• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions, Please! (I Know There's Some Here, Lol!)

In summary, some of us are considering going to see the Blueman Group, the Color Purple, and Wicked in Chicago. Anyone have any other recommendations?
lacychef
OK, just curious if any of you have done any of the shows in Chicago. My cluster is thinking of going to one Sunday.....can anyone give suggestions??
We've talked about the Blueman Group, the Color Purple, and Wicked (I know KG has seen that one)......anyone seen these?
Or can you recommend anything else to do? We've done the Mag Mile, Navy Pier, Sears Tower, & Shedd Aquarium the past 2 years....what else do we HAVE to do???

I'd vote for the Color Purple or Wicked

When I travel, I like to eat my way through a city. I'm sure a few of us could suggest some good restaurants.

I saw Blue Man Group in Boston! They are a lot of fun and I highly recommend seeing them at least once. My mom saw Wicked and absolutely loved it!!!

Go and see Wicked!! My dh took me for my birthday and it was fantastic!! I would see it again in a heartbeat!!

I haven't seen any but my brother took all his subordinates at work to the Blue Man Group and they had a blast!

Chicago is my home town and love it... so much to see and do, I could go on and on.

Its a very diverse place so depending on what culture interests you and what you like to do, there's something for you here.

As for shows, Wicked is a great one to see!

As for other sights, here are some suggestions:
John Han****
Lincoln Park Zoo/Conservatory
Chicago's Chinatown
Maxwell Street Market
Wrigleyville

As for restaurants, I write for a Chicago Restaurant Site and am a member of a large Chicago food community so if there's anything specific you're interested in foodwise, I'll definitely have a recommendation for you!

Joelen said:
Chicago is my home town and love it... so much to see and do, I could go on and on.

Its a very diverse place so depending on what culture interests you and what you like to do, there's something for you here.

As for shows, Wicked is a great one to see!

John Han****
Chicago's Chinatown
Maxwell Street Market
Wrigleyville

As for restaurants, I write for a Chicago Restaurant Site and am a member of a large Chicago food community so if there's anything specific you're interested in foodwise, I'll definitely have a recommendation for you!

I did a musical at a church in Chinatown about 10 years ago. We walked down the street and ate at a great restaurant next to a big parking lot.

They had onion pancakes which I thought sounded gross, but they were SOOOOOO good!

Joelen said:
John Han****
Chicago's Chinatown
Maxwell Street Market
Wrigleyville

As the mom of a 3 yo, I think the LPZ really sucks. Yes, it's free, but the exhibits are horrible. If you live in a metropolitan area and have a zoo near you, it's probably better than LPZ. The only cool thing about LPZ is the farm.

DebbieJ said:
As the mom of a 3 yo, I think the LPZ really sucks. Yes, it's free, but the exhibits are horrible. If you live in a metropolitan area and have a zoo near you, it's probably better than LPZ. The only cool thing about LPZ is the farm.

Lol - its great if you want something to do for cheap... but I agree, the exhibits aren't really all that great. I still enjoy the ape/gorilla house though. :)

Next door is the conservatory which is a nice little stroll for those that like greenery.

I vote for Wicked.. can't go wrong with anything Oz-like!

As for other stuff, I avoid things like chain restaurants and shops that I have here at home. Probably why I am not a big Navy Pier fan. Do make an effort to get up to Michigan Ave and hit Filene's. Then again, I am a cosmetic junkie so I check out Nordstroms, and the Bare Escentual shop at WaterTower. There is a Sur La Table west of Michigan Ave, I think on or around Oak Street, that I like to stop in. Plus there is a little 2 story hair product/etc store around there, too.

I am up for more suggestions for shopping. And food... I have to say, the Cheesecake Factory is off limits for me. First the chair thing, and second, the mashed potato omelet. Way too tempting and yes, I could eat the whole thing! I generally just start talking to shop clerks and others and ask for suggestions.

Another great chicago resource for restaurants is a site I'm active with.... LTHFORUM.com

This site is full of culinary professionals, hard core food enthusiasts and everyday people who love to share their opinions on food. Feel free to check it out.

Another one is Chicagofoodies.com - which I submit reviews for.

PamperChefCarol said:
I vote for Wicked.. can't go wrong with anything Oz-like!

As for other stuff, I avoid things like chain restaurants and shops that I have here at home. Probably why I am not a big Navy Pier fan. Do make an effort to get up to Michigan Ave and hit Filene's. Then again, I am a cosmetic junkie so I check out Nordstroms, and the Bare Escentual shop at WaterTower. There is a Sur La Table west of Michigan Ave, I think on or around Oak Street, that I like to stop in. Plus there is a little 2 story hair product/etc store around there, too.

I am up for more suggestions for shopping. And food... I have to say, the Cheesecake Factory is off limits for me. First the chair thing, and second, the mashed potato omelet. Way too tempting and yes, I could eat the whole thing! I generally just start talking to shop clerks and others and ask for suggestions.

Chicago has too many GREAT restaurants to resort to chains!

Thanks girls--keep 'em coming!
Any particular restaurants to recommend that aren't too far from the Sheraton? I've done the Cheesecake Factory, & Bubba Gump's, & last year at Weber's Grill.....I think our group loves all food, lol!

Our cluster has reservations for a SeaDogs Fireworks cruise on Wed. night. Sounds like fun! We're also doing the Cheesecake Factory, and pizza. Don't know what else. I would LOVE to see a show. Thought an improv. club would be a blast too!

Baisi Thai (Thai & Japanese)
900 N Michigan Ave # 6
http://www.baisithaichicago.com/

Fox & Obel Food Market (gourmet food shop)
401 E. Illinois Street
http://www.foxandobel.com/

PJ Clarkes (American)
302 E. Illinois
http://www.pjclarkeschicago.com/

West Egg (breakfast)
620 N Fairbanks Ct

Volare
201 E Grand
http://www.volarerestaurant.com/

This might be a fun dinner -- I think I saw this on that $40 A Day show.

Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago

Welcome to the CHIC Café. Witness our students in action as they prepare for the culinary world. Our servers are students furthering their knowledge of hospitality operations. Meals are prepared by students who have completed most of their culinary curriculum. Dining in the café is an enjoyable and delicious experience. In order to further educate our students, we welcome any comments or suggestions our patrons can offer. Customer feedback enables us to surpass our mission: "Prepare students to fulfill their career aspirations and to meet the needs of the food service industry through quality culinary, pastry arts, hospitality and general education curriculum of higher education."

Café Hours:
Lunch seven days a week
12pm-1pm

Friday & Saturday Night for Dinner
7pm-8pm

Café price:
Lunch- $15.00
Dinner- $25.00

Reservations are strongly recommended. The café is occasionally closed for large parties or school breaks. A reservation will confirm that we are open and have availability. Call (312)873-2032 to make reservations.

BTW, we saw Wicked. . .great show. Lovely theatre. It's the whole package.

I remember Rachel Ray eating there too!
It's official....Chicago just has too much to offer!

For those of you with little girls who love dolls check out The American Girl Doll store. Little pricey, but makes for great present to bring home to the little girl.
I also vote for Wicked or blue man. There are always great improv in the smaller theatres too.

I looked up Wicked and show-times are Tues., Wed,. & Thurs at 7:30, and Sun. at 2:00. Cheapest seats look like $32-$37. Looks like that's out at Sun. is our only night free. :(

sillylittlechef said:
There are always great improv in the smaller theatres too.

Really want to try to check this out.

Related to Opinions, Please! (I Know There's Some Here, Lol!)

1. Can I give my honest opinion about a product?

Yes, we encourage our customers to give their honest opinions about our products. Your feedback helps us improve and provide the best possible products for our customers.

2. Is there a specific format for sharing my opinion?

No, you can share your opinions in any way you feel comfortable – whether it's through a written review, photos, or videos. We value all forms of feedback from our customers.

3. Are there any guidelines for giving opinions?

We ask that you keep your opinions respectful and constructive. Personal attacks or inappropriate language will not be tolerated. We want to create a positive and helpful community for everyone.

4. Can I change or update my opinion after submitting it?

Unfortunately, once an opinion has been submitted, it cannot be edited or changed. However, you can always leave a new opinion if your thoughts or experiences with the product have changed.

5. Will my opinion be shared publicly?

Yes, all opinions submitted will be visible to the public. This allows other customers to see a variety of perspectives and make informed decisions about our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies