1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about Brownie Pan

1. I’m at wit's end with the brownie pan! I have made brownies multiple times and EVERY SINGLE time they come out like rocks! I cook them according to the directions and check them closer to the end to make sure they are cooked all the way through. And I grease the pan and cook at 350 degrees and I just don't know what to do anymore

May 22, 2018
  2. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

I have no words of wisdom for you, I've only used mine a handful of times. Any chance your oven runs hotter than the settings? Also, I'd suggest checking them sooner, if the toothpick (or whatever you are using) is clear, pull them out. And perhaps, if you haven't tried this yet, remove them from the pan right away (or after a 5 minutes cooling period).

I know there are others out there who use this pan frequently -- thoughts, please.

May 22, 2018
  3. Jessica Kidd

Jessica Kidd Novice Member

Im willing to bet that your oven just gets hotter than its suppose to! Turn it down about 50° and check it about 15-20ish mins after putting brownies in oven. And check them every 5+/- until done! If takes forever bump your temp up about 8°-10° more.

May 28, 2018
  4. mspibb

mspibb Member Gold Member

Dark pans should always be 25 degrees cooler. I only cook 10-12 minutes.

May 30, 2018
  5. Logan

Logan

You should get an oven thermometer and test your temperature first, then definitely drop by at least 25 degrees and cook a shorter amount of time untif you find what works for your oven. It is a great tool and people rave about it so keep trying!

May 30, 2018
  6. If you google checking oven temperature there is a video on checking the setting of your oven and how to rebalance the setting.

Jun 12, 2018
  7. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Our oven cooks hot too - I lower by 20 degrees and always check it at the earliest possible baking time. My oven does mini muffins in just 6 minutes!

Jul 2, 2018
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted