• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning My Son's 6th Bday: Ideas & Suggestions Needed

In summary, the conversation is about planning a birthday party for a 6th birthday and the options of going sledding or having a party at the house with games. The person is asking for suggestions and ideas for games to play. Some suggestions include a balloon race, balloon pop race, jump rope race, egg race, and a birthday boy quiz.
Jennie4PC
My sons 6th birthday is Jan 11 and I am currently debating about having a birthday party and I need to decide now. What I was thinking was possibly going sledding and meeting at a park that has some awsome hills. I would tell the parents that they needed to be thier so I wouldnt be held responsible or another thing I was thinking was obviosly doing something at my house with about 8-10 kids but I dont have any clue as to what kind of games to play. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be greatly apprecited.
TIA
Jennie

Games
Jennie4PC said:
My sons 6th birthday is Jan 11 and I am currently debating about having a birthday party and I need to decide now. What I was thinking was possibly going sledding and meeting at a park that has some awsome hills. I would tell the parents that they needed to be thier so I wouldnt be held responsible or another thing I was thinking was obviosly doing something at my house with about 8-10 kids but I dont have any clue as to what kind of games to play. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be greatly apprecited.
TIA
Jennie

There are so many wonderful and fun games to play at a birthday party. Here are some we have played in the past:

Balloon race - race with a balloon in between your knees to the gate or whatever end point and then back to tag the next partner on your team

Balloon pop race - Each player gets one balloon, two or three teams depending on number of kids and how many prizes you have. Say "Go!" and one person from each team takes off to try to pop their balloon by stepping on it, sitting on it, or just squeezing it. When it pops they run back to tag the next person in line.

Jump rope race - try to jump rope while running to the end point and coming back to give it to the next person in line

Egg race - race while trying to juggle an egg on a large bamboo spoon, if it breaks replace it and keep going.

Birthday boy quiz - give each kid a sheet of paper and ask them to number it one through ten - then ask them questions about the birthday boy, winner has the most correct answers.
What is his favorite cartoon?
What is his middle name?
What are some things he wanted for his birthday?

Things like that. Hope it helps. I have hundreds!! LOL

Debbie :D

Hi Jennie,First of all, happy early birthday to your son! It sounds like you are trying to plan a fun and memorable celebration for him.Sledding at a park with some awesome hills sounds like a great idea for a winter birthday party. Not only is it a fun and active activity, but it also takes advantage of the winter weather. Just make sure to check the weather and have a backup plan in case it's too cold or snowy that day.If you decide to have the party at your house, there are plenty of fun and easy games you can play with 8-10 kids. Some ideas could be a scavenger hunt, a piñata, or even a craft station where the kids can make their own winter-themed decorations. You can also look up age-appropriate party games online for more ideas.Another option could be to have a mix of both activities. You can start the party at the park for some sledding and then head back to your house for some games and snacks.Whatever you decide, make sure to communicate with the parents about the plans and any necessary precautions, such as having them present at the park or providing a list of necessary supplies for the party at your house.I hope your son has a wonderful birthday, and I'm sure he will have a blast no matter what you decide. Happy planning!

Related to Planning My Son's 6th Bday: Ideas & Suggestions Needed

What are some fun themes for my son's 6th birthday party?

Some popular themes for a 6th birthday party include superheroes, pirates, dinosaurs, sports, and outer space. You can also ask your son for his input and choose a theme based on his interests.

What are some age-appropriate activities for a 6th birthday party?

Some fun activities for a 6th birthday party could include a scavenger hunt, a piñata, a DIY craft station, a bounce house, or a themed game such as a superhero obstacle course. You can also incorporate age-appropriate party games such as musical chairs or hot potato.

How can I make my son's birthday cake special?

You can make your son's birthday cake special by choosing a design or theme that he loves. You could also involve him in the cake decorating process, such as adding sprinkles or decorating with his favorite candies. Another idea is to have a custom cake topper made with his name and age.

What are some good food options for a 6th birthday party?

Finger foods and kid-friendly snacks are always a hit at a 6th birthday party. Some ideas include mini pizzas, chicken nuggets, fruit and veggie trays, and chips and dip. You can also consider hiring a food truck or having a make-your-own taco or pizza station for a fun and interactive meal option.

What are some unique party favor ideas for a 6th birthday party?

Some unique party favors for a 6th birthday party could include personalized water bottles, mini sports equipment, DIY craft kits, or themed goodie bags filled with small toys and candy. You can also consider giving out a book or a plant as a party favor to encourage reading or a green thumb in your young guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • magentablue
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies