• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning Teacher Breakfast: Try Something New?

"oh, I just put them on before I took the picture!" Either cook the ham and onions before the show, OR have the host or a volunteer check on them while they are cooking.
cewcooks
I have a teacher breakfast on Monday I was thinking of making the biscuit fritatta from this years season's best but I was wondering if any of you all out there had something different.

I like ham and cheese brunch squares from last season's season's best. It's great with sausage too! This is now my go-to brunch recipe.

Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cups (8 ounces) grated Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
1 package (22.5 ounces) frozen toaster hash brown patties, thawed (10 patties)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
12 eggs
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
8 ounces thickly sliced deli ham
4-5 green onions with tops, divided (1 cup sliced)
3 plum tomatoes
Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with oil. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Crumble hash browns over Large Bar Pan; press gently into an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over hash browns. Bake 13-15 minutes or until crust starts to brown and cheese is melted.
2. Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese using Stainless Whisk in Batter Bowl until smooth. Gradually add eggs and black pepper; whisk until smooth. Coarsely chop ham using Utility Knife. Slice green onions, reserving 1/4 cup of the tops for garnish. Place ham and remaining green onions in Sauté pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir ham mixture into egg mixture.
3. Remove Large Bar Pan from oven. Pour egg mixture over crust. Return pan to oven; bake 6-8 minutes or until center is set. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes in half lengthwise using Utility Knife scrape out seeds using Zester/ Scorer and dice. Remove pan from oven; top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and reserved green onions. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired. Cut into squares and serve.

Yield: 12 servings

Yeah, sorry! I couldn't find the recipe quickly. But, that's the one!

janezapchef said:
I like ham and cheese brunch squares from last season's season's best. It's great with sausage too! This is now my go-to brunch recipe.

Ditto! Love it :)

I did it for a show today (the squares) and was posting it on my website and saw that you wanted it :)

I really like the quiche lorainne tartlets from this past spring's Season's Best.

Thanks a bunch for the recipes!

Have you tried the biscuit frittata? I made it for our cluster meeting and it had to travel about and hour and it was still awesome! The breakfast squares recipe posted above is one of our family favorites too so you can't go wrong with either one!

chefmoseley said:
I did it for a show today (the squares) and was posting it on my website and saw that you wanted it :)

I'm doing this for a show on Saturday, any tips for show plan for these. The set up is going to make it a bit awkward... I'm going to be demo-ing in the living room, didn't read through the recipe before I suggested these, didn't know that I had to cook the ham and onions on the stove top... Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've never made these, so I probably shouldn't have offered it for a show, but they sound good.... so, help!

ChefPaulaB said:
I'm doing this for a show on Saturday, any tips for show plan for these. The set up is going to make it a bit awkward... I'm going to be demo-ing in the living room, didn't read through the recipe before I suggested these, didn't know that I had to cook the ham and onions on the stove top... Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've never made these, so I probably shouldn't have offered it for a show, but they sound good.... so, help!

Paula - you can still do it!

Either cook the ham and onions before the show, OR have the host or a volunteer check on them while they are cooking. It only takes a few minutes to saute them.

Oh - and I had a new consultant do these for her kick-off show - she wanted to do them because she makes them for her family all the time, so thought she would be comfortable with them. She didn't cook the ham or onions at all. Just sprinkled them on the squares before baking. I asked her about it after the show - and she said she'd never cooked them when she'd made them before!

Okay, thanks, I had thought about cooking before hand but then would miss out on the chopping step for the guests... but I guess most people have seen the chopper before and could probably chop something else... Thanks!

Have the host, or a guest who arrives early, do the chopping - and then they can tell everyone at the show how great the chopper is!:thumbup:;)

Related to Planning Teacher Breakfast: Try Something New?

What are some easy and delicious breakfast ideas for teachers?

Some easy and delicious breakfast ideas for teachers include breakfast casseroles, overnight oats, breakfast burritos, and breakfast sandwiches. These can all be prepared ahead of time and are easy to transport.

How can I make sure there are enough options for teachers with dietary restrictions?

One way to ensure there are enough options for teachers with dietary restrictions is to include a variety of options such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian dishes. You can also ask teachers about their dietary needs beforehand and plan accordingly.

What are some unique breakfast dishes I can serve?

Some unique breakfast dishes to serve at a teacher breakfast include quiche, breakfast tacos, avocado toast, and breakfast bowls with a variety of toppings. These dishes are not only tasty but also provide a fun and different breakfast experience.

How can I make the breakfast setup easy and organized?

To make the breakfast setup easy and organized, consider using serving trays and platters to display the food. Label each dish with its name and any allergen information. You can also have a designated area for beverages and utensils to make it easy for teachers to grab what they need.

What are some tips for making the breakfast event fun and interactive?

To make the breakfast event fun and interactive, consider having a breakfast-themed trivia game or a "build your own" breakfast station where teachers can create their own breakfast dishes. You can also have a raffle with fun prizes to add an element of excitement to the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefSharain
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies