• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potato Demo Rocks: A Thank You to the Potato Show File Provider!

(holds a potato) $3.50The Deluxe Cheese Grater is a must-have for any kitchen! It’s perfect for grating hard cheeses like cheddar or Parmesan. You can also grate softer cheeses like brie or blue cheese. The teeth on this grater are spaced out evenly so you get the most even grating and it’s easy to clean. Lastly, I’m going to show you how to use the Lemon Zester/Scorer. This
bridgetbakes
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to whomever posted the Potato Show file here. I tried it today and it rocked! I did a make-ahead recipe (Apple Cinnamon French Toast in the rectangular baker which ALSO rocks) and used potatoes to demo all our tools.

The "potato demo" shows so much product and today's guests were really engaged...and it was fun too! It actually got me to demo the Ultimate Mandoline for the first time (I admit it...I'm afraid of that thing) and to great results. :D

Thanks again!

That's great, I started out doing the Amazing potato demo and it worked well! Now that I've been premaking recipes again I may just start that up again!

I have yet to try that demo. Looks like I'm gonna have to now!

I am glad that you brought this up. I found the potato demo awhile ago, then couldn't find it again. Now it is saved on my computer. Haven't tried it yet, but gonna. Thanks.

Okay, I've tried doing a search and can't find this file. I've been invited to do a class in a cooking unit with some local youth. This sounds like something I could suggest to the instructor. Can someone help me out with a link?

TIA!

I would love for this to be posted, too. I have some host that are repeat host and am looking for something different. I think this could be good for a Bridal Show too.

Here it is.. I just typed in potato in the files section and it pulled up a bunch of demo ideas but here is the 1 I used when I first began TPC 1.5 years ago:
The Amazing Potato Demo!
18” x 22” Cutting board $22.00
V-Shaped Cutter $8.50
Crinkle Cutter $9.75
Cheese Knife $8.00
The Corer $10.25
Food Chopper $28.50
Ultimate Slice N Grate $45.00
Hold N Slice $3.50
5” SS Knife $18.75
Lemon Zester/Scorer $8.50
Deluxe Cheese Grater $19.50
The Grate Container $4.25
Tool Turn About $14.75

Showcasing a total of $201.25 in tools for the cost of a potato!

Here’s a sample show:

“I’m going to just take a few minutes to show you some of our other quality kitchen tools using this potato. You’ll have to use your imaginations from time to time because this talented potato is going to represent a LOT of other foods. Now, first it’s just going to be a potato. I’m using our 18” x 22” cutting board to protect Jen’s table AND my knives and other tools. This cutting board won’t dull your knives or your food chopper’s blades and this well around the outside holds ½ cup of liquid! That really comes in handy when you are slicing meats or watermelon!
Now I’m going to cut off the end of this potato with the Crinkle Cutter and make a ‘waffle fry’. (Cut off a small slice with Crinkle Cutter) You could fry this up in a little oil or bake some on one of our stones. This Crinkle Cutter is a really useful tool for making decorative vegetable trays and it chops up a whole head of lettuce in a snap!
Next, I’m going to put this potato in this food holder that comes with our WONDERFUL Ultimate Slice N’ Grate. These blades are really sharp and will give you paper thin slices of potato so you can make your own potato chips! But imagine this potato is a zucchini! Won’t these thin
slices be perfect for casseroles to help you get rid of all those zucchini next summer? I love fried zucchini too! (Take the remainder of the potato off the food holder) This tool is called the Ultimate Slice and Grate because you can also grate foods or make thick slices too. (show other blades)
Now, I’ll just use the rest of this spud to make a little candle holder. I know you are thinking that I have really LOST it up here, but bear with me! Now, it’s Fall and this potato is a beautiful ripe red shiny apple! I’m going to take a small slice off of the bottom so it will sit flat - you might not have to do this with a real apple, but this is a potato. Then, I’m going to cut all the way around the apple with the V-shaped cutter to make a pretty edge. This is one of the tools that I got in my starter kit for my original $100 investment in myself. And I have to tell you that when I saw it, I thought to myself, “well, they must have had to get rid of a lot of these things so they started putting them in the Super Starter kits!” But actually the kit is made up of our top selling items and this
little gem is one of them! I used it at Halloween to make perfect triangular shaped eyes on my pumpkins and at Christmas it’s really handy for aiming your sprinkles and silver decos on to your baked goods. It makes a watermelon boat or you can make a salsa server out of a green pepper. Anyway, now that I’ve gone all the way around this ‘apple’, I’m going to remove the center with our Corer. That’s where you put the candle. You can get a box of 12 plain white candles for about $3.00 and 12 apples of
different colors for even less than that and you’ll have a stunning fall centerpiece that will really grab some attention!
Now, you’ll need to imagine that this potato is a hunk of cheese. A really tasty cheese like
cheddar or co-jack. I’m going to use our Cheese Knife to cut off perfect slices for tasting. You can also use the pick at the end of the Cheese knife to spear chunks of cheese or pickles in a jar. (Hold the potato with the Hold N Slice, cut a chunk of potato with the SSK and spear it with the Cheese Knife point) This tool is the Hold N Slice and you should use it the way I just did to hold slippery vegetables steady on your cutting board. It also tenderizes meat with the points! You could use it as a hair pick in a pinch, but be careful, those points are really sharp!
Now we don’t have a whole lot of potato left here, but imagine if you will that it has been
transformed into a lemon. I’m going to get just the zest of the lemon, not the bitter part with our Lemon Zester/Scorer. This is the perfect tool for all those times that you need lemon zest or a piece of lemon peel. Just run the Scorer part of this tool around the lemon to make a long piece of peel. Then you can tie it in a bow to decorate your lemon meringue pie or a glass of iced tea. That will really make you look like a gourmet cook!
I’m finally going to put this poor spud out of its misery by transforming it back into a potato! Now, I’m putting a small piece of it into our Deluxe Cheese Grater to make hash browns! This is a really delicious part of our Sunday breakfast and I usually grate some onion in here too. (Show how you could measure your ingredients while grating in the Grate Container.) If you don’t
like your potatoes this finely grated, you can always chop it up with our Food Chopper.
This is my favorite product! Who here has a food processor? (Show of hands) And where is it? (Usually the garage or the basement) I have one too. It lives under the stairs to my basement and I use it once or twice a year. By the time I drag it out, set it up, and when I’m done using it, clean it up, I’ve used more time than it saves me by using it! THIS FOOD CHOPPER lives right in the top of my Tool Turn About and I use it once or twice a DAY! (I take it apart and show them all the different parts and what they do. Then I chop up the leftover potato.) I call this tool my “Stress Buster” and believe me, my family can tell what kind of a day I’ve had by how small the peppers and onion are in our dinner! I work full-time during the day, so this is my FUN job. I get to meet the nicest people and
see how they have decorated their homes. I get some female companionship, because I am the only girl in my house, even our cat is a male. I need to get out and talk with other women! I’m making great money and in January I went to New Orleans for free because I earned a trip with The Pampered Chef.
Next year, I’m taking my husband to Montreal for a second honeymoon. We’ll never save enough money to travel, not with two kids! So, I’m going to earn a trip for us. The Pampered Chef pampers YOU in the kitchen and they pamper ME on vacation! For those of you who are interested in starting
your own business with the Pampered Chef, please check that box on the top of your order form and I’ll be happy to give you some more information to take home with you. That’s the end of my demo for today, if you want a closer look at any of my tools, feel free to come and look. I take cash, check…….”

This is a great demo and it’s very cheap to do. It would be perfect for down time, while your recipes are baking too! It doesn’t matter if you have already used some of the products and they have other food on them, because no one is going to eat any part of the potato anyway!

I found some too, but was wanting the one specifically that Bridgett done since it was such a great hit it seems.

Here is the one I used. I can't take credit for it. I found it here a few months back. Enjoy!

Attachments

• The Potato Show.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 606
Excellent! Thanks, Heather & Bridget!

Last edited:
bklofft said:
Here is the one I used. I can't take credit for it. I found it here a few months back. Enjoy!

Did the chips taste good? I need to try these at home! How long did it take to cook them?

This chips DO taste great if you: 1) let them bake long enouch (good and brown), 2) add plenty of seasoning (PC Italian of course and 3) remember to ADD SALT!

They took about 18 minutes in my oven but I know bake times are shorter for others.

Good luck! ;)

Thanks so much for the background! & all the typing... ;)

I am doing this tomorrow for my dentist office but I am updating some of the tools. The cutting board to the cutting board w/measuring cups, ss knife to the forged utility knife and I am adding the garlic press and the actual pizza stone so they can see them in action. I will also have the actual lemon so I can have audience interaction and I will have apples with candles already made up for centerpeice. Remember...people are visual and they love to see things we talk about and suggest. I will be serving Sweet Lemon Tea and Some sort of Pizza and dessert.

When you make the chips try using sweet potato!!! It is so GOOD!!!!

cool idea. Love being able to keep it quick and simple. thanks ;)

What is a "Potato Demo - Yay!"?

A "Potato Demo - Yay!" is a demonstration of various potato recipes and cooking techniques using Pampered Chef products. It is a fun and interactive way to learn new ways to prepare and cook potatoes.

How do I participate in a "Potato Demo - Yay!"?

To participate in a "Potato Demo - Yay!", you can either host a cooking party with a Pampered Chef consultant or attend a cooking class hosted by a consultant. You can also find recipes and tips for potato dishes on our website.

Are there any specific products I need to have for a "Potato Demo - Yay!"?

No, you do not need any specific products to participate in a "Potato Demo - Yay!" However, having some Pampered Chef products, such as our Potato Masher or Veggie Strip Maker, can make the cooking process easier and more efficient.

Can I customize the recipes in a "Potato Demo - Yay!"?

Yes, our consultants are happy to help you customize the recipes to fit your dietary restrictions or preferences. You can also find alternative ingredient options and substitutions on our website.

Do I need to have any prior cooking experience to attend a "Potato Demo - Yay!"?

No, our "Potato Demo - Yay!" is suitable for all levels of cooking experience. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and offer helpful tips and techniques for successful potato dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • dannyzmom