• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Healthy Quinoa Recipes for Every Meal :chef:

J
Judybabe
:chef:This thread is specifically for Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wa). I love it as its so healthy for you. Gluten free and is easy to fix.

Anyone may add recipes, as we'd all love to learn from others.:)

Basic recipe for cooking Quinoa.

All recipes basically call for cooked Quinoa, so to cook it add 2 cups water to 1 cup Quinoa. Use a pan or some are using the rice cooker in the microwave. Bring to boil and let boil until the water is gone. Fluff.

There is a tiny ring around the grain. This will separate as it cooks. It's perfectly natural and is not to be removed. You try removing thousands of tiny rings.

You can buy Quinoa from health food stores or departments. I have also seen it in the baking aisle with the specialty flours. Wal-mart carries it in this aisle.
Bob's Red Mill is one brand, there are a couple of others too. I buy it on ebay. it costs about 6.00 a pound.

I am not affiliated with any Quinoa board or do I profit from Quinoa sales in any way. I just am thrilled with a high quality, tasty, natural food.

Mediterranean Quinoa - All Recipes

**note, the recipe as listed calls for 4 cups broth. Cut it to 2. You can add more later if it becomes too dry, but it will be mushy if you use too much too soon.

this is a favorite at church potlucks for me.

mmm, we really like quinoa. Which reminds me, we haven't had it in quite a while. Not all the stores carry it around here, so I forget to buy it when we run out.I will have to look up some of my recipes.

1. What is Quinoa and why is it considered a healthy food?

Quinoa is a grain-like seed that is native to South America. It is often referred to as a superfood because it is packed with nutrients and is considered a complete protein. Quinoa is also gluten-free and easy to digest, making it a great option for people with dietary restrictions or digestive issues.

2. How do I cook Quinoa?

To cook Quinoa, simply add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of Quinoa in a pan or rice cooker. Bring it to a boil and let it cook until all the water is absorbed. Then, fluff the Quinoa with a fork.

3. Where can I buy Quinoa?

Quinoa can be found in most health food stores or departments, as well as in the specialty flour section of some grocery stores. It can also be purchased online from various retailers.

4. Can I use Quinoa in different types of meals?

Yes, Quinoa can be used in a variety of dishes, from breakfast to dinner. It can be used as a substitute for rice or pasta, added to soups and stews, or used as a base for salads and bowls.

5. Are there any specific brands of Quinoa that you recommend?

While there are many brands of Quinoa available, some popular and highly rated options include Bob's Red Mill, Ancient Harvest, and Nature's Earthly Choice. It's always a good idea to read reviews and compare prices to find the best option for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefshawna
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies