• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Professional Cookware Being Phased Out?

In summary, Professional Cookware will be discontinued on March 1, 2008. Until March 1, all Professional Cookware pieces will be available while supplies last. The Large Covered Skillet (#2769) is nearly sold out. If your past host orders the small set (which is the way she's leaning) and they are sold out of the skillet that goes with that set, they will Substitute the family or sautee skillet.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
A quick question about professional cookware, which we all know is being discontinued:

Professional Cookware Large Covered Skillet While Supplies Last
As announced last July, Professional Cookware will be discontinued on March 1, 2008. Until March 1, all Professional Cookware pieces will be available while supplies last. That means we will not backorder these products once we have run out of stock Please be aware that the Large Covered Skillet (#2769) is nearly sold out. We anticipate filling all orders for this item submitted by Monday, February 11. If you have not yet submitted Show orders that include this item, note that orders will be filled on first-come, first served basis until inventory is gone.

SOOOOOOO ....

If my past host orders the small set (which is the way she's leaning)
And if they are sold out of the skillet that goes with that set

Will they ...

* Substitute the family or sautee skillet?
* Give her credit for $62 (which is what she'd pay)
or
* Give her credit for $155 (the original price of the set.)

The skillet is already boxed in the cookware set.

They are talking about the individual skillet. So your host will be fine!:)

Last edited:
For the price and to be able to complete her set with stuff that will still be available, are you able to talk her into the Executive set?

My past host is POOR. She asked specifically if we had a set that was "around $100" and I think she was thinking BEFORE the discount.

But I may be able to do it if I tell her that the Professional set has only 2 pans and the executive 5-piece set has THREE.

Since it is guaranteed for life ... if it fails, what will they replace it with?

Di_Can_Cook said:
My past host is POOR. She asked specifically if we had a set that was "around $100" and I think she was thinking BEFORE the discount.

But I may be able to do it if I tell her that the Professional set has only 2 pans and the executive 5-piece set has THREE.

Since it is guaranteed for life ... if it fails, what will they replace it with?

They will keep some in stock but I think I heard if they are out, they will give her credit to go towards another pan. I would call HO about that though. Have her book another show for this month, she can get 2 peices or sets at 60% off.

Do you have a website?

If she really can't afford the Professional or Executive Cookware and decides against it at the show you might want to tell her about the 10 pc Generation II set listed on the outlet. (You will get commission on the this where you won't on the 1/2 priced item no matter what set.) And you will want to tell her that the quality is not the same as the professional, but is is a nice set of cookware.

I have had my griddle for 7 years and it is still fabulous!!! For that reason I have sold 15 griddles on my website!!:)

Just a thought!

wadesgirl said:
They will keep some in stock but I think I heard if they are out, they will give her credit to go towards another pan.

The HO won't have to give credit because the skillet is already boxed in the sets. These are totally different items, as in item # and the set isn't listed as almost sold out.

fruit76loop said:
The HO won't have to give credit because the skillet is already boxed in the sets. These are totally different items, as in item # and the set isn't listed as almost sold out.

I wasn't talking about the skillet, I was talking about the lifetime warranty in general. HO has to guarantee the lifetime warranty if they have a product (or set) in stock or not.

wadesgirl said:
I wasn't talking about the skillet, I was talking about the lifetime warranty in general. HO has to guarantee the lifetime warranty if they have a product (or set) in stock or not.

oops...obviously didn't read that post right! I see it now! Pulling foot out of mouth!!!;)

And yes they are keeping it in stock to replace it. When I called HO on this they assured me they will have sufficent stock to replace items for years and years!:)

That's good to know!

Have her book another show for this month, she can get 2 peices or sets at 60% off.

That's a nice thought ... however, her show was just submitted MONDAY! She is the past host and her booking is closing next week! She IS re-booking but not until May. I can't ask her to have parties every two weeks! :)

What is the difference between professional cookware and regular cookware?

Professional cookware is designed for chefs and serious home cooks who frequently use their cookware and need it to withstand high temperatures, heavy use, and daily wear and tear. It is typically made of higher quality materials and has features such as thicker bottoms for even heat distribution and ergonomic handles for easy handling.

What materials are commonly used for professional cookware?

The most common materials used for professional cookware are stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, and copper. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it's important to choose the right one for your cooking needs.

Do I need to season my professional cookware?

It depends on the material. Cast iron and carbon steel cookware should be seasoned before use to create a non-stick surface and prevent rusting. Stainless steel and aluminum cookware do not need to be seasoned, but they may benefit from a light coating of oil before use to prevent sticking.

Can I use metal utensils with professional cookware?

Yes, most professional cookware is designed to withstand the use of metal utensils. However, it's always a good idea to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific recommendations on utensils to use with your cookware.

How do I clean and care for my professional cookware?

To ensure the longevity of your professional cookware, it's important to follow the manufacturer's cleaning and care instructions. Generally, most professional cookware can be hand washed with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive scrubbers, as they can damage the surface of the cookware. Additionally, be sure to dry your cookware thoroughly after each use to prevent rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• letscook04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pchefinski