• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Order Disaster: Broken and Damaged Items - Shop Smarter with Personal Delivery!

In summary, the order that came in today was a total mess. The lids from the 5pce set broken, two stones broken, boxes were ripped open. Even the dip mix boxes were dented. The host said that this is the worst order that they have ever received.
rennea
Gold Member
OMG, you wouldn't believe the mess of my order that came in today!! Thank goodness I have all my orders sent to me and not the host. The lids from the 5pce set broken, two stones broken, boxes were ripped open. Even the dip mix boxes are dented. I think maybe somebody played football with the boxes:mad: This sucks cause now I will have to replace everything!

I'd call the home office tonight and let them know. This is highly unusual! I can't even remember the last time I had a host (or me when the order is shipped to me) report that something was broken. I know some people seem to have more problems than others with these orders. Call them tonight and hopefully they can process the replacements and ship them tomorrow. Good luck!:eek:

I'd just let the home office know that the entire shipment was unacceptable. Take pictures of the boxes, too, to show the damage. If they have to pursue a claim against UPS, they may ask you for evidence of the damage.

Wow! That is a total shame. I agree with Ann, call them and tell them the whole thing is a mess. Who knows what other damage that kind of shipment caused that you haven't even found yet. You wouldn't want your customers to discover something wrong later on. What a headache! Sorry that happened to you! Fortunately (knock on wood) I haven't had to deal with that since we live in Illinois and our boxes really don't have time to get beat up like that. Let us know how it goes and what HO says to do.
~Kristen

You need to save the boxes. It is the only way they can pose a claim against UPS. I learned that from experience.

I had an order come in that wasn't in good shape. First thing I did was grab the camera. I didn't file anything with home office since nothing was broken - but I wasn't going to take any chances.

I had an order stolen once off of my hosts front porch! UPS showed it delivered. I called HO and they replaced the order immediately.

We are lucky to have such a great head office and that they replace broken items right away, it's just if I were to have had it delivered to the host it would be such a pain. It sucks now but at least head office is going to fix the problem.
You really had to of seen the box, it was like something off of a comedy show. The mini loaf pan is in about 20pce. The honing tool was right out of the box it came in, it was like somebody had ransacked the box:eek:

kristenskitchen said:
Fortunately (knock on wood) I haven't had to deal with that since we live in Illinois and our boxes really don't have time to get beat up like that.
I would agree with that. I rarely have anything broken in my shipments....to me or to my hosts. It only makes one or two short trips once it goes from PC to UPS. I suppose that's another benefit to living so close to the HO, as well as the fact that it's usually so fast!

pamperedbecky said:
I would agree with that. I rarely have anything broken in my shipments....to me or to my hosts. It only makes one or two short trips once it goes from PC to UPS. I suppose that's another benefit to living so close to the HO, as well as the fact that it's usually so fast!

It takes between 14-18 days to receive my orders..........so now the host and guests will have to wait another 14-18 days to get there things!

pamperedbecky said:

I live close, too. Shipments get to me in about 12 hours after leaving the HO warehouse.

HOWEVER, I still regularly receive boxes with broken items, boxes that are beat up so badly they have ripped open, and boxes where you can tell everything got tossed around pretty badly.

Of course UPS is at fault for some of this, but our warehouse needs to do a MUCH better job at packing and sealing our boxes. I just received a supply order last week and the box wasn't even taped shut. With the weight of 100 catalogs, the ONE strip of tabpe box had split open and UPS just tucked the flaps in so the box would stay shut and the contents would stay inside.

Don't even get me started about receiving the wrong items....

I spoke with a supervisor at the Solution Center and I got the impression that there was nothing SHE could do to affect the way the warehouse is doing things. Another Cheffer suggested contacting our Sales Managers and I am contemplating doing that soon. Or my NED.

Last edited:

What does "Order Smashed and Broken" mean?

"Order Smashed and Broken" refers to the status of an order that has been damaged during shipping or delivery. This could include items that are broken, smashed, or otherwise unusable.

What should I do if my order arrives smashed or broken?

If your order arrives in a damaged state, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive a replacement or refund for the damaged items.

How does Pampered Chef handle damaged orders?

At Pampered Chef, we take great care to package and ship our products in a way that minimizes the risk of damage. However, in the rare event that an order arrives damaged, we will work with you to provide a replacement or refund for the affected items.

Can I return a damaged item for a refund?

If your order arrives damaged, you have the option to receive a replacement or a refund for the affected item(s). Our customer service team will work with you to determine the best course of action based on the specific circumstances of your order.

How can I prevent my order from being smashed or broken during shipping?

To minimize the risk of damage during shipping, we recommend selecting our expedited shipping option, which includes additional packaging materials and careful handling. Additionally, be sure to check the package carefully upon delivery and contact us immediately if you notice any damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Back