• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ouch! I Broke My Toe Last Night | Recovering for Upcoming Shows

In summary, Carolyn's toe was cut by a falling beer bottle and it hurts a lot. She has a show tomorrow night and two more over the weekend, but is afraid to perform because of the pain.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Last night after my son's birthday party we had some friends and family come over to open presents, have a shaving cream fight, and BBQ for dinner. As we were cleaning up toward the end of the evening, I was bringign a bag full of recyclables out to the garage. Our recycle bin was up on a shelf so I held the bag up to dump the bottles into the bin. One beer bottle fell down and landed smack on my toe (I was barefoot). I saw stars. I hobbled back inside so my DH could patch me up. The bottle didn't break but the impact of it cut my toe and now my toe is all bruisy and swollen. It hurts SO bad I was up half the night tossing & turning from the throbbing.

The nasty shiny stuff is neosporin to protect the open wound :(
Oh, and did I mention I have a show tomorrow night and two more over the weekend?

edited to add: see Ann's post below for the picture. I deleted my original one as it was the size of Texas and really quite offensive - LOL

Last edited:
OMG - had I known the picture was going to appear SO huge that you could see the gunk between my toes I never would have posted it! Bahahaha. Is there NOTHING we don't share around here????
Can someone tell me how to downsize this photo before someone loses their lunch???

Carolyn, That looks like it hurts. sorry to hear about your toe

If that is what it looks like today and it happened yesterday, despite the intense pain, it should heal well. Color-wise it actually looks really good!

Ouch! Hope it heals up soon. Unfortunately, all a doctor would do is tape it up. Make sure you wear sturdy, closed shoes to protect it.

And here's a resize for you. :)

Attachments

• DannysBday2007-2.jpg
    DannysBday2007-2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 473
Thanks Ann! It's much less offensive this size - LOL

PS...did I mention the beer bottle I dropped on my toe was my ex-husband's?!?!? Boy did I lay into him - LOL "It's YOUR fault this happened, that was YOUR bottle!" LOL

Well then of course it's his fault!

Hope your toe heals quickly!

dannyzmom said:
Thanks Ann! It's much less offensive this size - LOL

Nope, still offensive. YUCK!! :yuck: :yuck:

jk...not really, but I hope it stops hurting soon!!:)

ljeffries said:
Nope, still offensive. YUCK!! :yuck: :yuck:

jk...not really, but I hope it stops hurting soon!!:)

LOL Thanks Lamar!

dannyzmom said:
.................Is there NOTHING we don't share around here????..............
Not anymore! LMAO

It looks like it hurts too! Hope your toe feels better soon.

Hey Carolyn, I know how you feel. I think I broke my baby toe back in mid-July. Four days after returning from Conference '07, my suitcase, was still sitting at the front door, and I walked right into it. Yup! I saw stars too, and stopped breathing for a minute or too. I think it took about 3 weeks for the pain to go completely away.

I hope it all works out for your shows.

Carolyn~

Sorry about your toe! Hope it feels better quickly so you can do your shows without any problems! You can take ibuprophin every 6 hours to help with the pain! Try to elevate your foot, too!

dannyzmom said:
PS...did I mention the beer bottle I dropped on my toe was my ex-husband's?!?!? Boy did I lay into him - LOL "It's YOUR fault this happened, that was YOUR bottle!" LOL
You can now say, "You see? I TOED you so!"

I wanna know how you knew it was his bottle?

I think I broke my big toe in july 2 a few years ago. I dropped a can on my toe. The 'sharp' edge of the lid fell right on the knuckle of my toe and took several weeks before it finally "heeled".

Hope yours "heels" sooner than that.

And hey, I think your toes look great !! .. All my polish is coming off and I wouldn't even consider posting them.

Teresa Lynn said:
I wanna know how you knew it was his bottle?

Because on our way home from teh birthday party (we were all in separate cars) he called my DH (who was heading to the grocery store on his way home) and had him p/u light beer. So the dark beer was DH's and the light beer was ex-DH's. It was one of th elight beer bottles that fell on my foot...so that makes it officially ALL HIS FAULT. :p

genburk said:
I think I broke my big toe in july 2 a few years ago. I dropped a can on my toe. The 'sharp' edge of the lid fell right on the knuckle of my toe and took several weeks before it finally "heeled".

Hope yours "heels" sooner than that.

And hey, I think your toes look great !! .. All my polish is coming off and I wouldn't even consider posting them.

Aw thanks - funny thing is that I am in dire need of a pedicure. I had meant to go Friday while the kids were at school but got sidetracked cleaning the house and doing errands and stuff. So, Sunday morning getting ready for the waterpark birthday party, I looked down and was all OMG!!! So I grabbed the nearest bottle of cherry red polish and polished right OVER my old pedicure...blech!!! Now, with the gnarly wound, I won't be able to get a pedicure for a few weeks :(

dannyzmom said:
Because on our way home from teh birthday party (we were all in separate cars) he called my DH (who was heading to the grocery store on his way home) and had him p/u light beer. So the dark beer was DH's and the light beer was ex-DH's. It was one of th elight beer bottles that fell on my foot...so that makes it officially ALL HIS FAULT. :p
I'd say you nailed it.

Yeah, I'd say it's soley his fault. I hope he feels like a heel for hurting you like that. But, I'm sure you toed him off already. If he starts to argue about whose fault it is again, keep your feet firmly planted and stand your ground on the issue. Don't give him an inch or foot. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, I'd say it's soley his fault. I hope he feels like a heel for hurting you like that. But, I'm sure you toed him off already. If he starts to argue about whose fault it is again, keep your feet firmly planted and stand your ground on the issue. Don't give him an inch or foot. ;)

OMG, youur typing hands have been taken over my KG - loloolooolol:D :D

I know, corny huh?

...and that reminds me of a bad joke told by a male nurse at the hospital while taking care of a 90+ year old patient in the ER...she had horrible corns on her feet and he said, "Hey what would you get if one of these huge suckers gave birth???"

Children of the Corn...

Carolyn, I hope your toe heals quickly. Of course it was your ex's fault. Exes are the convenient scapegoat for most things. They actually come in handy that way. :)

Good thing the beer wasn't Dos Exs or she'd have damage on two feet.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Bahahahahaha!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Wup, wup. wup...

Related to Ouch! I Broke My Toe Last Night | Recovering for Upcoming Shows

1. What should I do if I think I broke my toe?

If you believe you may have broken your toe, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. You can visit a doctor or go to the emergency room for evaluation and treatment.

2. How do I know if my toe is broken or just bruised?

Signs of a broken toe may include severe pain, swelling, bruising, difficulty moving the toe, and a misshapen or discolored appearance. If you are experiencing these symptoms, it is best to get a professional diagnosis.

3. Can I still walk on a broken toe?

It is possible to walk on a broken toe, but it is not recommended. Putting weight on a broken toe can make the injury worse and delay the healing process. It is best to rest and elevate the foot until you receive proper medical treatment.

4. How long does it take for a broken toe to heal?

The healing time for a broken toe can vary depending on the severity of the injury. On average, it can take 4-6 weeks for a broken toe to heal. However, it is important to follow your doctor's instructions and attend any follow-up appointments for a more accurate timeline.

5. Can I still wear shoes with a broken toe?

It is not recommended to wear regular shoes with a broken toe, as they may put pressure on the injury and cause discomfort. You can ask your doctor about getting a special shoe or a splint to protect your toe while it heals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bentleymommy
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies