• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About How to Make This More "Showable"

In summary, the host is looking for a recipe that is easy to make and can be served with fruit. She is also interested in finding recipes that would be good for bookings.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have a host who has various food allergies and she either didn't like or couldn't eat any of the recipes I offered for her. She just sent me the following email:

Can we make this recipe? I know it's not on the list but it is simple and is
an easy kid friendly recipe as most guest have small kids and it is
something different to serve with fruit.

Butterscotch Dip
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in Small Batter Bowl; mix with Bamboo Spoon
until smooth.
2. Chill. Serve with fresh fruit.

Yield: 1 1/4 cups

This is a very simple recipe and I would be fine making it but does anyone have any ideas to do more with this? Or another simple recipe to offer to show more product?

well, you could show how to cut up the fruit (knives, cutting board, mandoline, egg slicer, apple wedger)... could you do cinnamon chips on a piece of stoneware? Brush a tortilla w/ butter, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar bake till crispy.

Soften cream cheese in classic batter bowl, measure topping in Measure all cup... hope this helps.

If you have the SS bowls, use the bowl from that. Try to demo the big ticket items. Mix it with the mix n' scraper, it'll probably work better. Use any cutting tools you can to prepare the fruit. Serve in a bamboo or SA bowl.
Basically what I'm getting at is, even though it's simple. Try to use as many (and as $pendy) products as you can. This will get you more sales and bookings.

I can't say I practice what I preach though, because I just learned some of these tricks.

I see all sorts of possibilities:
Batter Bowl
Mix & Mash (or Stainless Whisk)
Measure All Cup
Adjustable Spoons
Scrapers
Simple Additions
Apple Wedger for apples and pears
Easy Opener (open can of 7-up and toss apples/pears in a little to keep from browning)
Crinkle Cutter for melon and/or pound cake
Cook's Corer (another way to work on apples or pears
Core & More for strawberries
Tiered Tower for displaying fruitIt's definitely do-able, then make sure you do a bunch of "C" recipes...talk about recipes you can do in the DCB and get them wanting it...good for bookings.

For some reason I didn't even think about the fruit! I can encourage her to get a pineapple to show the wedger. I could also either layer it in the trifle bowl or like Kristen suggested the tiered tower. For some reason I wasn't really thinking but I knew if I came here it would be good!

you could slice some apples and use the 8 in. saute pan to saute them in butter...soften them up...and then serve them over ice cream with the sauce on top!
That'd use the cookware, something to stir while you saute, the ice cream scoop, whatever you want to use to slice the apples....it could be quite a fun party!

When I saw the suggestion about sauteing the apples, I thought about those we had at Cracker Barrel recently. They probably had some brown sugar or maybe maple syrup, and cinnamon in them too. It seemed like a glaze of some sort. They also sold them in pint jars to take home and heat.

What are some tips for making my dish more presentable?

1. Use garnishes: Adding fresh herbs, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of sauce can add visual appeal to your dish.

2. Play with plating: Experiment with different ways of arranging your food on the plate to make it more visually interesting.

3. Use colorful ingredients: Incorporating a variety of colorful ingredients can make your dish look more appetizing.

4. Use serving dishes: Serving your dish in a nice platter or bowl can elevate its presentation.

5. Clean up spills: Wipe off any excess sauce or crumbs from the plate before serving to make it look neater.

How can I make my dish look more professional?

1. Use professional tools: Investing in high-quality kitchen tools, such as a mandoline or pastry bag, can help you create more precise and visually appealing dishes.

2. Pay attention to details: Make sure to clean up any excess sauces or crumbs on the plate, and use a damp cloth to wipe off any smudges on the plate.

3. Practice plating: Take the time to practice different plating techniques to find the one that works best for your dish.

4. Use a variety of textures: Incorporating different textures, such as crunchy and creamy, can make your dish more interesting to look at and eat.

5. Use fresh ingredients: Using fresh and high-quality ingredients can make a huge difference in the overall presentation of your dish.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when making a dish look more showable?

1. Overcrowding the plate: Leaving enough space between each element on the plate can make it look more visually appealing.

2. Using too many colors: While incorporating different colors can make your dish more attractive, using too many can make it look overwhelming and unappetizing.

3. Not paying attention to plating: Neglecting to properly arrange and present the food on the plate can make it look messy and unprofessional.

4. Using dull or dirty dishes: Make sure to use clean and polished dishes to serve your food, as it can greatly impact the overall presentation.

5. Not tasting the dish: Before serving, make sure to taste your dish to ensure it is properly seasoned and will be enjoyable for your guests.

What are some creative ways to make my dish stand out?

1. Use unique serving vessels: Instead of serving your dish on a plain plate, consider using a hollowed-out fruit or vegetable, or a creative serving dish.

2. Incorporate different cooking techniques: Combining different cooking techniques, such as searing and roasting, can add depth and complexity to your dish.

3. Add a pop of color: Use vibrant and unexpected ingredients, such as edible flowers or colorful fruits, to make your dish visually striking.

4. Plate with purpose: Consider the overall theme or story of your dish and use that as inspiration for how you plate and present it.

5. Use sauces and drizzles: Adding a sauce or drizzle on top of your dish can not only enhance the flavor but also add an artistic touch to the presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cdnmom
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies