• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing Apple Size Issues in Baked Goods: Tips and Tricks

In summary, if you are experiencing mushy apples in your baked goods, there are a few things you can try to avoid this issue. Using firmer apples, baking at a higher temperature, par-cooking the apples, cutting them into larger pieces, and adjusting the cooking time can all help prevent mushy apples. Don't be afraid to experiment and find the best method for your specific recipe.
narfing
I've used this device several times. Every cobbler, crisp and pie I make, the apples come out too mushy because they are half the size I normally would cut them. If I take the baked item out sooner, the top isn't done yet. Is there a way to get bigger pieces? Or avoid mush?

The only advice I have on avoiding mush is the type of apples you are using. The need to be firm apples and fresh or they will turn to mush. I use mine to make pie all the time and it turns out perfectly, I use granny smith and macintosh apples for my pies and the size of the pieces have never been a problem, in fact everyone always tells me they like the small slices in the pie better!

There are a few things you can try to avoid mushy apples in your baked goods:1. Use firmer apples: Some varieties of apples are naturally firmer than others, so try using a firmer variety such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp. These apples will hold their shape better during baking.2. Bake at a higher temperature: If you're finding that the top of your baked goods is not done when the apples are still mushy, try baking at a slightly higher temperature. This will help the top brown and crisp up faster, while the apples will still have time to cook through.3. Par-cook the apples: Before adding the apples to your baked goods, you can try par-cooking them in a saucepan with a bit of sugar and cinnamon. This will soften them slightly, but they will still hold their shape better during baking.4. Cut the apples into larger pieces: If you're finding that the apples are too small after using the apple corer, try cutting them into larger chunks before adding them to your baked goods. This will result in bigger pieces of apple that will hold their shape better during baking.5. Adjust the cooking time: Keep an eye on your baked goods while they are in the oven and adjust the cooking time as needed. If the top is getting too brown, you can cover it with foil to prevent it from burning, while the apples continue to cook.Overall, it may take some trial and error to find the right balance of apple size and baking time for your specific recipe, but these tips should help you avoid mushy apples in your baked goods.

What is the "Problem With Apple P/C/S"?

The "Problem With Apple P/C/S" refers to an issue that some customers have experienced while using our apple peeler/corer/slicer product.

What specifically is the problem with this product?

The problem reported by some customers is that the blades of the apple peeler/corer/slicer may become dull or break after extended use, resulting in difficulty peeling, coring, and slicing apples.

Has this issue been resolved?

Yes, we have addressed this issue and have made improvements to the blades of our apple peeler/corer/slicer to ensure durability and longevity.

What can I do if I have experienced this problem with my apple peeler/corer/slicer?

If you have experienced any issues with your apple peeler/corer/slicer, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and will work to resolve any issues you may have.

Are there any precautions I can take to prevent this problem?

To prevent any issues with the blades of your apple peeler/corer/slicer, we recommend regularly cleaning and drying the product after each use, and avoiding using excessive force when peeling, coring, and slicing apples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef131doreen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies