• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Efficiently Organize Kitchen Tools for Stress-Free Cooking?

almost as much as I hate coming home to a cluttered kitchen.Almost always, I wash my dishes at the show.Even though I have duplicates, I still find that we use them. I'll put something in the dishwasher to realize later that I need it for another recipe I'm making later in the day. Too lazy to wash dishes when I have a second of that item right there. :rolleyes: ;) Plus sometimes I do different recipes which use different tools, so I wait to pack up till the day of the show. I type up the recipe I'm going to demo and make a complete list of every item I need. I use that list to pack up so I don't forget anything
BlueMoon
o
my
goodness!!!!

forget the paperwork, this little newbie can't even organize the tools!
  • Forgot the saute pan at a host's house
  • Can't find my small bar board.
  • just found my mandoline blade garage, after looking all over for it
how do you keep the tools organized AND integrated into your kitchen? I know a tool turnabout will help (ordering it saturday) but....I feel a bit overwhelmed..

Partly it's cause I had my SIL and niece visiting and heaven forbid they ask where something goes (mandoline garage was in the laundry room??!), so it should be better now that they are safely in their homes. (love them, but Il lose my kitchen when they are here).

I wish I could blame them for all of it. I tend to be a little scattered, but there must be an easier way. I don't want to keep my kit packed because I want to use the things, but I'm worried about packing up fur each show.

Any advice?

For the most part when I started I had my kit packed and in the kitchen. If I needed something out of it, I grabbed it, used it, washed it and put it right back. But since I had a bridal shower and such before hand, I had a lot of duplicates and eventually got to the point where I could keep a kit packed in my car at all times. I have duplicates in my kitchen now that I use and only use my kit for shows. This saves me a TON of time!! I know my kit is packed with the products I need for the three recipes I offer for the next season. All I take in at night is my paperwork stuff to switch out for the next show.

wadesgirl said:
For the most part when I started I had my kit packed and in the kitchen. If I needed something out of it, I grabbed it, used it, washed it and put it right back. But since I had a bridal shower and such before hand, I had a lot of duplicates and eventually got to the point where I could keep a kit packed in my car at all times. I have duplicates in my kitchen now that I use and only use my kit for shows. This saves me a TON of time!! I know my kit is packed with the products I need for the three recipes I offer for the next season. All I take in at night is my paperwork stuff to switch out for the next show.

Same here....

And the TTA DOES help!

ChefBeckyD said:
Same here....

And the TTA DOES help!

This is the one item I suggest to all new recruits to get. The TTA bag also helps. If you are going to use it at home, just grab it off your counter and drop it into the bag.

I always have to unload my kit so I can wash the dishes and repack my kit. So even though I have duplicates I still have to keep loading my kit in and out of the van : (

SPAMSTIME said:
I always have to unload my kit so I can wash the dishes and repack my kit. So even though I have duplicates I still have to keep loading my kit in and out of the van : (

Almost always, I wash my dishes at the show.

Even though I have duplicates, I still find that we use them. I'll put something in the dishwasher to realize later that I need it for another recipe I'm making later in the day. Too lazy to wash dishes when I have a second of that item right there. :rolleyes: ;) Plus sometimes I do different recipes which use different tools, so I wait to pack up till the day of the show. I type up the recipe I'm going to demo and make a complete list of every item I need. I use that list to pack up so I don't forget anything. Then when I'm at a show, I really try to have my dirty stuff separate from the host's things. I have that list with me, so I can always check to see I didn't forget anything. But I usually don't do that. One time I left my Round Up Trivet at my friend's house when she hosted. And at another host's place I forgot the protective cover to my kernel cutter. But that's it so far. (knock on wood)ETA: I also try to do my dishes at the show. I hate having to come home with dirty stuff. I'm too tired to deal with it that night, and I hate waking up to a lot of dishes to do. ;)

Bluemoon, I am glad to know that others have trouble locating their items also. I love using them, but then am nervous about being able to locate them for my FIRST cooking party on Monday!

SPAMSTIME said:

4 years in the business and I've never taken dishes home! They would never get washed if I did!

I did see in a training I went to last week where the consultant used a reusable PC bag and set a trash can in it (it fit perfect) and she put the dirty dishes in that and took them home. She said our hosts were to be "pampered" and we would do our dishes at home. I just wanted if this was the norm or not. Thanks so much in advance, I am just so new at this.:chef:

wadesgirl said:
For the most part when I started I had my kit packed and in the kitchen. If I needed something out of it, I grabbed it, used it, washed it and put it right back.

This is exactly what I did before I got the TTA. I'm not complaining at all about my husband unloading the dishwasher, but I do need to look closely to be sure my TTA only has PC products and none of my PC tools ended up in my other tool holder. I have forgotten things in my own dishwasher and had to improvise at the show, but I haven't left anything behind at a show...yet.

sherri lynn said:
I did see in a training I went to last week where the consultant used a reusable PC bag and set a trash can in it (it fit perfect) and she put the dirty dishes in that and took them home. She said our hosts were to be "pampered" and we would do our dishes at home. I just wanted if this was the norm or not. Thanks so much in advance, I am just so new at this.:chef:

I don't have my host do the dishes unless they do them when I'm not looking (like taking orders or getting other stuff out). I do them myself either before or after the show depending on when I make the recipe.

LOL I have three TTAs and keep one packed for the show, although I do find myself reaching into it every now and again when I need something newer. Most products I have duplicates of, so I use the older models at home.

wadesgirl said:
I don't have my host do the dishes unless they do them when I'm not looking (like taking orders or getting other stuff out). I do them myself either before or after the show depending on when I make the recipe.

My recruiter has the hostesses do the dishes. Something I didn't really like when I was hosting a show with her, but I will say it helped me get an up close hands on look and a chance to see which ones I did and didn't want (b/c they were a pain to clean).
I always do my dishes at the show. The host sometimes helps, but often one of her good friends or relatives is there to help and it makes it easy and quick.

HUMMMMM My recruiter brought a tub and took the dirty dishes home with her so that's how I was taught so I do it that way now. I have a tub with handles so as I demo I put the dirty items right into the tub which fits right inside the host sink. so when party is over I just pick up my tub and take it with me. When I get home I just put them in the dishwasher. My recruiter said she wants the host or anyone else that maybe considering becoming a consultant to not think the job is to hard or difficult. I personally think she worked hard getting ready for her party and I have already been there long enough I don't want the host to think "when is she leaving" LOL

Thanks, Wadesgirl, and the others for your personal ways of dealing with the dishes. I was just curious to see how others REALLY do it :)

wadesgirl said:

I start a sink of dishwater as soon as I start prepping the recipe. As I use something, I slide it into the dishwater. Usually I have time to at least wash & rinse most of my prep dishes before people start arriving, and often the host and I will chat about the party, etc..while I'm washing up - both before and after the party.

For several years I took my dirty dishes home, but I've found that by washing them there, often people will want to help. It's a time of bonding, working together to clean up, and I often get sales, bookings, and recruit leads while we're washing the dishes! :) AND I get to go home with my kit all clean and repacked - ready for the next show.

:blushing:I never thought of the chit chat and such that can go on when washing dishes. When I'm at my mother in law's house, that's where all the good conversation is going on: in the kitchen cleaning and drying dishes!! Good point. Thanks.

I just can't imagine washing my dishes at my host's home. That part of the fun of Pampered Chef parties. I clean up after myself & I do the dishes.

But, as far as tools go.... I've left tools at hosts's homes, lost tools, I pack before each show with a list from the recipe.

ChefBeckyD said:
I start a sink of dishwater as soon as I start prepping the recipe. As I use something, I slide it into the dishwater. Usually I have time to at least wash & rinse most of my prep dishes before people start arriving, and often the host and I will chat about the party, etc..while I'm washing up - both before and after the party.

For several years I took my dirty dishes home, but I've found that by washing them there, often people will want to help. It's a time of bonding, working together to clean up, and I often get sales, bookings, and recruit leads while we're washing the dishes! :) AND I get to go home with my kit all clean and repacked - ready for the next show.

This I think is a good idea. Because then if I don't wash them there at least they have a good enough rinse for me to put them in the dishwasher when I get home.

I never do my dishes at the hosts house. I make use of grocery store/walmart bags and bag up everything dirty and toss it in my consultant bag. At home I have a garbage disposal which makes things so much easier than worrying if im clogging a drain or figuring out how people with only one sink do it? (I can't stand putting my hands in water with 'floaters') and many time the hosts has her sink full of stuff already - just a pain to me. Others think taking your dishes home is a pain. WHatever floats our boats.

As for tools i keep mine in my bag all of the time and my TTA is ready to go on my counter - just bag'er up and away I go. If i use something out of my tote (mandoline) I wash it and put it back. As for keeping track at a hosts - i do a full room/kitchen/living room sweep before i leave and I also don't spread myself out much and rarely pass items around that way I keep track of everything.

babywings76 said:
I type up the recipe I'm going to demo and make a complete list of every item I need. I use that list to pack up so I don't forget anything. Then when I'm at a show, I really try to have my dirty stuff separate from the host's things. I have that list with me, so I can always check to see I didn't forget anything. But I usually don't do that.

When I first started my biz I would make a list too so I made sure I brought all the "called for" tools with me. Now I simply walk around my kitchen with the recipe book in my hand taking things out of drawers, cupboards, etc...adding tools to the recipe as I go. I never took the list with me, I used it for packing to go to the host's home. I have, on occasion, left things at a host's home and am always embarrassed when they call to tell me I left "x". :eek:.

Since seeing your post, babywings, I'll go back to making the list, but this time will use it to take with me as a packing to come home tool:) Thanks for the great idea!!:chef:

Cheers,
D.

Wow, I am so glad I asked. My host's entire family washing the dishes was the problem, besides the fact that she lent me a couple of tools for the show.
so my new plan is--
1. no mixing with their tools
2. do the setting the dirty tools in a bag to come home with me for clean up
3. keep the bag packed, when I use a tool in my kitchen, wash it and put it back--and check the list with the recipe before I go.
4. and get that TTA!!!Becky, I love the idea of washing the dishes with my host and chatting. I know that has always been my favorite part of holidays, everyone in the kitchen, hands in warm water, etc. But I am still not ready for that. I need to get the show down, then work on the post show. Thanks so much for all your input. What a great cluster you all are!love and hugs,
Marghi

Left my TTA at a show once, bought the bag after that. The upside was that it was a friend's house. It was a week before I was able to go back to get it. She was all apologetic that she had borrowed a few tools while it was sitting there. I laughed and told her that at least they got some use. A small price to pay for the storage of my stuff.

As a result, she HAD to get the vegetable peeler. Until you use that tool, you don't know. You think you're covered with the cheapo one you have. I didn't buy one until I'd hosted a show and a friend ordered one. I have bough a lot of things because I saw them and knew how good they would be. The catalog is good, but you can't touch and feel things in the catalog...

1. What are some essential kitchen tools that every cook should have?

Every cook should have a good set of knives, cutting boards, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a variety of cooking utensils like spatulas, tongs, and whisks.

2. How can I maximize storage space in my kitchen?

One way to maximize storage space in your kitchen is to use vertical storage solutions, such as hanging racks or shelves. You can also utilize the inside of cabinet doors for storing smaller items like measuring spoons or pot lids.

3. What is the best way to declutter and organize my kitchen tools?

The best way to declutter and organize your kitchen tools is to first go through all of your tools and get rid of any that you don't use or are broken. Then, group similar items together and find a designated spot for each group in your kitchen.

4. How can I keep my kitchen tools easily accessible while cooking?

One way to keep your kitchen tools easily accessible while cooking is to use a utensil holder or caddy on your countertop. You can also hang frequently used tools on a wall rack or store them in a drawer organizer.

5. What are some tips for maintaining an organized kitchen on a daily basis?

Some tips for maintaining an organized kitchen on a daily basis include putting away tools after using them, wiping down surfaces regularly, and doing a quick decluttering sweep before and after cooking. It's also helpful to have designated spots for specific tools to make it easier to put them back in their proper place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefRenee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies