• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peaches and Cream Braid: A Delicious and Easy Recipe

or less) and spread that over the top before baking. I think that would be so good.I tried it without the eggs and it was really sweet. I think you would need to use less apricot jam.
klsnyder
Has anyone made the peaches and cream braid? Anyone have a photo of it? How is this recipe?

bump to top

This does sound good. What cookbook is it from?

Linda

I am not sure..I got it off of the files on this website.

I made it today and I was dissapointed....it has the poteintal to be great, but it's just not sweet enough for me.....(however, I used peaches that were "no sugar added" rather than "in heavy syrup"...you drain the juice, so I didn't think it mattered)

Ami, the kind of peach "juice" does matter. If canned in syrup the process makes the peaches sweeter( I do a lot of home canning-- especially peaches). I would use the ones sweetened with spenda if the sugar is an issue. Did it come out runny or have any other issues? I would be happy to help you trouble shoot if you will put a copy of the recipe up on this thread I can try it... Not to mention I adore peaches!

Can you post a link to this recipe?

I don't know how to post a "file". If you go to the files section and type in peaches, it is the only recipe there.

HTH

Got it, thanks.

Stephanie, did you find it in the massive recipe file in this room?

My computer won't open any files from here. I can't finure it out, but that must just be a geeky techy thingy that I can figure out if I just turn on my logic side of the brain for a while. How is Germany by the way?

Here you go!! I do know how to cut and paste ;) !!

Peaches & Cream Braid
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 can (15¼ ounces) sliced peaches in heavy syrup, drained
½ teaspoon Pantry Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend (or cinnamon)
1 teaspoon water
2 tablespoons almonds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll 1 package of the crescent dough. Do not separate. Arrange longest side of dough across width of Rectangle Stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Baker’s Roller, roll dough to seal seams. On longest side of baking stone, cut dough into strips 1½ inches wide and 3 inches deep using Paring Knife. There will be 6 inches of uncut dough down center for filling.
In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Separate egg using Egg Separator. Add egg white to cream cheese mixture, whisking until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly down center of dough using Small Spreader.
Coarsely chop peaches with Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine peaches and spice blend; toss gently using Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Spoon peaches evenly over cream cheese mixture.
To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid. Combine reserved egg yolk with water. Brush egg mixture over dough using Pastry Brush. Chop almonds using Food Chopper. Sprinkle over dough.
Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Serve warm using Slice ‘N Serve.

Germany's just ok right now, lol. My little baby is sick and the weather here is weird...only 10 more months before I'm living in the USA again!!!! WHOOOOOO!

Ruthie, thanks!! I am pumped!!We'll get on that down here in the test kitchen. Ami I am sorry baby is sick. I always wish I could just take it on myself and not have my kids ever be sick. America will love to have you back I am sure!

Okay so I tried it. It wasn't very sweet even with the regular peaches. I tried to change the peaches a little. I left some sliced, and some chopped on the other side. They both baked fine. Then I omitted the egg. I liked that the cream cheese wasn't as runny, since it tends to get that way with the added sugar. It wasn't soggy. I think for added sweetness it would be awesome to sprinkle some of the sweet carmel sprinkles or cinnamon ones. I think sweetened dried blueberries would add something good too. Just thoughts. I personally would love to try this with hazelnuts instead of the almonds... choices, choices. Now, if you didn't use the eggs and you put the nuts inside, you could melt a little apricot jam (like 1/3 a cup) in the microwave via prep cup. Then spread this shine and sweet all over the top with the ever popular pastry brush. It would be pretty. That would solve the sweetness thing too. All that being said, my family still munched and loved it. My husband isn't a sweet tooth guy, and he loved it too. Hope that helps. Sleep tight in Germany! Take care of that little one... ahhh.

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Peaches and Cream Braid?

To make a Peaches and Cream Braid, you will need 2-3 fresh peaches, 1 package of crescent roll dough, 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of melted butter, and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar for topping.

2. How do I prepare the peaches for the braid?

To prepare the peaches for the braid, you will need to peel and chop them into small pieces. You can also use canned peaches if fresh ones are not available. Make sure to drain them well before using.

3. Can I use a different type of dough for the braid?

Yes, you can use puff pastry or croissant dough instead of crescent roll dough for the braid. However, the baking time may vary, so keep an eye on it to prevent over or under-baking.

4. Can I make the braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the braid ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you're ready to bake it. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

5. How do I know when the braid is ready to be served?

The braid is ready when it turns golden brown and the filling is bubbly. You can also insert a toothpick in the center to check if the dough is fully cooked. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving with a dusting of powdered sugar on top.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • smspamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Replies