• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Lyn Conway's Method Help You Eliminate Clutter and Save Time?

In summary, Lyn's Fresh Idea for the day spoke to me about getting more organized. She said that if you waste five minutes every day, it would equal one hour by the end of the week. She also mentioned that she is a visual learner and would love to be walked through an organized system. She attached an outline of what she does to stay sane.
tlag1986
Gold Member
Lyn's Fresh Idea for the day spoke to me about getting more organized. :rolleyes: I just thought someone else needs to be inspired as well so here it is.Here's your Fresh Idea for Thursday, January 8th"Take care of the minutes and the hours will take care of themselves." ~Lord ChesterfieldFive minutes wasted just 12 times a day equals one hour! What are you wasting time on? Looking for things like a phone number, a piece of paper, an e-mail, your kid's shoes, your keys can all be a frustrating and unnecessary waste of time. How to stop the madness? Get rid of the clutter, organize what is left and create a system for doing all of the important needs and things in your life!This was based on Kimberly Medlock's organization theory.

It's the lack of discipline to get organized that keep me unorganized -- LOL.

Ms. Conway is soo right! All my friends and family laugh at me because I have binders, calendars and routines that keep my day structured, I know they are thinking, 'What a waste of time.' But I do an amazing amount of 'stuff' everyday and my kids know what is going on, what is expected of them and when everything is suppose to happen therefor making it easier to get to and from things, keep the house clean and stay on track. I can also put my hand on anything I need (usually :)) within 5 mins, from the permission slip for a field trip next week to our 2003 budget to the vin # of the 4X4 I own in the mid '90's.
With that said, it is HARD to get organized and this didn't happen for me overnight. But man is it worth it!;)

Crystal Patton said:
Ms. Conway is soo right! All my friends and family laugh at me because I have binders, calendars and routines that keep my day structured, I know they are thinking, 'What a waste of time.' But I do an amazing amount of 'stuff' everyday and my kids know what is going on, what is expected of them and when everything is suppose to happen therefor making it easier to get to and from things, keep the house clean and stay on track. I can also put my hand on anything I need (usually :)) within 5 mins, from the permission slip for a field trip next week to our 2003 budget to the vin # of the 4X4 I own in the mid '90's.
With that said, it is HARD to get organized and this didn't happen for me overnight. But man is it worth it!;)

Could you maybe briefly outline your binder systems? I have lots of ideas in my head but my Home Management Binder became too huge and now I never use it! I want to have a place for my bills, my car info, the puppy paperwork, the house paperwork, all my bank info, etc... as well as my routines, recipes, cleaning notes, etc...

I agree, it is hard to get and stay organized. Especially when you are the only one trying to do it. My family just thinks I'm changing things around again. I've asked for help to get and stay organized - not getting it.

I'm a visual learner, so I'd love to be walked through an organizational system.

I would love to have a system. So far I have none. I have watched some of the get organized shows to see how they suggest to get organized simply at home, but most of the ideas are not applicable with PC. For now I have been trying to get things more organized slowly on my own.

I have attached an outline of all the things I do to stay sane. I can elablorate on anything and provide layouts too, if anyone is interested.

Keep in mind this is an ongoing system and it has taken me 3 years to get to this point. Also, I'm not 'perfect' nor is my system, just FYI (my husband says I'm intimidating to other women because I'm so put together - so "Don't hate me because I'm organized" :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• Organizing System outline.doc
    27 KB · Views: 521
Crystal Patton said:
I have attached an outline of all the things I do to stay sane. I can elablorate on anything and provide layouts too, if anyone is interested.

Keep in mind this is an ongoing system and it has taken me 3 years to get to this point. Also, I'm not 'perfect' nor is my system, just FYI (my husband says I'm intimidating to other women because I'm so put together - so "Don't hate me because I'm organized" :rolleyes:)

You are absolutely amazing. My hat goes off to you! Perhaps org.mgmt. should be your line of business! I'm always impressed when anyone knows what they are going to eat that week, let alone having a binder with choice and healthiness. Good job!

You are absolutely amazing. My hat goes off to you! Perhaps org.mgmt. should be your line of business! I'm always impressed when anyone knows what they are going to eat that week, let alone having a binder with choice and healthiness. Good job!

It all sounds so great on paper, but I did the meal planning binder last week, it took me an hour, no big deal.:blushing:
But Thanks for the 'atta boy'!

So, I am interested in all the outlines...if you don't mind sharing. I have been working on a home control journal for a while now, but I am not sure where to start. Is the patton Perspective your PC newsletter?

The Patton Perspecitve is my monthly newsletter, I have a area for PC news but it's not all about that.

Money Management is my PC account outline. But I have a personal one also, it's easy to convert. I added my yearly personal breakdown too.

Customer Care calls - I fill it in for outside orders and just tape the survey slip on to it for all others.

The last one is my outline on how I handle my shows.

I hope this is helpfull, I just love to share!!!

Apparently I can't attach an excel file - all that is showing is my show outline & The Patton Perspective:grumpy:
e-mail me if you would like the others:)
[email protected]

Attachments

• Layout - Master.pub
    313.5 KB · Views: 311
  • Cooking Show Pkt.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 387
Thanks for sharing!!! And you have mail :)

So the show packet is what you keep on file, right?

I'm sending you an email too. :)

So the show packet is what you keep on file, right?

I put all the paper orders from the show inside of it and right now I'm keeping them. Maybe when I have 100 shows I'll change my mind/ LOL

I am always happy to let people pick my brain - but bring a pitchfork, I'm full of useless info to shovel through:)

I'm bumping this.

It got swept away by Leadership :)

1. What is Lyn Conway's Fresh Idea?

Lyn Conway's Fresh Idea is a versatile kitchen gadget that can chop, blend, and mix ingredients quickly and easily. It is a must-have tool for anyone who loves to cook or wants to save time in the kitchen.

2. How does Lyn Conway's Fresh Idea work?

The Fresh Idea features sharp stainless steel blades that rotate when you pull the handle, allowing you to chop, blend, or mix ingredients in just a few seconds. The more you pull, the finer the chop will be.

3. Is Lyn Conway's Fresh Idea dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Fresh Idea is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. The blades and lid can also be removed for thorough cleaning.

4. What can I use Lyn Conway's Fresh Idea for?

The Fresh Idea is perfect for chopping vegetables, fruits, nuts, and herbs, as well as blending sauces, dips, and dressings. You can also use it to mix batters and doughs.

5. Can I adjust the chop size with Lyn Conway's Fresh Idea?

Yes, you can control the chop size by adjusting the number of pulls on the handle. The more pulls you make, the finer the chop will be. You can also use the Fresh Idea to achieve a rough chop or blend ingredients to your desired texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jenniann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • DebPC