• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Fudge & Candy: Tips & Tricks

In summary, to prevent your fudge from turning out too hard, make sure to cook it to the correct temperature and avoid over-stirring. Adding a small amount of corn syrup or marshmallow fluff can also help keep the fudge soft and chewy. The best way to store homemade candy is in an airtight container at room temperature. Avoid storing it in the refrigerator to prevent stickiness or a grainy texture. The time for fudge to set can vary, but on average it takes about 2-4 hours. Using a candy thermometer is recommended for making fudge, but the cold water method can also be used. To prevent your fudge from sticking to the pan, line it with parchment paper or aluminum
AJPratt
Silver Member
Can it be used for candy/fudge? I have gotten a lot of these questions. I guess its the time of year!

AJPratt said:
Can it be used for candy/fudge? I have gotten a lot of these questions. I guess its the time of year!

No, it's a meat thermometer. I get that question a lot too.

The old probe-style digital thermometer worked for candy, but neither the pocket thermometer nor the current digital one can. If your customer really wants one, the King Arthur Flour catalog has a digital one that's a twin to our old probe-style one.

1. How do I prevent my fudge from turning out too hard?

To prevent your fudge from turning out too hard, make sure to cook it to the correct temperature and avoid over-stirring. Also, adding a small amount of corn syrup or marshmallow fluff can help keep the fudge soft and chewy.

2. What is the best way to store homemade candy?

The best way to store homemade candy is in an airtight container at room temperature. Avoid storing it in the refrigerator, as this can cause the candy to become sticky or develop a grainy texture.

3. How long does it take for fudge to set?

The time for fudge to set can vary depending on the recipe, but on average it takes about 2-4 hours. To speed up the setting process, you can place the fudge in the refrigerator or freezer.

4. Can I use a candy thermometer to make fudge?

Yes, a candy thermometer is recommended for making fudge as it ensures that the fudge reaches the correct temperature for it to set properly. If you don't have a candy thermometer, you can also use the cold water method to test the fudge for the soft ball stage.

5. How do I prevent my fudge from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your fudge from sticking to the pan, make sure to line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil before pouring in the fudge mixture. You can also lightly grease the pan with butter or cooking spray. Once the fudge has set, use the parchment paper or foil to lift it out of the pan for easy cutting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • muffetts
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies