• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfectly Crispy Bacon in the Oven: Cooking Temperature & Time Tips

In summary, the ideal temperature for cooking bacon in the oven is 400°F, and it takes about 15-20 minutes for thin-sliced bacon and 20-25 minutes for thick-sliced bacon. It is important to preheat the oven before cooking bacon, and there is no need to flip the bacon while cooking. Parchment paper or foil can also be used to prevent sticking and make cleanup easier.
TinasKitchen
I told this tip at a show and was asked what temp and how long. I said 325, hope I said the right thing. And I said it depends on how crisp you like your bacon.

Anyone know for sure?

I've been told, 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

on bar pan sheet that I hand out to people that buy the bar pan have it says 350 for 20minutes.

I really like my bacon crisp, so I cook it on 400 degrees. Last week I cooked something new and cooked it too crisp for the recipe. I cooked the Tangy Bacon Wraps from Stoneware Sensations. It was so good, but would have worked better if I had cooked the bacon a little less because you wrap whole water chestnuts with the bacon. I love cooking bacon on the bar pan and wouldn't do it any other way now. Try this recipe - it's great and I got lots of compliments at the event where I served it.

Jeanie Gay

One of the CD that is from the test kitchens -recommends 400 degrees and putting in on layer of parchment paper to soak up extra grease

One of the CD that is from the test kitchens -recommends 400 degrees and putting in on layer of parchment paper to soak up extra grease

My mouth is watering for Bacon now!! Thank you so much for telling me the info. And Jeanie I'll have to look that recipe up!

I always do 400 degrees for 15-20 mins. I use parchment and it helps alot!

Related to Perfectly Crispy Bacon in the Oven: Cooking Temperature & Time Tips

1. What temperature should I set my oven to for perfectly crispy bacon?

The ideal temperature for cooking bacon in the oven is 400°F. This allows the bacon to cook evenly and crisp up without burning.

2. How long does it take to cook bacon in the oven?

The cooking time for bacon in the oven can vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of crispiness. On average, it takes about 15-20 minutes for thin-sliced bacon and 20-25 minutes for thick-sliced bacon.

3. Do I need to preheat the oven before cooking bacon?

Yes, it is important to preheat the oven before cooking bacon. This helps to ensure that the bacon cooks evenly and becomes crispy.

4. Do I need to flip the bacon while cooking it in the oven?

No, you do not need to flip the bacon while cooking it in the oven. The heat in the oven circulates evenly, so the bacon will cook on both sides without the need for flipping.

5. Can I use parchment paper or foil when cooking bacon in the oven?

Yes, you can use parchment paper or foil when cooking bacon in the oven. This can help prevent the bacon from sticking to the pan and make cleanup easier. Just be sure to use a baking sheet with sides to catch any excess grease.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
Staci
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies