• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peanut butter not melting for Choc P Butter Torte

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
I just requested help for this recipe and now noticed that Kelly said she could not get her oil and p butter chips to melt. UGH, stressing out here! Did anyone else have this problem? Any tips? I wish I had the ingredients here to try this right now! Please, please help!

Last edited:

colegrovet

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2008
Jodi,
you dont melt the peanut butter cups.. it's the chips you melt. they melt easy with a little oil in the microwave. just have to be carful to to burn the peanut butter. the smell ( :yuck: )

patty42240

May 17, 2009
The pb cups go on the top of the warm torte and they will melt just a little as the torte cools. To make cutting the pb cups easier I put them in the fridge for a bit then I cut them up. I use the walmart brand pb cups that come in a package and usually use all of them.

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
A duh moment Terry, I've edited my original post. Thank you! So you've had no problems with this?

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I've never had a problem with it! This was one of my most requested recipes the season I offered it!

straitfan

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2006
I make it quite often and the chips melting has NEVER been a problem! RELAX! You're ready for this!!

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I got to thinking about this a little more. Not sure how she melted them but if you melt regular chocolate chips in the microwave and don't stir it frequently they actually give you the appearance of not melting but it's actually because they are over heated and just stick together. That may have been the problem.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Store brand or old chips won't melt well. Splurge on the name brand (Reese's) chips for this recipe. Also, they won't LOOK melted, even if they've started to. Give them a stir after every 30 seconds or so in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views