• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Consultant Acting as Host

In summary, you can host as many cooking/catalog shows as you'd like, and you don't need to worry about your spouse or other family members living in the same residence as you hosting for you. There are guidelines to follow regarding people who live in the same residence as you, but I couldn't find any specific limitations.
Summer0919
Hi, just wondering if there's a limit to how many cooking/catalog shows we can host as a consultant. Also, what are the rules about our hubby or other family members who live in our home hosting for us? :chef:

You can host as many as you'd like. There are guidelines to follow regarding people who live in the same residence as you. I'd have to double check the Policies and Procedures (P&P) on Consultant Corner (CC) to give you the details for sure...I don't want to give you false information. :D You will want to go to CC and read and/or print it out for your own personal use and to refer to. There's so much to take in and learn at first.Go to CC, then on the right hand side under "Frequently Used Links", click on the first one listed. It's "Consultant Policy Guide".

Hi Amanda,

I had looked on CC under policies on page 6 about consultants acting as hosts, but didn't see anything about how often we're able to do this. I have given quite a few catalogs out and now orders are beginning to come in and I have enough to qualify as a show, but I've already been a host this month and didn't know if I was allowed to put myself down as a host again. I had read about spouses acting as hosts and wondered why the consultant wouldn't just put their own name as host. I thought maybe there were limits on how often we could do this.

Oh, okay. I didn't know you had already read the policy guide. Yeah, I haven't been able to see a limitation listed anywhere. I know what you mean about hearing about others putting their spouse down as the host. I don't understand why they'd do that either.But I know it's okay for you to host more than once, because it's done a lot and it's not listed in the rules as not being allowed. But one thing some people do (if they don't want the host benefits) is do it as a mystery host show. Draw a name of one of the people who placed an order and surprise her with the fact that she's won the host benefits.

I also know some people list their spouse so that they can take advantage of the past host booking benefit. As a consultant acting as a host, we do not qualify for booking benefits. Also, we do not make commission on our order beyond the free product value.

I was thinking that too, but then I read in the policies otherwise, so now I'm confused as to the benefit of having your spouse do a show.Consultant-hosted Shows
If you or a member of your household hosts your own Show:
• You will receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
• You are not eligible for the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.

• Personal orders placed on the Show do not apply
toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive
or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant.

Hmmm....then no real difference.

If a consultant's spouse hosts a show, the spouse then receives a host number, which allows them to receive 10% off orders for a year. If the consultant wanted to place an order under someone's show to help get them to the next level, they could place the order under their spouse's name and receive the 10% discount, plus that order would add to the guest sales and commissionable sales.

Maybe just put it under your mother's or sister's name or something like that? Or is that too cagey?:confused:

I used to have my Mom come and help me with shows at my house - she would act as the "hostess" for the show - greeting people, etc....so that I could concentrate on being the consultant. I would then put her as the host of the show, and let her have whatever host benefits she wanted. Being my mom, she didn't always take them. :rolleyes: Then, if she liked the host bonus for the months that people booked, she would use that benefit too. She did a lot of her gift shopping that way, which was great for her being on a fixed retirement income, and it was such a relief to me to have her help so that I wasn't overwhelmed being both host and consultant.
I really miss that.

taterbug said:
If a consultant's spouse hosts a show, the spouse then receives a host number, which allows them to receive 10% off orders for a year. If the consultant wanted to place an order under someone's show to help get them to the next level, they could place the order under their spouse's name and receive the 10% discount, plus that order would add to the guest sales and commissionable sales.

That's a really good point and I love being able to help the host get all of the free product they can. When I signed on to be a consultant last month I had no idea this job would be so much fun. I was able to help one of my friends get over $140 in free products because of this month's extra bonuses and she was so amazed. I love it! :sing:

1. What is the difference between a consultant acting as a host and a regular host?

When a consultant acts as a host, they are essentially taking on the role of both the consultant and the host of the party. This means that they will be responsible for both presenting and demonstrating Pampered Chef products, as well as inviting guests and providing refreshments. As a regular host, you would simply be responsible for inviting guests and providing refreshments while the consultant takes care of the presentation.

2. Can a consultant receive host rewards when acting as a host?

Yes, a consultant acting as a host is eligible to receive host rewards, just like a regular host. This means they can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales at their party, as well as have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only products.

3. Is it common for consultants to act as hosts for their own parties?

Yes, it is common for consultants to act as hosts for their own parties. This can be a great way for them to showcase their knowledge and skills as a consultant and also earn rewards for their own purchases.

4. How do I know if a consultant is acting as a host for my party?

If a consultant is acting as a host for your party, they will typically be listed as the host on the party invitation or event page. You can also confirm with the consultant directly before the party.

5. Are there any additional benefits to having a consultant act as a host?

Yes, having a consultant act as a host can provide a more personalized and informative experience for guests. As a consultant, they are familiar with all of the products and can answer any questions and provide cooking tips and demonstrations. They can also offer their expertise in helping guests select the best products for their needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66