• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible Bad Check? Don't Miss My Crazy Show Tonight!

In summary, this person is worried about their bank filing charges because they received a bad check - the bank might not actually be able to clear the check. They are going to the bank tomorrow and depositing all the checks from the party. They are also going to try to contact the person who booked the show to try to sort out what happened.
pc_jessica
okay so if you read my post about the show i had tonight this is just icing on the cake!
so i am at home and am entering in orders and signing the checks for deposit...on the back of one of the checks it says and i quote "you might want to go to my bank to cash this, not sure if it will clear, im filing bankruptcy next week" :eek: omg what am i to do? i think i'm hightailing it to the bank in the morning!!!!! could this show get any worse?!?!

pc_jessica said:
okay so if you read my post about the show i had tonight this is just icing on the cake!
so i am at home and am entering in orders and signing the checks for deposit...on the back of one of the checks it says and i quote "you might want to go to my bank to cash this, not sure if it will clear, im filing bankruptcy next week" :eek: omg what am i to do? i think i'm hightailing it to the bank in the morning!!!!! could this show get any worse?!?!
Is that LEGAL?? if she/he wrote a bad check on purpose...her bank could file charges..and she just admitted it in writing!YES- I'd go straight to the same bank as on her check..so if it's a Bank of America check, be sure to go to one of their branches. They can check the account on the spot. And I'd CASH it!!! Then you can put the cash in your account. *That person wasn't the one who booked a show were they??* This show just keeps getting better and better! Let's hope you get all the 'bad juu-juu' out of the way at once!

Go to the bank ASAP. (preferably not in PJs! he he...) Wow, and to think the host was booked off of one of your first shows. Usually when I get a crazy party like that it is a booking from a booth.

ugh i know this lady just works with my aunt and they aren't really friends, but the invite was in the break room...so she came. and i will forsure be goign to the bank in the morning...and actually my town is pretty small and it seems that everyone banks at about 3 banks so i am going to go cash ALL the checks from this party tomorrow morning!
and no the one booking i got is not this particular lady...its the host from tonight's sister! should be a fun time lol

That's not good and sounds a little illegal! I had a gal last month who asked me to hold her check until the next week - fine, whatever. Low and behold even though I held her check like she asked me to it bounced. It took me another week (after calling her and her telling me she would get a money order out on Monday) just to get my money from her.

Writing a check with insufficient funds is totally illegal and the individual can be prosecuted.

OMG Jessica that is horrible!

Jessica - what a time you've had with this first party. I'm so sorry it was such a cruddy group! What happened when you went to the bank? Did she have sufficient funds? Wow. I pray I never have a party that will even come close to topping this!

Look on the bright side: at least she warned you!! Get to that bank and CASH it!!! This way you don't have to place the order until you get the money - and you don't have to worry about being "out" the money.

I wish I would have had warning for the bad checks I have gotten - but was not notified by my bank until weeks after the guest already has the product.

Jessica, you have to let us know what happens!

With a bankrupcy, it may be that there are sufficient funds in the account, but the bank can freeze the account so no checks will clear. It might not actually be illegal--but the person probably should have planned ahead and brought cash.
Since the person hasn't actually filed yet, the bank should honor it...

Jessica - I don't know if you submitted this show yet, but have it shipped to you, not the host and sort it out and deliver it. Worth it to make sure checks cleared!

Oh, and I'd copy the check before I took it in.Also, when you go in, ask to speak to a manager first and show her it and ask what to do, don't just turn it in with a teller...

okay so i just got back from the bank(s), yes i did cash all the checks that were written to me to just be on the safe side! and the one that i was worried about was okay! so i got my cash! yippee!!! no worries now!

pc_jessica said:
okay so i just got back from the bank(s), yes i did cash all the checks that were written to me to just be on the safe side! and the one that i was worried about was okay! so i got my cash! yippee!!! no worries now!

Did they say it was o.k.? Cashing checks isn't a common thing at your own bank. They deposit everything then give you "cash back". This is different that going somewhere and cashing a check. If it bounces, your bank can still charge back your account...

???

I too once had a check sacer that got me nervous...So I went to the bank that the check was from and then cashed it. You can take any check made out to you and go to the bank (not branch) where the account is and they will cash it. Then you are free form any worries about it boucing and will not get any charge backs. However the bank I went to charge me $5 because I was ot a customer of theirs! but it was piece of mind.
nancy

janetupnorth said:
Did they say it was o.k.? Cashing checks isn't a common thing at your own bank. They deposit everything then give you "cash back". This is different that going somewhere and cashing a check. If it bounces, your bank can still charge back your account...

???

Janet,

I think she went to each bank (if I remember correctly, there are only 3 in her town) and cashed them at the bank they were from...not her own. I think I remember reading something along those lines...

I could be completely wrong...it's been a crazy day in my house!

janetupnorth said:

???

none of the checks that i had were written off bank that i bank with...so i wasn't going to deposit them into my account incase they would not clear...so i drove to the banks that the checks were drawn off and cashed them there...and then took the cash back to my bank and deposited into my account. i was NOT going to get charged bad check fees. no way no how. i used to work at the bank that i bank at...and i know how much those fees are! plus going to the bank that the check was written off they could tell me right then and there if could be cashed...which i like!

nancycookspc said:
I too once had a check sacer that got me nervous...So I went to the bank that the check was from and then cashed it. You can take any check made out to you and go to the bank (not branch) where the account is and they will cash it. Then you are free form any worries about it boucing and will not get any charge backs. However the bank I went to charge me $5 because I was ot a customer of theirs! but it was piece of mind.
nancy

I wonder if that's a common practice. After having a check bounce at my last show, I was planning on going to their banks and cashing. However, only if it's free...

pc_jessica said:
none of the checks that i had were written off bank that i bank with...so i wasn't going to deposit them into my account incase they would not clear...so i drove to the banks that the checks were drawn off and cashed them there...and then took the cash back to my bank and deposited into my account. i was NOT going to get charged bad check fees. no way no how. i used to work at the bank that i bank at...and i know how much those fees are! plus going to the bank that the check was written off they could tell me right then and there if could be cashed...which i like!

Any fees for doing this?

Several banks in my area won't even cash a check unless you're a customer of theirs. Of the ones that do, there is usually a $3-5 fee per check.

pc_jessica said:

Good - extra work for you, but you got your money.

nope no fees, i just had to give my thumbprint! i have never heard of that! but whatever they didn't charge me anything just asked for id and what not. so i think i will be doing this from now on, just puts my mind at ease...you can always ask first and then if there is fee decide for yourself!

Allot of our local banks are offering free checking or savings accounts with NO minimum fees or deposit requirements. I was thinking of opening and account for each of our dds with my name on them too so that I "have" an account at each bank, lol. Screw the fees, I get enough with bad checks.

I've got a show I did on Friday, I'm praying all checks are good and not from local to me banks, wierd credit unions with no local offices.

Lisa

ChefJoyJ said:
I wonder if that's a common practice. After having a check bounce at my last show, I was planning on going to their banks and cashing. However, only if it's free...

I work for a bank and recently most of the larger banks (not sure about community ones) are starting to charge for checks cashed if you do not have an account with them. It no longer matters if the check is written off an account at that bank or not...it depends on whether or not the person cashing the check has an account. Just another fee to get more money...

Yes, I've never heard of this either. I live in such a busy, NYC area, I doubt I could hit all the correct branches.

kayleighsmom529 said:
I work for a bank and recently most of the larger banks (not sure about community ones) are starting to charge for checks cashed if you do not have an account with them. It no longer matters if the check is written off an account at that bank or not...it depends on whether or not the person cashing the check has an account. Just another fee to get more money...

Banks are changing in general...and not always for the CUSTOMER's benefit...other than maybe hte simple fact that they save money and can stay afloat! :D
Our main bank has gotten rid of the bank tellers altogether! yes...now you walk up to what looks like an ATM booth (several in each branch). You SCAN your ID on a tablet in front of you. You insert your checks into a slot- like a vending machine. You sign an electronic pad, you talk to the teller on the phone/video screen- who happens to be sitting in the HQ branch in the next town/capital city. :grumpy: Irks me something fierce! I don't LIKE using that method to do my banking. But it's the most convenient bank for us/payroll, and it's a Credit Union (not having all the issues mainstream banks have been). So I deal with it, under protest. :D

Customer Service is a thing of the past anymore....

1. What does the phrase "Possible Bad Check" mean?

The phrase "Possible Bad Check" refers to a check that may be rejected or denied by a bank due to insufficient funds, closed account, or other issues.

2. Why is it important to not miss the "Crazy Show Tonight"?

The "Crazy Show Tonight" is a special event where Pampered Chef showcases new products, offers exclusive deals, and provides valuable cooking tips and demonstrations. It's a fun and informative show that you won't want to miss!

3. How can I watch the "Crazy Show Tonight"?

You can watch the "Crazy Show Tonight" by tuning in to our live stream on our website or by joining our virtual event on Facebook. You can also contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on how to participate.

4. Can I still make a purchase if I have a possible bad check?

Yes, you can still make a purchase with a possible bad check. However, please note that your order may be held until the check clears or you may be asked to provide an alternate form of payment.

5. What should I do if I am unable to attend the "Crazy Show Tonight"?

If you are unable to attend the "Crazy Show Tonight", you can still take advantage of the deals and promotions by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. They can help you place an order and provide you with any information you may have missed during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • luvmypomeranian