• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personalized Tattoo Ideas: Incorporating Family and Feminine Touches

In summary, the individual is considering getting a tattoo and is seeking suggestions on how to incorporate their family members and grandmother's favorite flower, an orchid, into the design. They specifically mention wanting to stay feminine and possibly getting an ankle bracelet type tattoo. They also ask for pictures and ideas, but make it clear that they are open to suggestions. They also acknowledge that some people may not like tattoos, but they are looking for input from those who do. Other individuals in the conversation share their own tattoos and suggest incorporating names or zodiac signs into the design. One person mentions that their husband is an artist and may be able to come up with some ideas.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I'm thinking of branching out to my wild side & getting a tattoo. My DH already has one; it's an armband of barb wire & my initials.

Anyone have suggestions? I'd like to incorporate my kids (Emily, Sara & Samuel), my DH (Robert) and my grandma that passed away last year. G-ma has a fav flower that's an orchid, so I'd like to use that. Otherwise, I'd like to stay feminine. I'm thinking ankle bracelet type.

So, would anyone want to share pictures & ideas? I don't have my heart set on anything other than the orchid.

Thanks! :D

PS - I know some people don't like tattoos and that's ok. I do, so that's why I'm looking for input. If you're offended, please don't post. :D

Last edited:
crystalscookingnow said:
I'm thinking of branching out to my wild side & getting a tattoo. My DH already has one; it's an armband of barb wire & my initials.

Anyone have suggestions? I'd like to incorporate my kids (Emily, Sara & Samuel), my DH (Robert) and my grandma that passed away last year. G-ma has a fav flower that's an orchid, so I'd like to use that. Otherwise, I'd like to stay feminine. I'm thinking ankle bracelet type.

So, would anyone want to share pictures & ideas? I don't have my heart set on anything other than the orchid.

PS - I know some people don't like tattoos and that's ok. I do, so that's why I'm looking for input. If you're offended, please don't post. :D

I have four tattoos: a French flag, a fleur-de-lys, a sun, and a lil tribal stick-figure guy.

I'm contemplating getting a "sleeve" - so my entire arm will be covered. What fun! I'd be the cool teacher for sure. ;)

Nope! Too much of a chicken! I don't do pain well at all, and a needle going in my skin over and over, is enough to send me over the top!!! :eek: :eek: :cry: LOL!!! :D ;)

Crystal,

I don't have one but one of my friends has a cool ankle tattoo. It started out as a single rose with her husband's name, and then as she's had babies she's added roses with their names; she also added her mom and dad when they passed. It keeps growing!

ETA: I tried to make a picture using symbols but it didn't work. Essentially, she's added off-shoot stems to the original rose stem... Very pretty and feminine looking.

I just re-read your post and my "nope!" was to the question, do I have one?
But I think they are cool. My DH is an artist... I'll ask him if he has any ideas, he's designed ones for his sister..... he's REALLY good at it and he at one time thought about this as a career!
One idea I was thinking of was an orchid, with vines that say your kids names and hubby's name, with maybe a ribbon that goes through the flower with your Grandma's name, I don't know but I'm sure my hubby could come up with something, he's out of town now, but he'll be back tomorrow and I'll print your first post and show him and see if he can let his creative juices flow!:D

The orchid sounds like a good choice. ;) I like the more feminine ones for women. My friend has her daughter's zodiac so that's an idea.

I currently have 3...a red, white & blue butterfly on my lower back, Thumper on my hip & a purple rose vine around my left ankle. And when I get back to FL next month, I'm having my boys names in oriental (shoulder blades), a celtic wedding circle (base of neck) & a Polish & Irish flag with a shamrock with 1941, where my grandparents were from & the year they married (on my right ankle)done. The butterfly & the ones I'm getting done are the most special to me.

PM me with your email & I'll send pics of the ones I have.:)

crystalscookingnow said:
I'm thinking of branching out to my wild side & getting a tattoo. My DH already has one; it's an armband of barb wire & my initials. Anyone have suggestions? I'd like to incorporate my kids (Emily, Sara & Samuel), my DH (Robert) and my grandma that passed away last year. G-ma has a fav flower that's an orchid, so I'd like to use that. Otherwise, I'd like to stay feminine. I'm thinking ankle bracelet type.

I do have one on my back, got it a few years ago and this is one of those controversial issues amongst everyone, christians and non christians alike, but I love mine and am so glad I got it, it is a personal reminder for me of what I was set free from, and I'm able to share what Christ has done for me with others who ask about it (My tat is greek abbreviated for Jesus Christ, conqueror with some awesome granite-textured lettering and bright green vines) conquered my sin, my fear, my depression, my anxiety and I love talking to people about it when they ask.

A friend of mine named her daughter Jadyn, and it's origin is hebrew and she got the flower of her birthmonth (Sweat Pea) tatooed with her name in hebrew over top of it. She got it right above her ankle and it turned out so good! If I can find some pictures I'll send them over.

I do suggest that you pick out what you want, put it on the fridge for a month before actually going to get it to make sure you don't change your mind... that would be tragic :p !

I have the superman emblem on my arm and my DW has one one her back, it's an adult hand holding a old style key with a ribbon dangling from it with our DD's name on it...I am still thinking ob what to do for my second one.

Wow! Thanks everyone for your input. :) My e-mail is [email protected] and I'd love to see any pictures or suggestions.

Thanks again!

tatoo.jpg

This is the one I got for my bachellorette party 7 or so years ago. This was about 1/2 way through before they colored it in. I have been thinking about going back to get the star of David with a cross in the middle on my shoulder but then I can't give blood for a year. lol

I have 2 tatoos and my belly button is pierced.
I have a daisy ( my favorite flower) on my ankle and a small wreath of blue flowers on my lower back ( tramp stamp as my DH always teases me) :)

crystalscookingnow said:

Be careful... tattoos are VERY addictive. LOL...

With that said, I have four (with many many more in my head including projects that will cover the top of my arms and much of my legs - I still stay conscious to the fact that the corporate world doesn't always like tats and one day I may be back in the professional light so I make sure they're able to be hidden with short sleeve shirts)...

I have an armband of morning glory type flowers and vining on my upper left arm. It was my first and was copied from a book. It's about 10 years old now if memory serves and has held up well - sunblock is essential if nowhere else but on your tats! I don't have any close up pictures... and I have future plans to incorporate further design and pretty much cover my upper arm/shoulder. LOL

I also have a vine on the top of my right foot that goes from the base of my big toe, fines down along the outside top of my foot and wraps up around the side ankle bone and stops... to be continued but not with ivy... I'm thinking more summery/springy vines and naturalness.... my tattoo guy (now the only person allowed to ink me LOL) did it all by free hand after I showed him what type of vine I wanted... the rest was all in his hand on my foot. Total trust: one might say I was crazy but it turned out to be gold. I have a pic on my myspace page but it's not very detailed or closeup.

My third tattoo is what some say was my bravest. LOL... It's a rather large piece on my stomach that stretches from my waistline to about my 2nd rib up from the bottom or so.... it was my most painful (which is saying something since the top of the foot is pretty darned painful) and longest at 5 1/2 continuous hours in the chair. Add in a hot and humid day with no AC on in the shop (was broken) and it was a labor of love, to say the least. LOL... it's based on Amy Brown's piece called The Pest, only we got rid of the banner with that name and added in rocks... this can and may be continued when I finally forget how painful the stomach is to ink. I'm thinking a nice tree coming up behind the dragon, would be rather nice.

http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/galleries/albums/357911800/misc/my%20tattoo.jpg

My last tattoo is a rendition of a piece my friend Sabrina created that got created into a Peter Stone silver pendant. My guy did a great job of portraying all the intricate details and really doing honor to my friend's design. I think he felt pressure, out of respect for her, and did a bangup job. It's only about 3" in length but incredibly detailed.

http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/galleries/albums/357911800/misc/key.jpg

I have 2 now and am getting a third one this weekend. I have a rose with an arrow through it on my right hip and cherries with devil horns and tail on the back of my neck. This weekend I'm getting a half sleeve on my left arm with a happy buddha surrounded by lotus blossoms. My DH has one on the inside of each arm (the left looks like a steel plate that says "If Found Return to Patti" and has the date we started dating in high school and our wedding date (we broke up and got back together 13 years later). The one on his right arm is the infinity symbol with our zodiac signs inside each side of it and above it says "Til Death Do Us Part". He is getting one this weekend as well, a Japanese scroll on his back with the names of our 4 kids on it.

BTW, the best tattoos are the ones that have meaning to you. Those are the ones that you won't regret later on. When I first started getting mine, I had folks warn me about changing my mind or regretting it. Nope... not a one of 'em. They each have powerful meaning to me and each time was a labor of joy, love and yes pain but one of the best quotes I heard was "pain is fear leaving the body"... but I'm weird, I also found the pain of natural childbirth to also be incredibly transformative and deeply rooted in my spiritual and emotional self (not just the physical). Most folks I've met or seen that have tats they got covered up later were ones that were cute or quirky at the time. Names, things they got "just to get one" like roses, hearts and cartoon characters are soon outgrown and some folks end up regretting those... or getting them removed or covered over. My DH thought for years over what he'd get. He wanted something with the kids names in it, something that represented his spirituality, something that did it all... but it woulda been such a mess of a tattoo that he figured it out. Start simple and now that he's 'got the bug' he's looking at expanding and knows that all of his ideas can one day be on his body just, not in one big tattoo. LOL... I do say that fleshy, nonticklish parts hurt less than thin skinned and/or ticklish parts. It's amazing how the body translates tickling to pain so quickly. That's what made my dragon so difficult, that and the heat. But it actually hurt less over the boney areas but those fleshy, ticklish parts? *shudder* Also be aware that sometimes funky things can happen too. While doing the top of my foot my artist hit a nerve not once, but twice, making my toes dance uncontrollably. LOL... yeah, it was funny but painful and made me remember precisely what leaf it was that caused the 'dance'. Each is a journey... you are the canvas in a dance of artist and medium... I find it an addictive dance, if only I had more money. LOL...

got one! It's 16 years old now, and in DIRE need to be re-inked. I may add to it if and when I get in to have it done.

oh gross! i just realized how old I am getting!! UGHHHH!

I have a fairly large tattoo that stretches across my lower back. It is a 1/2 moon, sun, & some stars in the middle w/ purple trible extending from either side. I had it done when I was 18....went with some friends as their support & decided on the spot that I was going to get one too (which is SO not like me), and twice as big as theirs! LOL I have never regretted it, though. I would love to get another one, maybe on my ankle, but I'm hesitant to because of how they may be perceived in my workplace. At least with mine now, I can keep it covered at all times. Sorry I don't have a picture to post. It's really pretty, though! :D

My DH always thought a respectable tattoo on a female is sexy...so 10 years ago for his birthday I surprised him with a tattoo I got. It is an Irish Shamrock (we are Irish) on my right shoulder blade on my back. He was thrilled I got one (he does not have one). My family was beyond surprised. Our 4 grown children were amazed that their mother got a tattoo before they did!!!!!! My mother was horrified. I say, go for it. I love mine even though I can't see it.

pkd09 said:
My DH always thought a respectable tattoo on a female is sexy...so 10 years ago for his birthday I surprised him with a tattoo I got. It is an Irish Shamrock (we are Irish) on my right shoulder blade on my back. He was thrilled I got one (he does not have one). My family was beyond surprised. Our 4 grown children were amazed that their mother got a tattoo before they did!!!!!! My mother was horrified. I say, go for it. I love mine even though I can't see it.

Family is funny sometimes. My mom was okay with it (I'm not the first of her kids to get inked - my older sister blazed that trail years ago and all of her three adult daughters have at least one a piece), my dad though was a bit irked with the first one. LOL... now, he's fine with them, well, he at least just grunts now when I show him instead of saying what he said the first time which I can't type here. LOL...

When my mom mentioned to family that one of her children has a tattoo, they assumed it was me. And were completely shocked when informed that it's my twin sister who has it. She's got an Ironman triathlon symbol on her upper thigh (where it meets her hip) - you can see it when she's in a bathing suit or she pulls up the hem of her shorts. Her DH has the same thing, but a little bigger, on the back of one of his calves. Sis had an issue when she went in. Despite taking in a printout of the logo, the artist did it wrong, and sis had to go back the next day to have it corrected. Luckily, it was correctible (the artist left something blank that should have been inked).

I have 2 and I am ready for number 3. My first one is tribal with a dalphine and sun set in the center. And my second one is my APSOLUTE favorite it is my kids foot prints I took they from thier birth cert. A had thier names underneath
100_2670.jpg
[/IMG]
Sorry its so big I don't know how to make it smaller

K_Jurich said:
And my second one is my APSOLUTE favorite it is my kids foot prints I took they from thier birth cert. A had thier names underneath

What a great idea, I love this!

I have three tattoos and my tongue pierced.
My first tattoo is winnie the pooh on my left ankle and above it says "Oh Bother". My second one is a seahorse on my lower back. That one was a bit painful due to its tail goes pretty low.
My third one is my DS's feetprints-this is my favorite. It is on my back.
Getting ready to go back and get my name in Chinese on the back of my neck. I am sure there will be more-they are very addicting.
DSC03064-1.jpg

I have always wanted to get one on the top of my big toe. I think that will hurt!!

I cannot tolerate pain. My DH says I would never be able to tolerate it. I take his advice...he's probably right! He definitely knows me!

If I did get one --- I would get a butterfly. My name Vanessa means butterfly.

DH has 3, a wolf howling over a sunset, a tribal symbol (from a band's Cd cover), and something else. Can't remember! HA!

Don't have one; too much of a chicken!
Just had to say....the baby footprints are really cool! I've never seen that done before!

I have a fairy on my ankle; I am designing a 2nd one: it's the chinese symbol for "FAITH" (my "motto") with a yellow butterfly on top (represents a little yellow butterfly that landed on many of my family members at the gravesite funeral service for my mom); I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate my kids, but I haven't found a way yet....so I may just have to get a third one. I LOVE, LOVE LOVE Kara's idea with her kids' footprints!!!

No tatoos for me, but I'm too old now anyway:)! Good thing I didn't get any when I was young because they would really be stretched out now!!! They would look nothing like they were supposed to be:)!!

Back when I was about 123 pounds, and not the healthy 175 pounds that I am now I wanted to get the word LUSCIOUS tatooted on my upper hip/side area...I'm glad I didn't because my leg has grown and who knows what it would look like now! :)

I'm Irish, so I think I'd want something Irish related, or I'd like a trail of lady bugs traveling along my lower back. However I am against pain of any sort- especially without medication so I won't be getting tatooed any time soon. Unless Sharpie comes out with a truly permanent marker!

pampchefrhondab said:
No tatoos for me, but I'm too old now anyway:)! Good thing I didn't get any when I was young because they would really be stretched out now!!! They would look nothing like they were supposed to be:)!!

Ya...that butterfly on my lower back is a lot lower than it was when I first got it. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

One of my friends in college wanted to get aerolas tattooed on the upper slopes of her breasts so that as she aged and her breasts sagged, they'd be in the right position.

chefann said:
One of my friends in college wanted to get aerolas tattooed on the upper slopes of her breasts so that as she aged and her breasts sagged, they'd be in the right position.

That's funny!

I have a high tolerance for pain and there were 2 guys in the tatoo shop when I got my 1st one and they couldn't even get theres finished. The guy said woman tend to handle it better than men. I figured if I could give birth, go through chemo and several extensive surgeries, I could handle the pain of a tatoo. I would like to get one more, but DH isn't thrilled with me having them. Teenage DS wants one and I said not until you are 18.

K_Jurich said:
I have 2 and I am ready for number 3. My first one is tribal with a dalphine and sun set in the center. And my second one is my APSOLUTE favorite it is my kids foot prints I took they from thier birth cert. A had thier names underneath
100_2670.jpg
[/IMG]
Sorry its so big I don't know how to make it smaller

Did that hurt? love it, just wondering b/c it is on the top of the foot and across the bones.

I have two. I have just a design on my spine between my shoulder blades (small). And I have a butterfly on the top of my foot. I need to get my foot tat fixed, but it has been over 8 years since I got it and I am chicken to go back. The one on my spine didn't hurt. The one on my foot...I cried like a baby. Those little bones in your feet...man, they don't like needles.
Send us pics!!

I hope this works.......if so, this is mine.

Attachments

• mytattoo.jpg
    mytattoo.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 365
pampchefrhondab said:

You'd be surprised. My MIL has three tattoos and they still look great! The key is to get non-geometric things... that's why I like things like vines... a little aging and sagging won't change much... LOL.

No tats here... not afraid of needles, just never had the desire. A few years ago, my whole family went to Montana to visit relatives. Mom, sister, BIL and one brother all got tatoos. Other brother wasn't 18 and mom wouldn't sign for him to get one... her only rules about them is that you have to be 18 and pay for it yourself. We all went to MT again a few years later - mom, sister, BIL and both brothers got tatoos... I went crazy (for me) and got a TOE RING! Wohoo... can you tell I'm the conservative one in the family???

I've got the "tramp stamp" too - on my lower back. Although, I've had mine for about 12 years, so it was before the huge craze where everyone and their mother had them. It's kind of a scrolly, viney design. My best friend had the same design done on her upper arm. We are still friends, she and her family are coming to visit next week, I can't wait!!

I also got my navel pierced about 14 years ago, also before everyone had them. It was actually a Christmas present form my BF and her DH. They got my husband a tatoo as well.

I still love my tatoo and don't regret it at all, but maybe would get it bigger if I had it to do over. I think I would still like my piercing, if I had a nice enough stomach to show it off. I don't dislike it now, but I haven't had a ring in it since being about 4 months preg w/DD.

Oh ya, I also have my eyes inked. I got permanent eyeliner (top and bottom lids) about 15 months ago. I LOVE it. It hurt like hell, but so worth it. Most days I just dot on a little concealer, swipe some powder and I'm done.

My Dh and I would both like to get another 1 or more tatoos. I love the footprints. I really want something with my kids names, or something.

No ink here. Never found a design I could live with.

However, I have had henna tattoos off n' on for years.

I bet Chicago has some good tatoo shops.

On our first date my DH casually mentioned how ridiculous he thought tatoos were... I just giggled and he knew right away that I must have a tattoo somewhere... he had the "open mouth, insert foot" expression, and he tried his best to "eat his words" in fear that I wouldn't go out with him again! And two years later... whattya know, I'm married to the guy! :D We still laugh about it

fikibiff said:
I bet Chicago has some good tatoo shops.

:( That would be great if I was going to Chicago! :D

bsaxman said:
On our first date my DH casually mentioned how ridiculous he thought tatoos were... I just giggled and he knew right away that I must have a tattoo somewhere... he had the "open mouth, insert foot" expression, and he tried his best to "eat his words" in fear that I wouldn't go out with him again! And two years later... whattya know, I'm married to the guy! :D We still laugh about it

I remember DH mentioning that he didn't really care for tattoos but didn't mind them. I told him I had them and he was fine with that so long as they weren't 'too much'... since his mom had them. Well, his mind has been changed over the years. He has his own now and wants more and is totally fine if I'd go with a whole lot more. LOL...

Mine just told me last night that he would find it incredibly sexy. Hmmm... ;) That to go along with the earring that I just put in the top of my ear & he wouldn't be able to resist me. Oh, wait, he already can't!! Gotta love DH.

DH has said it was fine with him if I got a tattoo - he would like me to get one where only he would be able to see it.:D

It's the pain that stops me....I'm afraid I would get half way through and not be able to finish!:eek:

I'm not so worried about the pain. It's the sight of needles that I'm trying to overcome. I'm prone to passing out, so that could be a bad thing... lol

ChefBeckyD said:
DH has said it was fine with him if I got a tattoo - he would like me to get one where only he would be able to see it.:D

It's the pain that stops me....I'm afraid I would get half way through and not be able to finish!:eek:

The pain on mine wasn't nearly as bad as anyone described it. It hurt a little at first, but I dont know if my back just... got numb or what from the vibrations of the needle, but it wasn't too bad. It took 2.5 hours to complete and I didn't even need to stop for a break- we decided towards the end of the tat that the ivy needed to be brighter green, and... ouch that was the part that really hurt but thankfully that was at the end. The green turned out really good though, it was worth the ouchie pricking at the end. I will never forget those bright grean leaves!

I am totally pierced and tatooed, but no one can tell. The only piercing that people notice is my nose, I also have my tongue and navel pierced and of course my ears (a lot). I have 3 tatoos. My first was on my ankle (15 yrs ago), its about 6" tall, goes from my ankle bone up my leg. I am such an eighties child, its a big heart with a dagger thru it and a banner across it that says "TOO SEXY". My second is on my back, 10" from shoulder to shoulder and from my neck down about where my bra strap goes (didn't measure that part). It is roses and american indial tribal. My great grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee and she loved roses. My third is on the front part of my hip, can't see that one unless I'm naked or wearing a very revealing bathing suit. It is a chili pepper. I like them and it was my birthday present from my DH 2 years ago. He is also inked, but not pierced. Every time he tells me I'm too old to get pierced, I do it so I'm really waiting for him to tell me that I can't have another tat. ;) I am so addicted.

Okay, here are my current 3...from first to last

Ankletat.jpg

Hiptat.jpg

Butterflytat-1.jpg

<H2>1. What are some suggestions for incorporating family and feminine touches into a tattoo?</H2><p>Some suggestions could be using initials or names of family members, incorporating meaningful symbols or quotes, or incorporating the birth dates of loved ones. For a feminine touch, consider incorporating delicate flowers, script font, or soft colors.</p><H2>2. How can I incorporate my children and husband into my tattoo design?</H2><p>You could include their names or initials, birth dates, or a symbol that represents your family, such as a tree or a heart. Another idea could be to have each family member's individual handprints or fingerprints incorporated into the design.</p><H2>3. What are some ways to honor a loved one who has passed away in a tattoo?</H2><p>Incorporating their name, initials, or birth/death dates is a common way to honor a loved one in a tattoo. You could also incorporate a meaningful quote or symbol that reminds you of them, such as their favorite flower, animal, or hobby.</p><H2>4. How can I keep my tattoo design feminine?</H2><p>Consider incorporating delicate and soft elements such as flowers, butterflies, or birds. Script fonts and pastel colors can also add a feminine touch to a tattoo design. Placement on the body can also contribute to the overall femininity of the tattoo.</p><H2>5. Can anyone share pictures or ideas for a family and feminine tattoo?</H2><p>It's always a good idea to do some research and gather inspiration before getting a tattoo. You can search for tattoo ideas on websites like Pinterest or Instagram, or consult with a tattoo artist for design suggestions. Ultimately, the design should be personal and meaningful to you.</p>

Related to Personalized Tattoo Ideas: Incorporating Family and Feminine Touches

1. What are some suggestions for incorporating family and feminine touches into a tattoo?

Some suggestions could be using initials or names of family members, incorporating meaningful symbols or quotes, or incorporating the birth dates of loved ones. For a feminine touch, consider incorporating delicate flowers, script font, or soft colors.

2. How can I incorporate my children and husband into my tattoo design?

You could include their names or initials, birth dates, or a symbol that represents your family, such as a tree or a heart. Another idea could be to have each family member's individual handprints or fingerprints incorporated into the design.

3. What are some ways to honor a loved one who has passed away in a tattoo?

Incorporating their name, initials, or birth/death dates is a common way to honor a loved one in a tattoo. You could also incorporate a meaningful quote or symbol that reminds you of them, such as their favorite flower, animal, or hobby.

4. How can I keep my tattoo design feminine?

Consider incorporating delicate and soft elements such as flowers, butterflies, or birds. Script fonts and pastel colors can also add a feminine touch to a tattoo design. Placement on the body can also contribute to the overall femininity of the tattoo.

5. Can anyone share pictures or ideas for a family and feminine tattoo?

It's always a good idea to do some research and gather inspiration before getting a tattoo. You can search for tattoo ideas on websites like Pinterest or Instagram, or consult with a tattoo artist for design suggestions. Ultimately, the design should be personal and meaningful to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
Replies
Views
Chef Michelle D
  • GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies