1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Personal Please Pray for my Puppy (Dog)

1. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

My dog has vomited 4 times today. I have made an appointment for 3:30 this afternoon with the vet. He is a 9 1/2 year old Golden Retriever. I'm of course very worried about him.

I've already had a bad week and just found my self bawling this morning about it!

If you could say a quick prayer for him/me I would really appreciate it:)!

Thank you,

2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Prayers said.

Sep 18, 2009
  3. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

Sending prayers your way.

Sep 18, 2009
  4. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Sending prayers and GOOD THOUGHTS your way!!!

Sep 18, 2009
  5. pampchefrhondab

Thank you so much for your prayers!

I'm sorry to say we did not get good news at the vet. His heart murmur has gotten worse, which we have put him on medicine for now. The worst is his kidneys are failing and he probably has cancer somewhere internally. He probably doesn't have long, but we are trying some medication and special food to help him. He did like the new food and is keeping it down so I am so thankful for that.

We now have to start thinking about final plans - will we bury him, have him cremated (sp?), etc.

I am so depressed - to say the least. I lost my 18 year old cat 4 years ago, which feels like yesterday still. I just don't want to go through this again:(!! I'm going to miss him so much!

6. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Every time I face this situation with my pets, I often wonder why we choose to surround ourselves with creatures that have such temporary life spans.

Yet, with all the comfort, joy and just plain fun they provide, I cannot imagine not having a four-legged friend in my life. (Or as in Ann's case, winged friends.)

My first two Scottish Terriers were both once-in-a-lifetime pets, and when it came time, I had them both cremated. (They died about one year apart, Dugan from old age and Breacan from a broken heart because he missed his buddy as much I did.)

Their ashes are right here with me, and each time I glance at their little containers, a warm memory of an episode from their time with me comes to me. They'll go wherever I go.

7. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I feel your pain. I too had to put my cat of 18 years down 2 years ago and my other cat of 12 years last year. My mom who was very attached to them said she would never get another animal and now she has 2 puppies. Like KG said why do we this knowing that they have a shorter life span. We have a special place in our hearts for animals that's why it hurts so much to make these decision for our furry friends. By the way my cats were cremated and I like to talk to them every now and then.

Sep 19, 2009
  8. Rosechef

Rosechef Member

I so know what you are going through right now. We got the news of kidney failure in my 10 year old yorkie on Monday and I've been a wreck since. The vet didn't seem very optimistic. I'm sorry to hear that he's so sick. It's heartwrenching to think that you need to put them down so young. ((((hugs))))

Sep 20, 2009
  9. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

Prayers to you and your family, I understand your sadness and feelings.

Sep 20, 2009
  10. pampchefrhondab

Thank you so much for understanding. Rose, I'm so sorry you are going through this too!

11. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

My prayers to your family. This is very hard to go thru his strength will keep you strong.

Sep 20, 2009
Have something to add?