• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pie Crust Shield: Can It Prevent a Bundt Cake from Rising?

In summary, a pie crust shield is a tool used to prevent the edges of a pie crust from burning while the filling cooks. It can be made of metal or silicone and is placed on top of the crust before baking. It is not necessary for all pies, but is useful for delicate crusts. A DIY version can be made with aluminum foil, and a silicone shield can be reused as long as it is in good condition. Alternatives to using a pie crust shield include using strips of aluminum foil or a silicone shield that can be adjusted to fit different pie sizes.
clshirk
Would it keep a pound cake from rising in a bundt cake pan? I was thinking not. I actually don't like my pie crust shield. I assume its just to keep the crusts from over heating.
A customer asked me this. Seems its too light weight to hold a cake down. I think she wanted it to keep it from over-rising.

Nope, it wouldn't work for that. It would just stick to the rising cake.

It is to keep the crust from getting overdone (too brown). I have one that is not a PC product and I love it. Put it on for the first 20 minutes or so of baking and then remove it and continue baking.

1. What is a pie crust shield and how do I use it?

A pie crust shield is a tool that helps prevent the edges of your pie crust from burning while the filling cooks. It is typically made of metal or silicone and fits around the edges of a pie dish. To use it, simply place it on top of your pie crust before baking. Remove it during the last 10-15 minutes of baking to allow the crust to brown.

2. Can I make my own pie crust shield?

Yes, you can make a DIY pie crust shield using aluminum foil. Simply cut a large square of foil and fold it in half twice to create a smaller square. Then, cut a circle out of the center of the foil to fit the size of your pie crust. Unfold the foil and gently mold it to the edges of your pie crust.

3. Do I need to use a pie crust shield for every pie?

No, not every pie needs a crust shield. It is typically used for pies with delicate crusts, such as fruit pies, that can easily burn. Custard or cream pies, for example, do not need a crust shield as the filling protects the crust from burning.

4. Can I reuse a pie crust shield?

Yes, you can reuse a pie crust shield as long as it is still in good condition. If it becomes bent or damaged, it may not fit properly and should be replaced. Before reusing, be sure to clean the shield with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a pie crust shield?

Yes, if you do not have a pie crust shield, you can use strips of aluminum foil to cover the edges of your pie crust. Simply tear long strips of foil and gently fold them around the edges of the crust. This will provide a barrier to prevent burning. You can also use a pie crust shield made of silicone, which can be adjusted to fit different sizes of pie crusts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Loreen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC