• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Customer Payment

In summary, the consultant can accept payment from customers in the form of cash, cheque, or credit card. The cheque should be made out to the consultant, not PC. In the case of a bounced cheque, the consultant should contact the customer to arrange alternative payment and ask the host to hold off on distributing the order until payment is made. It is recommended to deposit cheques as soon as they are received to avoid any potential issues. Credit card payments are processed through Home Office and any transaction fees are taken care of by HO. It is important to ask questions and be prepared for potential issues in advance.
angfen
As I said before I'm not signed up yet, but will after my move.

My question is when the customer pays you how is payment taken? By check? By credit card? by cash? And, if it's by check who does the check get made out to PC or you? Also, if they do pay by check, what happens if their check bounces.

Just a question someone brought to my attention. I would appreciate all the answers I can get

Thanks
Ang

The customer may pay by cash, cheque or credit card.They make their cheque out to the consultant, not PC. I haven't actually had a customer bounce a cheque. But HO doesn't usually take the money for a show out of your account for about a week or so after the show's been submitted, to give cheques a chance to clear first.
What I would do is call the customer and arrange alternative payment and ask the host not to distribute the person's order until he/she paid.

Ang:

Whenever possible, the best piece of advice is to put your checks in the bank as soon as you receive them, so that you know that they have cleared when transmitting the show to home office.

A note on credit card payments: all credit card payments are processed through Home Office after they receive the show. If there is a problem, HO will call you to resolve the situation. Also, we do NOT pay for credit card transaction fees. This is all taken care of by HO!

Hope this helps!

Mary

Thank you - I was more concered about my account being charge for a bounced check.

You've seem to answer my questions though. THank you

I know some consultants have been burned by a customer or two when their check didn't clear. I've never had that problem in over two years. But, just to be safe, I did start depositing the checks right after the show...before it closes. It seemed in a couple cases I read about here that even doing that wouldn't have prevented the problems they had. For some reason, the checked bounced even after the products were delivered. Hopefully those problems are few and far between!

Keep on asking those questions in preparation for starting your business! It's nice to get a head start on knowing how to handle issues that may come up. If you have any other questions, just ask! :)

What forms of payment are accepted?

At Pampered Chef, we accept all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept personal checks and money orders. Cash payments are only accepted for in-person purchases at our retail locations.

Can I use multiple forms of payment for one order?

Yes, you can use multiple forms of payment for one order. Simply select "Split Payment" at checkout and enter the amount you would like to pay with each form of payment. Please note that only one credit card can be used for each split payment.

Is my payment information secure?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we take the security of our customers' information very seriously. We use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your payment information and all of our transactions are monitored and verified for your safety.

Can I pay with a Pampered Chef gift card?

Yes, you can use a Pampered Chef gift card as a form of payment for your order. Simply enter the gift card number and PIN at checkout. Please note that gift cards cannot be used for online party orders or for recurring subscription orders.

What is your return and refund policy for payments?

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund. Please note that refunds will be issued in the original form of payment and may take up to 10 business days to process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • smarteez2