• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Other Vendor Product Recommendations

In summary, the speaker attended a successful shopping party with various vendors, including tastefully simple, do-re-me toys, and a jewelry and purse person. They also discussed other home business products they have tried, including Arbonne, Beauty Control, and Mary Kay. The speaker is interested in purchasing tastefully simple products and would like recommendations from others. They also discussed planning their own vendor show and shared tips on advertising and setting up booths.
its_me_susan
I am so excited - don't tell anyone... but I was at a shopping party today with was a tastefully simple, do-re-me toys, a jewelry person and a purse person, and I was the only one who did well! But now, since the do-re-me person spent almost $100 with my I felt I needed to place an order with her (but only $30 - - but truthfully I don't feel like it was an 'investment" item for my kids at their ages).... and now I want to buy some tastefully Simple items; I am soooo not familiar with their products and there are so many. Will you please tell me what YOU like?

Why don't we share recommendations for the other home business products we have tried? I feel like it's good business to do business with others.

By the way, I'm trying Arbonne (over priced) products - they are so nice though. I really like the morning shower gel stuff, smells so good.

Friend sells Beauty Control - the repair cream does wonders dry heels! I'm going to try both of their mascaras.

Mary Kay - I like their microderma brasion system! (spelling) Really worth the money - and lasts a long time. I just leave it in my shower. I'm not as impressed with the mascara. Eye pencils are ok.

Shopping Party?I don't have any recommendations, but can you tell me more about your shopping party? Was it just the vendors that attended, or did you have other customers as well?

The reason I am asking is I am setting up a Holiday Open House next month with different vendors. So far I have about 10 different vendors lined up. Just wondering how you advertised and what you did for your booth.

I too would like to know more about your "shopping party". I was planning a vendor show myself for the spring (March or April). I already have lined up Arbonne, Premeir Jewelry, Creative Memories, Discovery Toys, and a few others hanging on the line. Where did you have it, and how did you let your clients and their know about it. How did you advertise it? I need the low-down please.

I would get the tastefully simple Chai tea. mix it with cool whip and use it on pumpkin pie or as a dip for graham stix. It is really yummy. I think the exact measurements are on their website. I also really like their wheat beer bread. I really like the key lime cheese ball, and the lemon bars. I am a tastefully simple junkie! I like their honey terriyaki sauce. A little of it goes a long way.

strasfamily said:
I don't have any recommendations, but can you tell me more about your shopping party? Was it just the vendors that attended, or did you have other customers as well?

The reason I am asking is I am setting up a Holiday Open House next month with different vendors. So far I have about 10 different vendors lined up. Just wondering how you advertised and what you did for your booth.

The host made an invitation - - I evited everyone on my address list - - and she just gave us a spot in her house. I made the chicken in the deep covered stone (sort of a demo, but not really), the cream cheese pumpkin squares (I made it the right before, put in fridge unbaked so I could bake there (smells up the house - and tastes sooooo good warm - served it on the med SA plate - it looked great), and a loaf of pumpkin bread I had made the night before. I cleaned my stones after I used them with the cleaning brush (sold 4 of those - it showed how easy it was to clean). I had the kitchen.

:)

lovetocook64 said:
I too would like to know more about your "shopping party". I was planning a vendor show myself for the spring (March or April). I already have lined up Arbonne, Premeir Jewelry, Creative Memories, Discovery Toys, and a few others hanging on the line. Where did you have it, and how did you let your clients and their know about it. How did you advertise it? I need the low-down please.

It was at my neighbors house. If I were you I would try to find someone with a few open rooms and entice her to have an early holiday shopping boutique of her own. Everyone has the fall cooking/nesting feel - and it's a great time to shop!

sillylittlechef said:
I would get the tastefully simple Chai tea. mix it with cool whip and use it on pumpkin pie or as a dip for graham stix. It is really yummy. I think the exact measurements are on their website. I also really like their wheat beer bread. I really like the key lime cheese ball, and the lemon bars. I am a tastefully simple junkie! I like their honey terriyaki sauce. A little of it goes a long way.

Thank you!!!! :)

so are you in differnt roomes then other consultants or all the same room ? this sounds like something i could put to geather with my creative memories lady and my SIL does tastefully simple plus i also do stampin up so i have a whole list of people we could put togeather just thought that renting a hall would be to expensive.

We are doing this, list is too long unless everybody wants it. We rented the elks lodge and are advertising in the local paper. We will only be out less than $50 each(space + ads)

I just made the lemon bars with the white chocolate chips in them from tastefully simple tonight. They are so yummy. Make them in your stoneware of course. :) I also have a couple of their marinade sauces and they are pretty good. I have the pesto that you can make and its great too. I like most everything they sell. You should have been able to sample it all at the show.
I use the powder from Arbonne and I love it. It comes with its own little brush.
I like many things other direct sales companies have but I wouldn't want to work for antone else besides PC!

I would like to know mroe about this "shopping party" as well... their is a few consultans in my town that sell other things.. sounds kinda fun!!

Here are more of my experiences:

Arbonne daycream - love it. Don't like their handcream as much as I like Beauty Control's Revitalizing one. My kids HATED the vitamins (and I don't blame them; they look like mini-horse pills). The night and day shower gels smell GREAT. The bronzing powder... still undecided. LOVE the detox tea.

SLAH- LOVE my new fire screen!

Sophia jewelry- seems like great quality and made well.

I just ordered some PL (my friend just started a business) ~ we'll see if I like them. In the past I prefered Yankee Candle.

At-Home: I LOVE the teriyaki sauce on my salmon. The pesto dip is yummy on the beer bread (I can't wait to try our beer bread and compare). I don't think the pound cake is as good as everyone says ~ maybe it's just me... I'd rather make it. The mustard sauce is yummy too.

Last edited:
I recently bought some things from other direct sales companies (many for the first time) and I like

Tastefully Simple - Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix and Nana's Apple Cake Mix

Arbonne - I like the Day Cream and the Facial Serum (Day and Night) from the Nutrimin Re Line. I've also tried the baby skin care products but wasn't too impressed. (My kids have eczema, but it didn't help much)

Silpada - I didn't think it was too expensive since the jewelry is all sterling silver and precious/semi-precious stones. I got a pair of earrings for $29...

Mary Kay - Just recently tried the Satin Hands cream and I love it! It's not greasy and has a light scent.

I also just LOVE Southern Living. I love their Jamestown Tray with the Tuscan baker in it.

One of my favorites is the Tastefully Simple Strawberry Rhubarb spread. It's good on pancakes/waffles/pound cake, in sandwiches, or on Club crackers topped with a little piece of Havarti cheese.

I love the Tastefully Simple Seasoning Salt. I add it to everything! Their wheat beer bread was also good--wish we would come out with wheat.

I really like Arbonne products. I use their eyeshadow & love it, & their unwind body lotion is great! I also got the unwind sea salt scrubs from their holiday collection--and it's almost gone!

One of my good hosts sells Premier Design & I recently bought a necklace from her that I really like. I also got a cute pearl bracelet for a friend as a Christmas gift.

Homemade GourmetMy sister gave me a gift basket of mixes from Homemade Gourmet-- I have spent the holidays passing off the creations as my own, made from scratch, goodies. ;)

I really like that they offer alternative recipe suggestions. For example, the pumpkin cheesecake pie mix includes a modification that turns it into an amazing cheeseball, which you serve with graham crackers. It was a big hit at Christmas Eve.

Actually, if you visit the Direct Selling Women's Association (DSWA) or become a member, they have a BID movement (Buy it Direct) in an effort to support direct sales as an industry. I do buy many of my regular use products from direct sales companies such as Avon, Watkins, Market Day Gourmet (all of which I had sold for at one time or another but realized that I was a better customer than a sales person). I've seen quite a bit of comparison between PC and Mary Kay on this site in the 30 days I've been a member but I do think that many direct sales companies have wonderful products but you can't sell just ANYTHING. It has to be a match to your personality and gifts. I ALWAYS loved all the products I buy but that alone is not reason enough to sell them. So, buy direct, support the direct selling industry - it is OUR industry.

If you can find a Market Day Gourmet consultant, try the Cheeseball in Paradise dip, chocolate decadent cake, and the triple berry chipolte sauce. Watkins has fabulous spices and a large assortment of extracts such as peanut butter and cranberry! I made the chocolate decadent cake for the holidays with fresh, homemade whipped cream using the peanut butter extract instead of vanilla. Wow! You can find some Watkins products (personal and food) at the Super Wal-Marts and Targets but the best of the line is sold through consultants.

Some more ideasMy mom has a friend that does the Tastfully SImple thing and I am defanately hooked on the Garlic, Garlic and the Onion, Onion. They make great dips that work well in our Simple additions and our Chillzanne Bowls. In Fact Joyce bought about 6 of the Chillzanne Minis for her demos!
But, I add 2 tablespoons of the Garlic, Garlic to the beer in our Classic Batter bowl. Let it sit about 5 minutes then add about 1/4 cup of grated fresh parmesan cheese and the bread mix. You will love it!
I use the Onion, Onion the same way but I add Swiss Cheese then to the bread mix. Or I just use 2 tablespoon each of Onion, Onion and Poppy Seeds.
It is so grate!

I love all of the TS stuff. You can't go wrong.

PL: The candles are great, the products are pricey. I have a ton of stuff. The mosaic collection is gorgeous! The Tiffany line in great, too!

Avon: Lots of great stuff there, too.

Princess House: Everything is gorgeous! Love the Apple Candy dish and the punch bowl, and some of the smaller votive holders.

I love Princess House Crystal! I almost signed up with them but PC won out (more products that people can actually AFORD). They have such pretty stuff. I'm supposed to be having a show in Jan for them.

As for other stuff, I also love Stampin' Up. I made my kids halloween party invites from their haunted stamp set a few years ago and just recently purchased some more stamps for me.

Home Interiors have a really nice western theme line of pictures and wall hangings (yep I'm a hick) that I continually receive for xmas (I have too much for my walls LOL).

Watkins isn't so bad. They have a 'bag balm' that my mom swears by.

There are just so many direct sales companies that I can't possibly try them all out.

I like from Longaberger their White chocolate amaretto dip--awesome iwth graham crackers!!! like cheesecake :0

lia sophia--seems to be decent jewelry--doing a party in jan for my daughter (a daughter and mom party since I dont wear jewelry that much and she does!)

PL--nice candles and holders, kinda expensive, but not more than yankee or gold canyon, etc.

do-re-me--I bought their water xylophone for my little one for xmas--she loves it! and not too expensive about $20 and it comes with a cd

beauticontrol--like the hand cream

mary kay--like the satin hands

there are so many more!!! I like going to or checkin out all the parties just to get some ideas of how we compare, and I have yet to find one that comes close! a girl can only sell so many candles/pictures/skin care items!!!

The only one I would consider is Tastefully Simple and only because of the re-orders, but if you don't make the calls, you won't get the re-orders cuz there are about 20 reps just in my local area so most people just wait for the next party to order!

Ok...
DiscoveryToys-The long plastic tube with beads in it like rainfall
Usbourne - LOVE their Books! Just got my 9month baby a lullabye book w/ cd for $13 Not bad!!!! I am planning on having a party so let me know if you wanna order something!!!!! ;o)
MaryKay-TOO PRICEY! Makeup makes my skin break out!
PL- The large reflections box but they are PRICEY!!!!!

cgreen said:
My sister gave me a gift basket of mixes from Homemade Gourmet-- I have spent the holidays passing off the creations as my own, made from scratch, goodies. ;)

I really like that they offer alternative recipe suggestions. For example, the pumpkin cheesecake pie mix includes a modification that turns it into an amazing cheeseball, which you serve with graham crackers. It was a big hit at Christmas Eve.

Never heard of Homemade Gourmet.... are they like tastefully simple? do you have a website?

pampered1224 said:
My mom has a friend that does the Tastfully SImple thing and I am defanately hooked on the Garlic, Garlic and the Onion, Onion. They make great dips that work well in our Simple additions and our Chillzanne Bowls. In Fact Joyce bought about 6 of the Chillzanne Minis for her demos!
But, I add 2 tablespoons of the Garlic, Garlic to the beer in our Classic Batter bowl. Let it sit about 5 minutes then add about 1/4 cup of grated fresh parmesan cheese and the bread mix. You will love it!
I use the Onion, Onion the same way but I add Swiss Cheese then to the bread mix. Or I just use 2 tablespoon each of Onion, Onion and Poppy Seeds.
It is so grate!

Do her dips need to be cold? This would be great to market to them!

pampermeplease said:
I love Princess House Crystal! I almost signed up with them but PC won out (more products that people can actually AFORD). They have such pretty stuff. I'm supposed to be having a show in Jan for them.

As for other stuff, I also love Stampin' Up. I made my kids halloween party invites from their haunted stamp set a few years ago and just recently purchased some more stamps for me.

Home Interiors have a really nice western theme line of pictures and wall hangings (yep I'm a hick) that I continually receive for xmas (I have too much for my walls LOL).

Watkins isn't so bad. They have a 'bag balm' that my mom swears by.

There are just so many direct sales companies that I can't possibly try them all out.

Do you have a website for Princess House Crystal? I haven't heard of them since 1992! Used to love them.

ChefBurke said:
Ok...
DiscoveryToys-The long plastic tube with beads in it like rainfall
Usbourne - LOVE their Books! Just got my 9month baby a lullabye book w/ cd for $13 Not bad!!!! I am planning on having a party so let me know if you wanna order something!!!!! ;o)
MaryKay-TOO PRICEY! Makeup makes my skin break out!
PL- The large reflections box but they are PRICEY!!!!!

What is Usbourne ? website? I'll look :)

I am a BIG supporter of other DSA's....just look around my house! LOL!!

Love PL candles and TOTALLY think they are worth the money.
Newest love is Longaberger...I know....$100 baskets but I love them!I am having a show in February!
I have so much Princess House and Tupperware and am just adding SLAH to the mix (no SLAH in Japan!) I personally have had tons of $1000 shows for other companies...even for PC before I became a Consultant!

Arbonne~ I love, love the Nutrimin C line. It is expensive but my skin is worth it!
Usborne books~my kids have tons...my rep had major fundraisers at my daughters pre-school and I BOUGHT!! We still love a Mouse in the House!
MK~my BF sells this and Cookie Lee so I have quite a bit.
Beauty Control~ LOVE their wet-dry foundation. My other BF sells this! Oh and cuts my hair for free! :)
TS~neighbor sells and I love the Garlic, Garlic and ONion, Onion just like John. In fact my neighbor bought SA for her demos so every show she does gets my name out there!

I can't think of anymore right now........a few to many glasses of red wine last night! LOL!!

TS productsI sell Tastefully Simple along w/ TPC. There products are wonderful and fast if you need something in a hurry. The Perfectly Potato soup is GREAT and so easy and quick to make. The Carmel Bliss Cheese ball mix in good, along with the Chai tea and the Hazelnut cocoa. The Bacon Bacon is great to make dips out of, add to your potato salda , to green beans or anything you would add bacon too.

MK - cousin selling it. I LOVE satin hands. I have bought three eyeshadows and blush and eyeliner. Got the filled compact. If you compare it to other brands like Clinque and Lancome it is not any higher than they are.

Southern Living - I order several Christmas presents from there. They were having awesome specials which I understand they have each month. I got the King Street Trio for MIL, Jamestown Votives for BF, a tray but I cannot remember which one for myself (it's black with gold, I think Jamestown), and I bought a set of 3 little pots and fixed them as gift baskets for other friends.

Tupperware - love the products but not some of the the prices, but I also know you get what you pay for. Had a show - it was a flop.

ChefBurke said:
Ok...

I LOVE Usbourne Books! I had a party a year ago last Oct. and got a TON of books/flashcards/etc......This is the only other Party Plan that I have seriously considered selling - because the Rep. that did my party quit, and there isn't another in the area. All of my son's favorite books (and he has an overwhelming #!) are his Usbourne Books!

My vote has to be for Gold Canyon Candles...LOVE THEM.
I also like...MK Microderm Ebrasion and their new moisterizer that has the foundation in it.

its_me_susan said:
Never heard of Homemade Gourmet.... are they like tastefully simple? do you have a website?

It's very similar to Tastefully Simple, but not as fancy packaging... slightly less expensive, too.

Here's the website:

https://www.homemadegourmet.com/

I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around so I do support other Direct Sellers. Here's my recommendations and feelings about some of the things I've tried:
Wildtree Herbs: I really love their butter-flavored grapeseed oil (fantastic in the Kitchen Spritzer, too!!!)I'm a newbie with trying Mary Kay stuff (I actually hate make-up). I got the tinted moisturizer, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet as I still can't get myself to use it everyday like I'm supposed to. I've been using the Satin Hands emollient cream and scrub, and I love the scent of the scrub. Seems to work well.... when I remember to use it. :)I have a ton of the Usbourne books, some of which I love, and some that I don't. With the board books, many of them have almost no words to them, so I end up having to make up stories when I read them. I guess I've been getting spoiled by Sandra Boynton! I am so addicted to Tastefully Simple's Chai Tea that it's not funny!!! Man, I'd mainline it if I could! There Almond Pound Cake is yummy, too. I adore almond flavoring, so when I make it, I add just a touch more flavoring, and then throw in a handful of dried cherries. I sprinkle sliced almonds in the Stoneware Fluted Pan and pour the batter in, and it is heavenly!The Napa Cookbook Holder from Taste of Home Entertaining is gorgeous! It fits so many different sized cookbooks, too and the weights on it are perfect for holding pages. I've tried a few Homemade Gourmet items, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie is my favorite. However, I have to say that I was able to find a recipe for this on the internet, and I can't tell the difference between the two so I don't buy that anymore. I do love the way that Party Lites votives liquify when you're burning them. Very pretty, and much less mess than usual. However.... my sister and SIL kept having parties for a while there, and it looks like I could be a PL consultant as I can't seem to remember to burn the darned things and then I smell a new scent I'd love to have. I have to stay away from the darned things!!!! :)Heritage Makers Scrapless Books were the presents I did for my folks and my in-laws this year, and they are gushing about them! If I weren't a director, I would consider being a consultant for them as I love their products. I appreciate scrapbooks, and those who put them together, but I'm too lazy to do it myself. The digital books (as offered by Heritage Makers) were right up my alley.

I really like a few different TS products:

The Lemon bars, Cinnamon muffin melts, the cinnamon pretzel things.

krzymomof4 said:
My vote has to be for Gold Canyon Candles...LOVE THEM.
I also like...MK Microderm Ebrasion and their new moisterizer that has the foundation in it.

I love Gold Canyon, too! A good friend of mine sells it! LOVE the Ginger Lime candle

ange13 said:
I like from Longaberger their White chocolate amaretto dip--awesome iwth graham crackers!!! like cheesecake :0

lia sophia--seems to be decent jewelry--doing a party in jan for my daughter (a daughter and mom party since I dont wear jewelry that much and she does!)

PL--nice candles and holders, kinda expensive, but not more than yankee or gold canyon, etc.

do-re-me--I bought their water xylophone for my little one for xmas--she loves it! and not too expensive about $20 and it comes with a cd

beauticontrol--like the hand cream

mary kay--like the satin hands

there are so many more!!! I like going to or checkin out all the parties just to get some ideas of how we compare, and I have yet to find one that comes close! a girl can only sell so many candles/pictures/skin care items!!!

The only one I would consider is Tastefully Simple and only because of the re-orders, but if you don't make the calls, you won't get the re-orders cuz there are about 20 reps just in my local area so most people just wait for the next party to order!

I used to do lia sophia and didnt do so hot. I had the worst problems with shipments, all the orders were off. My last month with them was early December and Im still dealing with shipments gone bad! As far as the product goes, some of their stuff is great, some of it is cheaply made. The one good thing is that everything is lifetime warranty and hypoallergetic. I would not sign on with them again and I would be skeptical to have a show with them in the future.

I do like to support other DS consultants, but I find it a little difficult. First of all, Pampered Chef is the only one that REALLY gets me. I love all our products and it's totally my gig. I buy things from everyone else, but I'm getting to the point where I'm maxed out, ya know?

Lia Sophia-a neighbor/friend sells: I've bought some, and I like them, but I don't wear much jewelry.

Mary Kay: Kind of the same thing...the little compact I have is enough makeup to last me for the rest of my life!

Southern Living: Like the stuff, but I'm really CHEAP, and again, only need SO much. The stuff I really like is their serving pieces, but I have my Simple Additions and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them

Tastefully Simple: I like to make things from scratch, and I'm not a really big dip person. I buy things every now and then. At least they're fairly cheap and I don't have to find someplace for them in the house!

Longaberger: LOVE them, but again, have I mentioned that I'm CHEAP?! Yep, I am...

Partylite: I think their stuff is really expensive. Their candles are okay, though

Home interiors: I like their candles and a few of their things. I think it's reasonably priced.

I just hate having to feel like I have to buy something from them for them to buy from me. I already feel guilty that I don't host parties for anyone else. Truth to be told, I'd host a party every month but Bryan HATES having people over! ANYHOW, there's my really long two cents!

I wanted to have a Home Interiors party....I did a show for a rep last summer. We stayed in touch and I talked to her last fall and told her I'd have a party in January. She never ever called me! Her loss!!!!!

I dabble in Uppercase Living (I'm a rep)- as I have some of the expressions in hy home and office. Fun items, and really good prices. Reps I am finding are few and far between.

DH works for The Critical Thinking Company. They have wonderful educational items for kids (pre-k - high school). Great stuff for those who want to home school.

I'm PC through and through...I have an entire cupboard full of PL candles (I don't burn them). MK Satin hands? Yep, for sure. My friend in WV pleaded with me to do a SLAH catalog show for her, and I recently received the cattys from her...WOW was I surprised at the prices! (We're swapping catty shows, so I better get something for her!!!)
Lia Sophia - pretty, but I think overpriced and had several bad experiences with the finish flaking off...I just don't order anymore. Tastefully Simple; OH FOR SURE the cinn. muffin melts and the Almond pound cake...YUM!!!!!

Never been to a longaberger show...only looked at a catty for home interiors.
Like I stated, I'm PC through and through! Love PC - have for years!! and love being a consultant...(and earning all the FREE stuff!) LOL!!!

Home Interiors
DebbieJ said:
I wanted to have a Home Interiors party....I did a show for a rep last summer. We stayed in touch and I talked to her last fall and told her I'd have a party in January. She never ever called me! Her loss!!!!!

I have a friend who sells HI. I'm sure she'd be happy to send you some catalogs! :)

Just wanted to update you guys!

SLAH - I hosted a brunch (10:30-12:30) during the week for a rep who had just moved to my state. I had 22 say yes they were coming, about 15 ended up going though. I was able to discretely sprinkle in a few PC items (used the trifle bowl for fresh fruit in layers ~ pretty!). It was double points, I got about $350 free! And you kinda of need it! Their stuff is pretty and great quality, boy my gosh it is expensive! Consultant told me the average order is about $30 at most parties... that tells me that people are buying just the min. - most people at my party bought the $7 monthly special and either a cookbook or a $35 item). I did have a few big spenders and 2 bookings for her.

Arbonne - OMG, LOVE these products! My consultant bought a bunch of cookware. I decided to try something. I don't know why I was so hesitant! Their make-up and skin care is at least half the price of my Lancomb items. And you know, sooo much better! I love that it's all natural. I like my consultant so much I asked had her do my colors ~ I look sooo much better!

I'm doing an Open house like big vendor thing introducing everyone's Spring/Summer products... 10-Noon and 7-9 on the 28th. I'll have a Feb & March show open (gather the orders on discontinued). SLAH (I want the host special and some more stuff), Arbonne, Stamping Up, Me. A friend with a bargain Travel Co will be leaving brochures and I'll have Party Lite catalogs out for my dear friend who lives in another state. I'm inviting my downline to "invite guests" and collect their own orders (show off my products for them, and bring in customers for my vendors).

I can't wait! What my brunch did was show people how easy brunches are M-F, and people prefer them sometimes. Wish me luck!

kinda long but here goes....I am a big advocate of supporting other DS Companies. I do allot of business and networking with others in my area. If it didn't make my friends nuts I would do a party for a different one each month. Some of them have better host programs than the others. I do think PC is one of the best. I have had good friends who are cons for other companies say how much better ours is than their company.

CM: Love their prod and quality along with simple technique. I never thought I would be a fanatic till I traded a show when I was starting my buis. Now I'm hooked. My current CM cons is a good friend and we do allot of networking and have organized small vendor events together.

Stampin up: I’m not much of a stamper but they have some really cute things. My Demonstrator is another really good friend and we have inspired each other. She loves the Smooth edge can opener for decorating cans. The one she did and had at a vendor event to hold her pens inspired me to do one too. I love it!

Discovery toys: My kids love their stuff! They have an awesome lifetime guarantee.

Butterfly boutique: This is a brand new company. They have jewelry, purses, scarves and some spa stuff. I bought 1 pair of earrings and was not impressed with the quality. I don't think their host program is very good.

Lia Sophia- My SIL had a show a year ago and got a ton free. They really suck customers in with their deals. Almost everyone ends up spending $100 cause of all the 1/2 off deals. On a side note A Fairly successful CM cons I know quit to do Lia Sophia; within 6 months she has 12 cons in her downline! She only had 1 or 2 with CM.

Mary Kay: Like their hand spa stuff.

Southern Living: pretty but too pricey for me.

Tastefully Simple: very good but spendy. TS is big in MN since it was founded here

Longaberger: Love their baskets but can't afford them. Neither can most people I know.

Partylite: Love their tea lights! I would burn them all the time if I could find a local gal I like.

Home interiors: Do not own any... My Step mom has lots of nice stuff from them.
H&G party: Overpriced. Did not like their quality. The first cons. I ever met immediately tried to get into a stoneware debate with me. At the time they had unglazed stoneware like ours. Don't know if they still do?

At home America: Saw their stuff for the first time 2 weeks ago, it seemed nice.

Homemade Gourmet: Love their BLT dip. Tried a soup mix. Tasted like powder... duhhh that’s what the mix was...

Usborne Books: My kids absolutely love them! My DD loves their Dot to dot books! Yes they have whole books of just dot to dots!!!

I do 1 DS show a year just so I can be host coached and learn form other consulants & compare our benefits,

Thsi year i did TOHE it was ok,
I Love SLAH & LB, do my own catalog shows with each new catalog launch. The fairmont urn is the only SLAH item I've been disappointed in.

A very good friend sells At Home America I have alot of their stuff but it isn't as much to my liking.

HI & PL are ok don't care much for the sconces at HI or PL's candleholders

We can not stand HG (my family can always tell when I've made something with it and they usually don' t eat it) It was started in a town about 30 miles from here (better known for it 1st Monday Trade days) the founder's daughter dances at the studio here in town where my daughter dances. One year their production team danced at their conference.

The biggest complaint I have with the other companies is the shipping

thechefofnorthbend said:
I dabble in Uppercase Living (I'm a rep)- as I have some of the expressions in hy home and office. Fun items, and really good prices. Reps I am finding are few and far between.

DH works for The Critical Thinking Company. They have wonderful educational items for kids (pre-k - high school). Great stuff for those who want to home school.

DARBY! If I email you my address, could you send me a catalog for The Critical Thinking Co.? A consultant from there was at a Vendor Fair I did a year ago, and I was really interested in their stuff - I filled out a form to be added to their mailing list, but never heard anything from them.....I was so disappointed!
Thanks!

ChefBeckyD said:
DARBY! If I email you my address, could you send me a catalog for The Critical Thinking Co.? A consultant from there was at a Vendor Fair I did a year ago, and I was really interested in their stuff - I filled out a form to be added to their mailing list, but never heard anything from them.....I was so disappointed!
Thanks!

Yep!! email is in my sig and profile!! I'll send it out on Tuesday!! :p

Tastefully Simple Dips and our Chillzanne Bowls
its_me_susan said:
Do her dips need to be cold? This would be great to market to them!

Yes, you make them with mayonnaise and sour cream. They are great!

I try to support other DS consultants when I can. I am so bad at having parties...no one comes!! It sucks so bad! I definitely feel for my hosts when that happens.

Anyway...Homemade Gourmet - Cheesecake mix is great! I make the cheesecake ball and pour chocolate sauce over it and serve it with chocolate graham cracker sticks! YUMMY! I like their Southwestern mix also. I used 2 reps and neither one stayed in touch with me (I called and emailed them and never heard back). So I guess I'm done with that company.

Discovery Toys - They had a red teether that smells like Vanilla. I bought one for our 1st daughter and we're using it now for our 2nd daughter and after washing is 1000x in the dishwasher it still smells like vanilla. I LOVE it!!

HI&G - My mother sells this! I love the candles (which I get for FREE)!!

SLAH - I like alot of their stuff, but it is wayyy to expensive for me! Especially when I can get Hi&G for FREE!

CM - I have so much stuff that I don't use. Same as SU! I just don't have time to scrapbook. It is fun and I enjoy it, I just don't have time for it.

I don't do make-up, so I'm not into Arbonne, Mary Kay, or any of those.

thechefofnorthbend said:

Darby,

I checked out the website for Uppercase Living--great stuff! I'd love to get a catalog, would you please contact me and let me know how to get one?

Thanks,

Ann

[email protected]

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Tara1021
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire