• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Product Guarantees - Simple Additions

In summary, the product guarantees cover defects in manufacturing, not unintentional meetings of floor and ceramic or stone.
Bren706
Gold Member
Does the product guarantee cover a product if your children drop it trying to get something out of the refrigerator? My 2yr DD and 4yr old DS dropped one of my medium SA bowls last night when they were reaching for the bologna, and of course it broke. Luckily, it missed their toes and they were not hurt.

Just wondering if I should put in a product adjustment order for it. :(

I would do the adjustment. You could just do it online. My DH dropped my square baker the other day & it broke. I did the adjustment & sent in some broken pieces. He also melted my pocket thermometer. I'm thinking I need to ban him from my PC stuff--but then he wouldn't be able to cook!

In my opinion,......No. To me a product guarantee covers defects in manufacturing, not unintentional meetings of floor and ceramic or stone.

Robin

When I called HO when my simple additions medium plate dropped and broke, I told them it was my fault and they still replaced it. So if HO willingly replaced it knowing it was my fault, I'd say yes.

For newbies out there, keep in mind that there are tons of home office customer service folks and some rigidly apply all warranty and other rules and some are flexible. I've always been told that if I really feel a need to get a replacement on something and the original answer is "no"...to wait a day or so and try again.

bethsbiz said:
For newbies out there, keep in mind that there are tons of home office customer service folks and some rigidly apply all warranty and other rules and some are flexible. I've always been told that if I really feel a need to get a replacement on something and the original answer is "no"...to wait a day or so and try again.

I wish I would have known that when I melted my rice cooker.

How else would a SA break if it wasn't dropped or damaged in shipping? I've called for guests who dropped stones, etc. & they've always replaced them.

My husband dropped my trifle bowl and shattered it and they replaced it.

pamperedgirl3 said:
How else would a SA break if it wasn't dropped or damaged in shipping? I've called for guests who dropped stones, etc. & they've always replaced them.

My large bowl had a hairline crack. I could just barely see it (at first I thought it was a scuff mark), and one day, I set it on the counter and the whole corner broke off. So yes, it unfortunately can break:cry: . HO replaced it.

Side note: I got a call a few days ago from a customer who dropped her MMP and demanded HO replace it because it was under warranty. I politely gave her this analogy: if she had a new car with a 3 year warranty, drove the car out of the parking lot and got into an accident, the warranty wouldn't cover the accident damage.

I offered her a 10% discount and she bought a new one (no booking, though, unlike Ann's thread).

Last edited:
Diane... at the risk of being REALLY embarrassed when you tell me this... what is an MMP ... I KNOW I'm supposed to know but I just signed a recruit and I am so excited that I can't really think clear thoughts! :) TIA and stop laughing at me... just laugh with me! :)

Sorry, and I promise that I'm not laughing at you (actually, I always think of the MMR shot when I type it) - it's the Measure, Mix and Pour.

Congrats on the new recruit!!!!!!!

Thanks for clarifying! I thought you were talking about the mini muffin pan, and I couldn't think of what she could have done to it by dropping it!

HA! Thank you SO much... i woke up and STILL couldn't figure that one out... I was so zoned I didn't even think of the muffin pan either! :)
Thanks!!!!!!

BTW~ to answer the orginal question (sorry, I am so easy to get off topic!) whenever it's a CUSTOMER's fault, I will tell them that I will TRY to get it replaced, but that HO doesn't have to cover it. I also always offer 10% off if HO won't replace it! Then, I do an online adjustment so I don't even have to explain how it happened! Most times, it works!

Technically, they will replace it. However, if you feel it was faulty behavior and not faulty workmanship then I don't think you should return it.

I have a SA piece that is all scratched up from being stacked in the cabinet. I am not overly impressed with these products and think that many pieces of glass would fall a foot to the floor and not break.

Related to Product Guarantees - Simple Additions

1. What does the product guarantee for Simple Additions cover?

The product guarantee for Simple Additions covers any defects in materials or workmanship for up to one year from the date of purchase.

2. Can I return a Simple Additions product if I am not satisfied with it?

Yes, you can return any Simple Additions product within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange.

3. How do I make a warranty claim for a Simple Additions product?

To make a warranty claim, you can contact our customer service team or fill out a warranty claim form on our website and provide proof of purchase.

4. Are there any exclusions to the Simple Additions product guarantee?

The product guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or damage caused by accidents or improper care.

5. Can I purchase an extended warranty for Simple Additions products?

At this time, we do not offer extended warranties for Simple Additions products. However, the standard product guarantee covers any defects for up to one year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yvonne
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Ginger428
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies