the DCB, all we really have is the products in the new consultant’s kit. The show is at 3PM on Sunday, so it is kid of between meals. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have read that the 30 minute chicken is amazing, but that is not all that much to demo, so I would want to do something with it if we go that rout.

Also thinking maybe the pineapple upside-down cake?
Would love to do the Chicken Fajitas, but we don’t have a lot of the tools – also, the only pantry item I have is the Thai Peanut Sauce.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions ;-)
Ashley

Do the 30 Minute Chicken, and use it to make the Thai Chicken Salad (you wouldn't need to stir-fry it, because the chicken would be done in the Baker...) My friend Jill does this, and uses the Thai Peanut Sauce in it instead of the Dressing.

The Pampered Chef ®
Thai Chicken Stir-Fry Salad
Recipe

Dressing
1 1-inch piece peeled fresh gingerroot
3/4 cup creamy poppy seed salad dressing
2 garlic cloves, pressed

Salad
1 medium cucumber
1 small red bell pepper
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 package (12 ounces) broccoli slaw mix

Chicken Mixture
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
1/4 cup peanuts
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1. For dressing, finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine gingerroot, salad dressing and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until well blended and set aside.

2. For salad, score cucumber lengthwise using Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer™. Thinly slice cucumber and bell pepper; cut cucumber slices in half. Place spinach, slaw mix, cucumber and bell pepper into Simple Additions® Large Bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. For chicken mixture, snip basil using Kitchen Shears and chop peanuts with Food Chopper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Lightly spray Skillet with oil using Kitchen Spritzer; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until hot. Add chicken to Skillet in a single layer. Cook without stirring 2 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; remove Skillet from heat. Add basil, peanuts and 1/4 cup of the dressing to Skillet; toss to coat.

4. To serve, toss salad with remaining dressing; top with chicken mixture and serve immediately.

Thanks all - we made the chicken fajitas and lava cake tonight as a test run. they were AMAZING!!! Looking forward to the show!

BBQ chicken sandwiches are the easy too

1. What types of recipes do you recommend for beginners?

For beginners, we suggest trying out simple and easy recipes with few ingredients. Our "30-Minute Meals" cookbook is a great resource for quick and delicious recipes. We also have a variety of recipes on our website that are perfect for beginners, such as one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker recipes.

2. Where can I find recipe suggestions for dietary restrictions?

We have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. You can find these recipes on our website under the "Dietary Restrictions" category. You can also filter recipes by dietary restrictions when using our recipe search feature.

3. How can I find recipes using specific Pampered Chef products?

We have a "Recipes by Product" section on our website where you can browse recipes based on the Pampered Chef products you own. You can also use our "Recipe Search" feature and type in the name of the product you want to use in the ingredients section to find recipes that include it. Additionally, our consultants are always happy to provide product-specific recipe recommendations.

4. Are there any recipes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that are perfect for kids, including snacks, lunches, and dinner options. Our "Kids in the Kitchen" cookbook is a great resource for fun and easy recipes that kids can help make. You can also find kid-friendly recipes on our website under the "Kids" category.

5. Can I submit my own recipe suggestions to Pampered Chef?

Yes, we love receiving recipe suggestions from our customers! You can submit your own recipe ideas through our website under the "Contact Us" section. Our team will review your submission and may feature it on our website or social media pages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies