• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Recipes for Prep Bowls

In summary, there are two recipes for prep bowls- a scrambled egg recipe and a chocolate dessert recipe. Someone recommended a quick and easy brownie sundae recipe. Another suggested using the prep bowls for leftovers or to reheat food. There are also ideas for cakes and mini pot pies.
taymit
I recently read here two quick and easy recipes (scrambled eggs and a chocolate dessert) for the prep bowls?....Can anyone help me find them or does anyone have other quick and easy ideas for these bowls?

Oh, Yes....I LOVE using the prep bowls for a quick easy Egg Sandwich....spray lightly w/oil, put in your egg, scramble it a little and then cook for about a minute and a half, be careful, it might "POP"....but then I slip it out onto my english muffin, top it with ham and cheese and VIOLA......(when it comes out, put cheese right on top of it upside down, looks like a volcano kind of and it melts wonderfully).....

YummyThis is one that I will try for sure and/or demo at some upcoming shows...I am always looking for quick and easy ideas to demo at shows.

Search for the Recipes By Product thread posted by its me susan. What you are looking for may be there.

My 5yo makes breakfast for the kids now. She spritzes the bowls, cracks in 1 egg, 1/4 of a cheese square (we have 4 kids), and some chopped lunch meat (I have that prepped in the fridge for her), and mixes. It takes 45 seconds in our microwave. Comes out HOT. I use the microwave cover becasue it will make a mess. SHe also makes toast to go along with their breakfsat. She LOVES being able to make breakfast. And so do I!!!!

I did little cakes in mine last week. I frosted them yellow and made a brim to make them look like hard hats for my sons 2nd birthday. I made 4 (one for eack child in attendance) They were a pain to frost but they were really cool!

I was very impressed how the cakes just popped right out. I did spray them but still!

Thanks. Sounds yummy. Did you use a cake batter?

I remember seeing somewhere about a quick and easy brownie sundae..

Prepare any brownie mix according to directions and put a couple of small scoops of batter in each prep bowl (about 1/4 cup). Microwave about 1 minute and 15 seconds (adjust more or less if necessary) and put ice cream on top. Serve warm. Awesome for a quick chocolate fix!

Such great ideas for such a great product!!!!!!

Thanks Julie...I have two parties coming this week and i am going to demo the prep bowls

I made little princesses with the prep bowls for my daughter's 3rd birthday. They were the skirt and put little Kelly dolls in them. Super cute.

I don't use mine for cooking but I do:

use for leftovers
make mini-trifles when I have leftovers from my big trifle (kids love it!)
serve fruit, applesauce at dinner time
use for taco night or anytime you have lots of small things to prepare earlier
Reheat food (don't use plastic because it leaks poison into your food - hence the reason I don't use the microcooker although my customers sell them at shows)

The prep bowls in my house are rarely clean since I use them so much. Need another set....

Totally great for taco night! I love them, too, for when I'm having people over and want to make dinner right near when they get there, but I can prep stuff ahead and then I'm like the food channel! I love how they just dump a little bowl in the pot here and there...

I haven't tried it yet, but I think it would be SO fun to make a caterpillar cake!

I make a low-fat brownie recipe using 4 tbsp dry low-fat brownie mix and 2 tbsp flavored yogurt. mix together and microwave for 1 minute, 15 seconds. Top with some frozen yogurt and yum-o! p.s. my fav combination is strawberry yogurt and coffee ice cream... mmmm...

For a savory recipe, try mini pot pies. Mix cream of chicken soup with a bag of frozen mixed veggies (corn, carrots, peas, green beans). Spoon into the prep bowls. Top with a square of puff pastry and bake until browned.

You can also make cakes in them (again) slice them in half top to bottom, lay them down and frost them as a cracked egg...put a peep in the middle so it looks like he came out of the broken egg...

That sounds delicious..

I just did a search under files for prep bowl, and 5 things came up for ideas. Someone put a great prep bowl idea booklet out there.

I did the 1 egg omelet yesterday, and it worked great.

1 egg
a little cheese
a little bacon

microwave 1 min. and invert onto a plate. I didn't spray my bowl, and it came out just fine.

Others had awesome ideas too.

Tracy :D

I did the omelet thing yesterday, too! It was really good! I used my chopper to put some broccoli in there...it was what I had and awesome awesome! It's even faster than making oatmeal for breakfast!

I am totally going to use the prep bowls to make a turtle cake for my daughters bday in July. I am going to take the large batter bowl and the prep bowls I am going to cut them in 1/2 and do the legs and use 1 as the head I will post pics when I get it made. (in July)

OH a TURTLE!! How cute!!

I'm going to do mini ladybugs laid out in the shape of a 3 for my daughter's birthday. :)

GourmetGirl said:
I make a low-fat brownie recipe using 4 tbsp dry low-fat brownie mix and 2 tbsp flavored yogurt. mix together and microwave for 1 minute, 15 seconds. Top with some frozen yogurt and yum-o! p.s. my fav combination is strawberry yogurt and coffee ice cream... mmmm...

I just tried this and it was scary. It had a very weird texture - kind of spongy. Almost like ooblek. THe coffee taste in the ice cream didn't work for me. (I happened to have that on hand). Oh well, I didn't let it go to waste. Somehow I forced myself to eat it, lol!!!! It was ok, but the texture was just odd. Is that how it's supposed to turn out? Or did I do something wrong?

1. What are prep bowls and why are they useful for quick and easy recipes?

Prep bowls are small bowls typically made of glass or plastic that are used to hold pre-measured ingredients while cooking or baking. They are useful for quick and easy recipes because they save time and make the cooking process more organized and efficient.

2. Can prep bowls be used for both wet and dry ingredients?

Yes, prep bowls can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. They are versatile and can hold a variety of ingredients such as chopped vegetables, sauces, spices, and more.

3. How many prep bowls should I have on hand when using them for recipes?

This will depend on the specific recipe, but it is recommended to have at least 4-6 prep bowls on hand. This allows for easy organization and separation of ingredients during the cooking process.

4. Do I need to use specific prep bowls for specific ingredients?

No, you can use the same prep bowls for any ingredients. However, it is recommended to have designated prep bowls for certain ingredients, such as raw meats, to avoid cross-contamination.

5. Can I use prep bowls for meal prep or do they only work for individual recipes?

Prep bowls can be used for both meal prep and individual recipes. They are great for prepping ingredients ahead of time for a specific recipe, as well as for storing pre-measured ingredients for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • fun2cook2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pamperedva