• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Website??? Is It Worth It?

In summary, having your own website is definitely worth it. You can make a lot of money, get a lot of leads, and make your business easier to promote.
PamperedChef99
I Have beent hinking of getting a website. Is it worth it?
Please tell me what good things have happened to you with having your own website. Any orders out of the blue from people on the internet? thanks girls!

Amy

Well worth it!Hi Amy! I signed up for my website pretty much as soon as I got my PC number. I really hoped that I would have great feedback from my hosts because it really does make their inviting guests A LOT easier. I've been doing PC for 8 months, well now 9 b/c of December and I feel that it is definitely worth it. In fact, I sent an e-mail out for Black Friday weekend and told people that if they ordered from my website, everyone would receive a free SB cookbook. I also told them that if they purchased $50 in product they would get the Free Vanilla and also told them if they purchased over $100, they would receive a Free Surprise Gift valued at $10. In my 2 days of sending out that e-mail, I received $220 in orders that I didn't have to do anything with. They all had their orders directly shipped to their home so I made money the same day that I was out spending it! :D
I also do a lot of fairs to get my name out there and I hand out my business cards on magnets b/c I really think that people don't throw magnets away. I have gotten 2 random orders on my website that I don't think I would have gotten if people couldn't log on and see the entire catalog or specials.
If you would like more information, please ask! This site is wonderful for all of us! :)

Thanks Kristi, I have been mulling around about getting a website. I think I will go ahead and do it. Sounds like it would be worth the money. I am planning on doing some fairs, but not sure how I want to set up for them. I did hang some grocery store fliers out and have seen where people have taken some tabs but no calls yet. A website on that would probally work great. I'm just starting my second month (december of all months :( ) and am racking my brain on how to get my name out there.

Hi Stacy! I know how you feel about getting your name out there. In fact, I know we all do! It's hard to try and let everyone know what you're doing but if you're doing fairs, I would say that is your biggest avenue. I also tried doing the grocery store flyers but no one had those boards anymore. I even tried Wal-Mart but they took them down too! :rolleyes: :eek: I did buy a window cling and put it on my driver window (no personalization) and I parked at Wal-Mart yesterday and a man parked right next to me. Well, I'm walking into Wal-Mart and the man says behind me "Excuse me, do you sell PC?" I of course say excitedly "YES". He said he was looking everywhere for someone who sold PC b/c he really wants a ice cream scoop and grill brush. I gave him a business card magnet and catalog and he said that he'd be hearing from me. I was so excited b/c that's been on my car for 6 months and that was the first lead I got from it. You never know unless you constantly have shirts on, catalog tote, pc sticker......I also just bought the catalog tote from our supply order (I've only had it a week) and I've had 2 people ask me for the catalog. Well worth it! :)

I got this tip on this website about handing out catalogs. The bummer about doing that is you never get that person's contact info and you may never hear from them. Everytime someone sees you're a consultant and asks you for a catalog right then and there, be sure to carry around those door prize drawing slips. When you give someone a catalog, have them fill out a slip for you and tell them that for every 20 catalogs you hand out, you then draw a name and raffle off a prize. Just do something small if you get enough "entries." I've only done this once and the person checked maybe to have a show (she's currently just doing a catalog show right now) AND she checked maybe about becoming a consultant! I never would have known that she would have been a lead if I didn't do the door prize drawing slip! So, that was pretty cool. I carry around the bag I got at conference last summer (the ones from this summer didn't have a "window" on them to display catalogs, which was kind of a bummer) and it goes everywhere with me. It's my purse, diaper bag, you name it, but part of the plastic "window" has a little hole in it. I may need to invest in the one you can buy off of paperwork/supply.

Anyway I just thought I'd throw that little tip out there! :)

Good Idea Becky! Thanks! :)

PampMomof3 said:
Hi Amy! I signed up for my website pretty much as soon as I got my PC number. I really hoped that I would have great feedback from my hosts because it really does make their inviting guests A LOT easier. I've been doing PC for 8 months, well now 9 b/c of December and I feel that it is definitely worth it. In fact, I sent an e-mail out for Black Friday weekend and told people that if they ordered from my website, everyone would receive a free SB cookbook. I also told them that if they purchased $50 in product they would get the Free Vanilla and also told them if they purchased over $100, they would receive a Free Surprise Gift valued at $10. In my 2 days of sending out that e-mail, I received $220 in orders that I didn't have to do anything with. They all had their orders directly shipped to their home so I made money the same day that I was out spending it! :D
I also do a lot of fairs to get my name out there and I hand out my business cards on magnets b/c I really think that people don't throw magnets away. I have gotten 2 random orders on my website that I don't think I would have gotten if people couldn't log on and see the entire catalog or specials.
If you would like more information, please ask! This site is wonderful for all of us! :)

Where are you getting the magnets? Do you hand them out or wait for people to take them?

Susan,

I get my magnets at Wal-mart. I usually spend $16.00 for 100 magnets.

I agree that they work. I had an outside order come in and the lady said she was holding my magnet in her hand while confirming my address. Her friend told her to give it back ;) I ended up giving her one as well. One more person I would have never met if it weren't for the magnet.

tpchefrebecca said:
Susan,

I get my magnets at Wal-mart. I usually spend $16.00 for 100 magnets.

I agree that they work. I had an outside order come in and the lady said she was holding my magnet in her hand while confirming my address. Her friend told her to give it back ;) I ended up giving her one as well. One more person I would have never met if it weren't for the magnet.

Does Walmart make business cards now? I am not sure I understand.

Do you know how someone purchases a gift certificate on a personal website (I posted a separate post on this ~ help).

I got some from Town and Country. They're just magnets with one sticky side. You peel off the paper and put your business card on it.

I'm sure they're much cheaper at WalMart.

One tip for anyone who ordered the magnet calendars from Town and Country (like the kind a lot of realtors send). I had a customer whose mom is a realtor call and tell me that you can get two things out of each item. There's a perforated part to the magnet part you stick your business card on. Punch out the smaller magnet from this part, then stick your business card on the part that remains with the calendar. Then you have the smaller magnet that you can use just for a business card stuck on it. This probably makes NO sense to anyone other than those who may have purchased the refrigerator calendars from Town and Country!! Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Susan,

You just get the magnet part at Wal-mart. They are in the office supply section by the pens. I make my own buisness cards at home on my computer then peel the paper off the magnet then stick the card to the magnet.

I buy my business cards from Town and Country and purchased the magnets from Magna Card. His name is Bud and is number is 1-800-634-5523. You have to buy the magnets in a pack of 800. You can ask your cluster if they want to split it up. The cost is $80 and S/H is $15. It makes each pack less than $12.

I signed up for a website about a month after I started PC. I have had it for a month and haven't seen any orders. But, My directors keep hinting that you need to get a website if you don't have one. Apparently there will be something BIG in January for those who have websites.

It's worth it!I signed up for my website about a month ago and hadn't seen much action until tonight. Someone places an individual order for $119 on it, and I don't even know who the person is! I e-mailed a thank-you and told her I'd love to know who referred her so that I can thank that person also. You just never know! :D

town and countryDoes anyone know the web address for town and country? I am starting my business again and need some supplies

town and countryOH NO If town and country will not be a vendor for us anymore wander who will be. Before when i sold i ordered from the alot. This is very upsetting :(

There will be a new vendor announced at Leadership conference and it seems like they'll be offering the same things and even more. There's hints about something electronic, maybe?

I think so. The last few shows I have had, I made a special point to the hosts to let them know that friends and family who can't attend the show can still submit outside orders through my site. My last host told several people about it and her mother in NC and boyfriend's mother in FL both placed orders through the site. Also the previous host couldn't attend the show, so she also placed a $150 order through the site! It works really well if you talk it up at shows, with hosts, on your business cards, and put it on your catalogs. Mine says:
Leesa Freeman
Your Pampered Chef Kitchen Consultant
860-280-6061
website address

Exciting News! Now you can order directly from my website!

It has more than paid for itself with the outside orders I have gotten!

1. What is a personal website and why do I need one?

A personal website is a webpage that is dedicated to showcasing your personal brand, skills, and accomplishments. It can include information about your background, portfolio, and contact information. Having a personal website can help you stand out to potential employers and clients, and it also serves as a central hub for all of your online presence.

2. How do I create a personal website?

Creating a personal website is easier than ever with the availability of website builders and templates online. You can also hire a web developer to create a custom website for you. Whichever method you choose, make sure your website is easy to navigate, visually appealing, and reflects your personal brand.

3. Is it worth the investment to have a personal website?

Having a personal website can be a valuable tool for networking and showcasing your skills and accomplishments. It can also help you establish yourself as a professional in your field. While there may be some initial investment in creating a website, the long-term benefits can outweigh the cost.

4. Can I use my personal website for selling products or services?

Absolutely! Your personal website can serve as an online storefront for your products or services. With the right tools and integration, you can easily set up an e-commerce platform on your website. This can be a great way to expand your business and reach a wider audience.

5. How do I drive traffic to my personal website?

There are several ways to drive traffic to your personal website. You can promote your website on social media, include it in your email signature, and network with other professionals in your industry. Additionally, regularly updating your website with new content and optimizing it for search engines can also help increase visibility and drive traffic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tams
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • salthechef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • athaller