• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peanut Butter Not Melting for Choc P Butter Torte

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for a torte that calls for melting peanut butter chips. Kelly had trouble getting the chips to melt and Jodi is stressing out because she doesn't have the ingredients to try the recipe. Terry clarifies that it is not the peanut butter cups that need to be melted, but the chips, and offers tips on how to melt them properly. Other members assure Jodi that they have not had any issues with melting the chips and suggest using name brand chips for best results. They also mention that the chips may not look melted even if they have started to melt, so it's important to stir them frequently in the microwave.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I just requested help for this recipe and now noticed that Kelly said she could not get her oil and p butter chips to melt. UGH, stressing out here! Did anyone else have this problem? Any tips? I wish I had the ingredients here to try this right now! Please, please help!

Last edited:
Jodi,
you dont melt the peanut butter cups.. it's the chips you melt. they melt easy with a little oil in the microwave. just have to be carful to to burn the peanut butter. the smell ( :yuck: )

The pb cups go on the top of the warm torte and they will melt just a little as the torte cools. To make cutting the pb cups easier I put them in the fridge for a bit then I cut them up. I use the walmart brand pb cups that come in a package and usually use all of them.

A duh moment Terry, I've edited my original post. Thank you! So you've had no problems with this?

I've never had a problem with it! This was one of my most requested recipes the season I offered it!

I make it quite often and the chips melting has NEVER been a problem! RELAX! You're ready for this!!

I got to thinking about this a little more. Not sure how she melted them but if you melt regular chocolate chips in the microwave and don't stir it frequently they actually give you the appearance of not melting but it's actually because they are over heated and just stick together. That may have been the problem.

Store brand or old chips won't melt well. Splurge on the name brand (Reese's) chips for this recipe. Also, they won't LOOK melted, even if they've started to. Give them a stir after every 30 seconds or so in the microwave.

1. Why is my peanut butter not melting for the chocolate peanut butter torte?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that the peanut butter you are using is too thick or too cold. Try microwaving it for a few seconds or letting it sit at room temperature before using it.

2. Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy for the torte?

Yes, you can use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter for the torte. However, if you use crunchy peanut butter, the texture of the torte will be slightly different.

3. How can I prevent my peanut butter from seizing when melting it for the torte?

To prevent your peanut butter from seizing, make sure to use a double boiler or a microwave safe bowl and heat it in short intervals, stirring frequently. This will help the peanut butter melt evenly without burning or seizing.

4. Can I substitute almond butter for peanut butter in the torte?

Yes, you can substitute almond butter for peanut butter in the torte. However, the flavor and texture will be slightly different. You may also need to adjust the amount of sugar used in the recipe.

5. How long will the chocolate peanut butter torte keep in the refrigerator?

The torte will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kodeysmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
  • GourmetGirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • laylaleigh