• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Quick, Easy & Cheap Trifle Recipes?

In summary, There are three trifle recipes provided for quick, easy, and cheap trifles. The first is a chocolate trifle with cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and toffee bars. The second recipe is a strawberry shortcake trifle made with strawberries, vanilla pudding, cream cheese, pound cake, and whipped cream. The third recipe is a peanut butter trifle with brownie mix, peanut butter chips, vanilla pudding, cream, peanut butter cups, and
hoosierchef
I know we all have been trifled to death since they brought it out, but I need to do a Trifle for my next two shows and would like to offer 3 for my host to choose from. They need to be quick, easy and cheap. (Not a person KG! :p The trifle Recipes.)

Any suggestions? I've looked at Harriet's file, but I'm so confused. They all look so good....... I can't just choose by myself! :p

I made poundcake from a box mix to keep costs down, and baked it before the show. I cut it at the show and mix with fruit and cool whip. I was pretty cheap depending on the fruit.

Another I made was a chocolate cake in the fluted pan with chocolate pudding and cool whip. YUM!

(Still drooling about a HO HO trifle!!)

My favorite is devil's food cake, 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding, whipped cream and grated skor bars between the layers. It's under $10, probably about $6-$7 and really fast if you make the cake ahead of time and pudding ahead of time. and so yummy! The whole trifle was devoured by about 8 people!!!

gilliandanielle said:

Gillian why oh why did you have to remind me of that?!? I was at the dollar store and saw the little debbie version and debated getting them and passed (patting myself on the back for having the willpower to say no) them up, and now I wish I got them so I could make my own Ho Ho trifle... I think I am now drooling and kicking myself in the behind! :p

Here are some suggestionsI love these trifles and they are cheap and easy:

Easy Chocolate trifle recipe:

1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 quart cold milk
2 (3.9 ounce) packages JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
4 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate-covered English toffee bars, crushed

Prepare cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Add milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
Layer half each of the cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping and crushed chocolate bars in large glass trifle bowl. Repeat all layers. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 18 servings

You can substitute cake for brownies or oreos and use the pudding and whipped cream to layer the trifle and top with chocolate curls or shavings.

Easy Strawberry Shortcake Trifle

1 pint fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups vanilla pudding
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups pound cake cubes (1/2-inch)

Reserve 3 or 4 berries for garnish. Slice 1 cup berries; arrange along sides of clear straight-sided 1 1/2-quart bowl.

Blend remaining berries in blender or food processor; add sugar.

In a mixer bowl, beat pudding and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Place 1/2 cake in bottom of dish. Pour 1/2 the pureed berries over cake. Top with 1/2 the pudding mixture. Repeat. Cover and chill 24 hours

Frozen strawberries are pretty cheap if you can't get them fresh and cheap.

Peanut Butter Trifle recipe:

21 ounce package brownie mix
10 ounce bag of peanut butter chips
5 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
3 cups milk
1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream, whipped and divided
24 regular sized (about 2 inches in diameter) peanut butter cups, divided

Line a 13 by 9 inch pan with aluminum foil, extend foil by 2 inches over side. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Add peanut butter chips. Bake in foil lined pan for length of time required by package.
Cool completely.
Lift foil out of pan. Invert on cutting board. Remove foil. Cut into 3/4 inch pieces, using sharp knife.

Coarsely chop 20 peanut butter cups; saving 4 for garnish.

Combine pudding mix and milk in large bowl. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gently fold in half of whipped cream.

Place half of brownies in bottom of trifle bowl; top with 1/2 of chopped candy and half of pudding. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped cream, spooned or piped on. Slice leftover candy in four long pieces. Arrange them vertically on top of cream.

English Trifle

1 angel food cake
2- 5.9 ounce boxes instant vanilla pudding mix, prepared
1 package frozen crushed strawberries
2 small packages strawberry flavored gelatin, prepared
1/2 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
16 ounce container whipped topping
4 bananas

Break cake in bite size pieces in bottom of large trifle bowl. Fold ice cream into prepared pudding. Pour half of mixture over cake. Fold strawberries into prepared gelatin. Pour half over pudding mix. Slice 2 bananas over this.
Repeat layering process with pudding, gelatin and bananas. Spread whipped topping on top. Garnish with whole strawberries.

Ok that's enough suggestions, I am hungry!! LOL
Debbie :D

GourmetGirl said:
My favorite is devil's food cake, 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding, whipped cream and grated skor bars between the layers. It's under $10, probably about $6-$7 and really fast if you make the cake ahead of time and pudding ahead of time. and so yummy! The whole trifle was devoured by about 8 people!!!

My favorite is the same above....except I made 2 boxes of cake-like brownies for it! (I used about 3/4 of the large bar pan/2 boxes)

The one that I've made is the Raspberry Trifle

It consists of angel food cake, sugar free raspberry jello, 2 thawed packages of raspberries and 3 containers of Yoplait Raspberry yogert. Light, refreshing and almost fat free.

It's in the trifle booklet.

Chocolate chip cookie trifle
2 containers of whipped topping...2 packages of chocolate chip cookies and a small cup of milk is ALL you need..oh and the TRIFLE BOWL:)....Start by putting some whipped topping in the bottom of the TRIFLE BOWL..then take a cookie and dip it in the glass of milk...make a single layer doing this..then pile on more whipped topping..another layer of cookies dipped in milk...more whipped topping and so on til it is almost full...save about 4 cookies to crumble on top ....refrigerate over night...garnish with chocolate pudding with EASY ACCENT DECORATOR and crumbled up cookies...soooooooooo good...easy and cheap to make....the kids will LOVE IT!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I made poundcake from a box mix to keep costs down, and baked it before the show. I cut it at the show and mix with fruit and cool whip. I was pretty cheap depending on the fruit.

Another I made was a chocolate cake in the fluted pan with chocolate pudding and cool whip. YUM!

Did someone share a recipe for a Ho Ho trifle? I don't see it - couldn't find it with a search either. But I"m droolling already! please share, or point me in the right directions, TIA!!!

There was never a recipe, just a mention of how good ho-hos in a trifle would be. I was trying to think of what would go in there, and if the cream of the ho-ho would be weird with cool whip...

I just found this recipe!! Someone needs to try it and let us know how accurate it is to Hostess!;)
Ho Ho Cake
Ingredients:
1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
1 (16 ounce) can dark chocolate icing
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon water
1 cup powdered sugarDirections:
1. Prepare cake as directed on package for two round pans.
2. When cool, "slice" through cakes to make 4 "thin" cakes.
3. Beat sugar, shortening, vanilla, milk, salt and water for 7 minutes.
4. Add powdered sugar and beat for 5 minutes longer.
5. Lay one layer of cake on plate.
6. Spread Cream filling on top only, do not go all the way to the edge.
7. Lay another layer of cake on this.
8. Spread cream filling on this too.
9. Again layer and filling until you have all four layers on here.
10. Ice the whole cake with the chocolate icing.

ME! ME! I will take one for the team and suffer through this recipe...!!!

Well, before you sign up, you better have all of the ingredients!! Someone else might make it RIGHT now!:p

DebbieSAChef said:
I love these trifles and they are cheap and easy:

Easy Chocolate trifle recipe:

Ok that's enough suggestions, I am hungry!! LOL
Debbie :D

Hey Debbie. Thanks! Is the Strawberry Triffle the only one that has to be chilled?? I'm hoping to "Assemble" the Triffle at the show and want it to be immediately available when I'm done. :D

I still can't believe KG hasn't jumped on the Quick, Cheap and Easy thing yet! ;) :p

I offered because I am leaving right now to fax my director agreement and can swing by the store!

Wahooo!!! and then can you send me some here at work? :) ....can't wait to hear; maybe I will make it this weekend if it's a go!

That ho ho recipe looks GOOD! I was just at the store, too - UGH! I have everything except the powdered sugar. I used the last of mine on the Tuxedo brownies. I love those! :) thx for finding that recipe. YUMMY!

Tammi, most trifles are best after they sit for 30 minutes or so. It allows the flavors to blend, the cake to absorb any liquids, etc.

If you're planning to assemble it as soon as you arrive, you'll probably be fine. If you're planning it as part of your demo, you'll want to vamp a bit to give it a little time.

I did the Easy Chocolate Trife - choc cake, chocolate pudding, toffee bars, and cool whip for a show last Friday night. It was a "no-demo" show (fundraiser) I made it the night before - 6 ladies devoured it in no time. Great night - great show.

OK- I have got the stuff, but now I have to wait until my kids go to sleep so I can make it without helpers!

My DH is surprised and disappointed at how much of the Black Forest Trifle a few women will eat. My Saturday host had 6 guests. Every one of them had at least seconds. One had a fourth helping. My husband asked me how many were there. When I told him, he was shocked that there was so little left.

I love the cappaccino mousse triffle!!!

gilliandanielle said:
OK- I have got the stuff, but now I have to wait until my kids go to sleep so I can make it without helpers!

Can't wait to hear!!:)

hoosierchef said:
I still can't believe KG hasn't jumped on the Quick, Cheap and Easy thing yet! ;) :p
Actually, I saw the name of the thread and wondered, "Now who's posting stories about me?!?"
:D

Congratulations Gillian on sending/faxing in your Director Agreement! I meant to write that last night but I was so tired that I missed that!

Thanks Harriet- I hope they got it!

Oh yes, congrats Gillian.....sorry, my mind was on ho ho's! By the way.....did you get to try the recipe yet???

I didn't make it yet but I will today as my celebration trifle!

haha, okay! I am waiting to hear whether I will have company tomorrow or not....and if so, I am going to try an angel food cake one, with the jello/coolwhip combo & fresh berries!! I think it will be great! But, I don't want to make it then have it here all to myself if my company doens't come!

JK, my DH and I will be over around 3:30. Is that OK? Get that trifle made, please?????????????

Okay, I don't think it would be too long of a drive!! ;)

I couldn't resist, JK and wish that we could come to visit. Maybe down the road sometime we could meet up. I hope your company does come so you can make that yummy trifle and send me some through cyberspace!

Here is my creation! Final verdict- more effort than it is worth! I spent almost 90 mins creating it and I would NOT recommend this recipe to anyone without a Kitchenaid!! It was messy and hard to assemble. The frosting did taste very similar to the real thing, but the recipe didn't make enough to be in proportion to the amount of cake.

Bottom line- I am so tired from making the trifle that I don't have any energy to eat it!

100_2588.jpg

I'm sure it won't be long until it calls you to eat. LOL

I hope so! While I was slicing the ho-ho's I decided that I am probably the first person ever to use forged cutlery to slice up ho-ho's!!

The selling part of you was thinking!!

Awww, I am sorry Gillian!! But it looks very beautiful....any yummy! :) I will post a picture of my trifle if my company does come.... and they are getting the aloha pizza, another one of my new addictions! haha!! I will try coloring the angel food cake with some red food coloring to make it pink...so we'll see how it will do for HWC!

How do yall get pics to size to be able to post? I cannot get mine small enough to post on here.

Great pic Gillian! I am already hungry and waiting to leave to go out to eat.

I have Photoshop, so I change the size in there.....I think that you could insert it in to a word document, size it down, then right click on it and "Save as image or picture" ......might work!!

PS: My company (my mom and her bf) is/are coming!! My pink angel food cake is in the oven ;)

That's great JK! Can't wait to hear how your trifle comes out!

Here it is!!
http://www.jlknapp.com/pamperedchef/HWCtrifle.jpg

JK it looks delicious. Is it strawberry jello mixed with the coolwhip or did you put red food coloring in the coolwhip and then plain coolwhip piped in on top?

Oh yummy! I think the problem is that I want a fruity one like yours, not a chocalate one like mine!

pamperedharriet said:
JK it looks delicious. Is it strawberry jello mixed with the coolwhip or did you put red food coloring in the coolwhip and then plain coolwhip piped in on top?

I put a little food coloring in the angel food mix. For the filling, I mixed 2 packets of strawberry jello with 2/3 cup boiling water, then folded in 2 tubs of cool whip. So that is how it is pink! Then I cheated and used an aerasol can of whip cream (to try and use it up and get it out of my fridge!) ... I am not a huge cool whip fan, or else I probably would have added that in the layers as well to add some white. I will let you guys know how it tastes tomorrow!

gilliandanielle said:
Oh yummy! I think the problem is that I want a fruity one like yours, not a chocalate one like mine!

Okay, let's switch!!

Thanks, JK. Waiting to hear how it tastes after your Mom leaves.

They loved it!! :) ....I will probably offer that as one of 2, or maybe the only recipe for May... you definitely can demo that one, and pretty much serve it right away. I would throw it in the fridge for a few mins though before serving....just so the jello and coolwhip sets a little!

That's awesome! Thanks. I'm ready to receive a sample....LOL

There is still some left!! One thing with this is that it is pretty light....so be ready for people to want second servings!!

<H2>1. What are some quick and easy trifle recipes that are also budget-friendly?</H2><p>Some quick and easy trifle recipes that are also budget-friendly include a classic strawberry trifle, a chocolate pudding trifle, and a lemon blueberry trifle. These recipes typically require minimal ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes.</p><H2>2. Can I make a trifle in advance?</H2><p>Yes, you can make a trifle in advance. In fact, many trifle recipes actually taste better when they've had time to sit and allow the flavors to meld together. You can make a trifle up to 24 hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.</p><H2>3. Are there any gluten-free or dairy-free trifle options?</H2><p>Yes, there are many gluten-free and dairy-free trifle options available. You can substitute gluten-free cake or cookies for the traditional sponge cake, and use coconut or almond milk in place of dairy milk. You can also use dairy-free whipped topping or make your own with coconut cream.</p><H2>4. Can I use frozen fruit in a trifle?</H2><p>Yes, you can use frozen fruit in a trifle. Just make sure to thaw the fruit before using it in the trifle, and drain off any excess liquid. You can also mix fresh and frozen fruit together for added flavor and texture.</p><H2>5. How do I layer a trifle correctly?</H2><p>To layer a trifle correctly, start with a layer of cake or cookies on the bottom, followed by a layer of fruit or pudding. Repeat these layers until you reach the top, ending with a layer of whipped cream or topping. Make sure to press each layer down gently before adding the next one, and use a clear glass trifle dish to showcase the layers.</p>

1. What are some quick and easy trifle recipes that are also budget-friendly?

Some quick and easy trifle recipes that are also budget-friendly include a classic strawberry trifle, a chocolate pudding trifle, and a lemon blueberry trifle. These recipes typically require minimal ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes.

2. Can I make a trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a trifle in advance. In fact, many trifle recipes actually taste better when they've had time to sit and allow the flavors to meld together. You can make a trifle up to 24 hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

3. Are there any gluten-free or dairy-free trifle options?

Yes, there are many gluten-free and dairy-free trifle options available. You can substitute gluten-free cake or cookies for the traditional sponge cake, and use coconut or almond milk in place of dairy milk. You can also use dairy-free whipped topping or make your own with coconut cream.

4. Can I use frozen fruit in a trifle?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in a trifle. Just make sure to thaw the fruit before using it in the trifle, and drain off any excess liquid. You can also mix fresh and frozen fruit together for added flavor and texture.

5. How do I layer a trifle correctly?

To layer a trifle correctly, start with a layer of cake or cookies on the bottom, followed by a layer of fruit or pudding. Repeat these layers until you reach the top, ending with a layer of whipped cream or topping. Make sure to press each layer down gently before adding the next one, and use a clear glass trifle dish to showcase the layers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• millerswamp
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cdnmom
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • 4kids4me
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies