• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some budget-friendly food options for a bridal shower?

In summary, an "OT" bridal shower is a themed bridal shower where guests are encouraged to bring unique or personalized gifts instead of following the couple's wedding registry. It can be a fun and creative way to celebrate the bride-to-be and can be planned on a budget by utilizing DIY decorations and potluck-style food. Some "OT" gift ideas include personalized items, homemade gifts, or experiences. There are no set rules for an "OT" bridal shower, but it's important to communicate the theme and guidelines to guests beforehand.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm hosting my soon-to-be SIL's bridal shower in three weeks and was looking for some good CHEAP things to serve. It's in the afternoon so we just need some finger food type stuff to serve. I'm drawing a blank - all I can think of is expensive PC recipes!

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are great!

Sandwich ring. Cool veggie pizza. Just made the Zesty Ravioli Skillet for dinner (from the Vegetarian cookbook) - it was pretty cheap and delicious, serves alot too.

I know that we don't have them anymore. But with my family something that is made a lot are chicken salad sandwiches but the bread is made in bread tubes. Makes it look much fancier than it really is.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are scrumptious and easy.

Use non-PC cookie cutters to cut out bread shapes for your sandwiches if you don't have the bread tubes

Crinkle cutter or mini cutters to cut up veggies & cheeses for a veggie tray or fruits for a fruit tray on your Cool n Serve w/a PC dip in the center

Silicone cupcake pan for your dessert - melt canned frosting in the micro and pour over cakes, or to make ice for your punch bowl

Fruit kabobs with assorted fruits done on toothpicks

Real lemonade in the QSP

What is an "OT" bridal shower?

An "OT" bridal shower is a themed bridal shower that stands for "Off-Registry" or "Out-of-Traditional" gifts. This means that instead of purchasing items from the couple's wedding registry, guests are encouraged to bring gifts that are more unique or personalized.

Why should I consider having an "OT" bridal shower?

An "OT" bridal shower can be a fun and creative way to celebrate the bride-to-be and provide her with unique gifts that she may not have thought to register for. It also allows guests to showcase their creativity and thoughtfulness in their gift-giving.

How can I plan an "OT" bridal shower on a budget?

There are many ways to plan an "OT" bridal shower on a budget. Some ideas include hosting the shower at someone's home or a free location, DIY decorations and favors, and potluck-style food and drinks. You can also consider asking guests to bring a dish or contribute in some way to keep costs low.

What are some "OT" gift ideas for a bridal shower?

Some "OT" gift ideas for a bridal shower include personalized items such as monogrammed kitchen towels or cutting boards, homemade gifts such as baked goods or DIY home decor, or experiences such as cooking classes or spa days. You can also ask guests to bring a favorite recipe or household item to share with the bride.

Are there any rules for an "OT" bridal shower?

There are no set rules for an "OT" bridal shower, as it is meant to be a fun and unique celebration. However, it's important to communicate the theme and any guidelines to guests beforehand to ensure everyone is on the same page. It's also a good idea to have a mix of "OT" gifts and traditional gifts to accommodate different preferences and budgets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kearstin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • grins88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
grins88
  • BeckyC5830