• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pastry Roller

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
QUICK! I need 10 good reasons someone proficient with a rolling pin would want/need our Pastry Roller.

Ten reasons.

Quick!

Starting NOW!

smart2cook

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2010
1. It is light in weight.
2. It offer's two sizes (easier to get just the right size you want).
3. Easy to handle due to it's size.
4. Comes with it's own snap on tool to poke your dough.
5. Can spray with PAM to make it non-stick.
This is all I have!

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
You only need 1 hand to use it

Don't need a force to pierce you dough because the tool for that is right in your hand when the rolling pin is in it

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Actually, it's non-stick w/o Pam. Just stick it in the freezer for 5 minutes before using it, and it's non-stick. :)

It's great for rolling out doughs and crumb crusts right in the pan, and up the sides of the pan. Also can be used in bar pans to roll out crumb crusts, pizza crusts, etc...right in the pan.

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Excellent. Keep going (oh, and as far as crimping and docking goes .. every kitchen has at least one fork which does the job as well or perhaps better).

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
I have to agree with the ladies. It's good for rolling things out in a pan. You can't do that with a rolling pin because it's too big. I wouldn't dream of using it for actual pastry dough as I'd be rolling all day.

I don't think there are 10. I think that reason is good enough.

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Well if YOU think its good enough, mr. leftymac, then its good enough for me.

christinaspc

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Oct 6, 2007
I love it for all the reason's everyone else posted and I love it takes up less space in my draw then a bill rolling pin and I sell alot of them in a gift set the roller and mat I sell tons of those durning the holiday's this is actually one of my top 20 items I sell. There is my two bits :)

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Before becoming a consultant, I really hesitated buying one because my wish list was so full of other "more urgent" type of products-since I already had a rolling pin. But after having it, I'm so glad I finally broke down and got one. I use it WAY more than my rolling pin. It's easier to store, lighter weight, so much handier. I love that I can use it with one hand. I can use it in the bar pan or pie plate. I use it for crushing things, too. Sometimes bringing out a huge rolling pin makes you feel silly. But ours is small and nice.

The other thing I love it for is keeping a toddler happy. All of my kids at the toddler stage would find my mom's when we'd be visiting her. They loved to pretend they were painting the walls with it. :)

vanscootin

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 9, 2010
I just got one last month. I have always hated my rolling pin but figured there wasn't anything better.... I was wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my baker's roller and I have been talking it up at all my shows.... I even got my 66 year old mother who would never dream of using anything other than her rolling pin to buy one... and she loves it too! Just another product to add to the long list of PC's most amazing tools!

Dotty

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2010
1) lightweight
2) ergonomic (easier than a rolling pin)
3) fits ANY size pan
4) can go UP the sides of a dish
5) you can use it one handed
6) dishwasher safe
7) Your husband is safe from being hit with a rolling pin!
8) has a french style roller and flat roller in one tool
9) Snap on poke and flute tool
10) Stylish and fashionable, you don't want to be the only one on your block that doesn't have one!

millthayer

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2006
Great for kids to roll out Play Doh and yes last yr my sister fell and dislocated her right shoulder and had to use it to roll out her Christmas cookies ...with ONE HAND!!!