• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Old Inactives and New Career Plan

In summary, Need help with this:I have two consultants from last year who never qualified.One signed in June and turned in $179 in sales in Nov and thats it.The other signed in August and turned in $312 in sales in Sept and thats it.Will they reactivate under the new career plan if they never qualified?if not when will they no longer be consultants, 12 months after they last turned in sales or 6.Thanks for the help.I was told, but don't know where it is in writing (I think the Q&A on CC), that anyone who
Need help with this: I have two consultants from last year who never qualified. One signed in June and turned in $179 in sales in Nov and thats it. The other signed in August and turned in $312 in sales in Sept and thats it. Will they reactivate under the new career plan if they never qualified? if not when will they no longer be consultants, 12 months after they last turned in sales or 6. Thanks for the help.

I was told, but don't know where it is in writing (I think the Q&A on CC), that anyone who is inactive up to 11 months under the new plan will start at month one of inactive in the new plan. They have until October to submit again without buying a kit again - or conversely, to sign with someone else.

ETA: Here it is. Quoted from the FAQ on CC.

"What happens to a Consultant who is already inactive under the current career plan?
Consultants who are already inactive under the current career plan (up to 11 months of inactivity), will begin the new career plan on April 1 as though they have zero (0) months of inactivity. This provides a “fresh start” for those wanting to re-engage in their businesses.

These inactive Consultants have already forfeited recruits, career sales and the 2% commission increase, and these will not be re-instated on April 1.

Consecutive months of inactivity under the new career plan (personal commissionable sales of less than $150 in each month) will be counted beginning with April sales, just like all other elements of the new career plan."

Your consultants could submit $200 in any month during the current plan so yes this does hold true for them too. Starting April 1 they will just have to do $150 to reactivate though. That will be easier for some.

Sucks for those waiting to change recruiters. ...sorry but it does!

Thanks Beth. There are so many facets to this new career plan.

bethcooks4u said:
Sucks for those waiting to change recruiters. ...sorry but it does!

I know, but if they waited this long, I don't think waiting a few more months will kill them. Obviously their business isn't that important or of a dire financial need. I guess because I have been through recruiters that I had major difficulties with and eventually stuck it out long enough to see them drop out, I don't feel their pain too much.

Sorry, but I can be a little slow with some of this, will they still re activate even though they never qualified?

cincychef said:
Sorry, but I can be a little slow with some of this, will they still re activate even though they never qualified?

Yes. Once they submit $150 they will be consider "active". They will qualify when they hit $1250. ...now there's where I have a question. Since they joined under the old plan will they "qualify" when they do 4 shows or will it have to be $1250? I know that if they didn't qualify and went inactive you will get the trip points once they have $1250 new lifetime.

They qualify with 4 shows or 1250... whichever comes first. We talked about that this weekend and not necessarily using the word *qualify* because it can sound like they will be *disqualified* if they don't hit the target. So we came up with, "When you do 4 shows or 1250 in sales, whichever comes first, you will qualify for additional benefits." (Like orders on their websites) and being sure to add the "for additional benefits" part to keep it on a positive note.We ONLY get trip points when they do the 1250. HTH!!! :)

finley1991 said:
They qualify with 4 shows or 1250... whichever comes first. We talked about that this weekend and not necessarily using the word *qualify* because it can sound like they will be *disqualified* if they don't hit the target. So we came up with, "When you do 4 shows or 1250 in sales, whichever comes first, you will qualify for additional benefits." (Like orders on their websites) and being sure to add the "for additional benefits" part to keep it on a positive note.

We ONLY get trip points when they do the 1250. HTH!!! :)

Thanks for clearing that up! Makes total sense. We definitely want to stress the 1250 though so we get our points and bonuses and THEY get the bonus PC$$ and whatever incentive might be there for them too!

bethcooks4u said:
Thanks for clearing that up! Makes total sense. We definitely want to stress the 1250 though so we get our points and bonuses and THEY get the bonus PC$$ and whatever incentive might be there for them too!

I agree! I loved telling people at the retreat this past weekend that Deb qualified her new recruit in her first show!!!!!!

Just wondering on this... (and I know this is going to sound like a word problem!) if a TEAM Leader has 1 SC and 6 other active consultants, and the SC promotes to Director, will the Team Leader jump right to Advanced without being a Director? As an Advanced, we just need 1 1st generation director and at least 4 active lines... none of which need to be SC or TLs (knowing we would want them anyway). But just wondering... :confused:

Colleen - I think your scenario is one where the TL would lose her D to her upline Director. I think??? I think the only way to lose anyone on your team is if they promote to D befoer you or if you lose your directorship, the Ds under you would roll-up. make sense?

pamperedlinda said:
Colleen - I think your scenario is one where the TL would lose her D to her upline Director. I think??? I think the only way to lose anyone on your team is if they promote to D befoer you or if you lose your directorship, the Ds under you would roll-up. make sense?

But then if her sales meet the requirements for AD why wouldn't she promote? If her team and her first generation are selling $12,000, she has $750 personally and a director she's an AD. Any month she doesn't submit enough or if her D doesn't meet the requirements that month she's paid as a TL.

If the D meets her requirements for 3 months in a row but the AD doesn't meet her total requirements for 3 months in a row THEN the D would bypass.

It is a word puzzle!

Thanks Linda and Beth... Beth has it right... I wasn't asking about losing a Director, actually, I was asking about a downline TL that I have that is going to promote... I was just wondering if she had a TL of her own that promoted as well, would she bump to advanced without being a director.

finley1991 said:
Thanks Linda and Beth...

Beth has it right... I wasn't asking about losing a Director, actually, I was asking about a downline TL that I have that is going to promote... I was just wondering if she had a TL of her own that promoted as well, would she bump to advanced without being a director.

My answer would be yes. I believe if all the stars are alligned we can skip a level in the new program. Of course, I have been wrong before...

Yep - you are right - I was hung-up on the 2 SC thing to maintain directorship. Dang, this is confusing!

pamperedlinda said:
Yep - you are right - I was hung-up on the 2 SC thing to maintain directorship. Dang, this is confusing!

Well, it's not a bad thing to have that in your head because if you are an AD and don't have the 2 SC in place at all times, if you 1st generation D doesn't hit her requirements, you will get paid as a TL and not a D.

I'm sure it will all start to be clearer when we are actually IN the new program.

Thanks for all the extra info, you are really helping me get my head around the new career plan!

It's just like booking and recruiting. Use the concept of MORE. The more shows you have the more contacts you have the more shows you will get the more leads you will get the more recruits you will get the more team members you will have the more of those that will have recruits themselves the more SC & TL you'll have.

I think we concentrate too much on the minimums. If we are always striving to get more stars on our teams we won't have to worry about losing anything.

Great tip from my upline. For those who submit $200 every other month now...the new requirement we are telling consultants are submit one show a month. Then they are sure to hit the $150 and if they submit more...oh well, they benefit with a higher pay check!!

bethcooks4u said:
Yes. Once they submit $150 they will be consider "active". They will qualify when they hit $1250. ...now there's where I have a question. Since they joined under the old plan will they "qualify" when they do 4 shows or will it have to be $1250? I know that if they didn't qualify and went inactive you will get the trip points once they have $1250 new lifetime.

I have experience with the qualifying thing. I signed a new recruit on Feb. 1 (still under the old plan). She submitted 4 shows by Feb. 28th, but her sales were only at $1038 for all 4. She didn't qualify until she submitted another show pushing her sales over $1250. Which sucked! I didn't know that they had switched it starting Jan. 1st. So she missed out on her 30 day bonuses, which she was working for because we were both working under the 4 shows or $1250 rule which is no more.

Everyone has to submit $1250 to qualify no matter when they signed.

I signed in the dark ages...9 years ago!! You had to have 6 hosts willing to host parties. You are right though, we have to get the details right and there are many of them.

I have a question I wanted to make sure I'm answering right in my head. I have a consultant who last submitted $200 during the month of February. As of April 1st, she started off the new career plan as an active consultant, right? She has no sales to submit during April. She could request a waiver for this month because she did have some medical stuff going on, but I think it doesn't make sense for her to do that because she would only be at risk of losing her career sales if she doesn't submit anything in May, right? Because that would be her 2nd consecutive month of submitting nothing.

If I get this correctly, it makes more sense for her to just try to get $150 in sales in May and not "waste" one of the 3 months in a rolling 12 month period that she can request a sales waiver for one month.

Is this how you all understand it? I'm meeting with her tomorrow to brainstorm about jump starting her business again and I don't know if I'll have time to call HO to clarify. Thanks!

pamperedbecky said:
I have a question I wanted to make sure I'm answering right in my head. I have a consultant who last submitted $200 during the month of February. As of April 1st, she started off the new career plan as an active consultant, right? She has no sales to submit during April. She could request a waiver for this month because she did have some medical stuff going on, but I think it doesn't make sense for her to do that because she would only be at risk of losing her career sales if she doesn't submit anything in May, right? Because that would be her 2nd consecutive month of submitting nothing.

If I get this correctly, it makes more sense for her to just try to get $150 in sales in May and not "waste" one of the 3 months in a rolling 12 month period that she can request a sales waiver for one month.

Is this how you all understand it? I'm meeting with her tomorrow to brainstorm about jump starting her business again and I don't know if I'll have time to call HO to clarify. Thanks!

She does start the new plan "fresh" as an active consultant. There are no more waivers (if there were, I wouldn't have a mad consultant!) and yes I would wait until May 1st to submit $150. When they don't submit the required $150 2 months in a row, they are inactive.

Hope that answers your questions.

You can request one waiver in a rolling 12 months under the new plan but there are no retroactive waivers.

Ok thanks! They may not be called "waivers" anymore, but I thought there was a way that something similar could be requested, but only on a one-month basis and no more than 3 in a 12 month period. One of these days I'll get this all figured out.:eek:

Thanks, Beth!

pamperedbecky said:
Ok thanks! They may not be called "waivers" anymore, but I thought there was a way that something similar could be requested, but only on a one-month basis and no more than 3 in a 12 month period. One of these days I'll get this all figured out.:eek:

Thanks, Beth!

I'm pretty sure it's just one in 12 months not 3.

ETA:

According to the consultant policy guice (p. 28): A consultant my request a one-month extension. This extension is available once every rolling 12 months.

Then on p. 29: a director can get 2 grace months in a rolling 12 months. She must meet personal cluster sales and structure. It's used if she doesn't have the personal sales that month.

Also an FYI -- I have an inactive consultant (she has been inactive for sometime now, but started over again in March).

She is submitting a show by the end of April to be active again, but has a recruit who wants to sign by April 30 for the incentive DCB.

So I called HO Career Solutions last night and found out that an Inactive Consultant CAN sign a recruit -- this is one of the things that changed with the new plan.

What is the "Old Inactives and New Career Plan"?

The "Old Inactives and New Career Plan" is a program designed by Pampered Chef to help inactive consultants get back into the business and to provide new opportunities for career advancement.

Who is eligible for the "Old Inactives and New Career Plan"?

Any consultant who has been inactive for at least 6 months and has not placed an order or held a party during that time is eligible for the program. New consultants who have not yet met the minimum sales requirements may also participate.

What are the benefits of participating in the "Old Inactives and New Career Plan"?

By participating in the program, consultants can get their business back on track and start earning income again. They will also have access to training and support to help them grow their business and reach their goals.

How do I enroll in the "Old Inactives and New Career Plan"?

To enroll, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant support team or your upline leader. They will guide you through the enrollment process and provide you with all the necessary information and resources.

What is the cost of participating in the "Old Inactives and New Career Plan"?

There is no cost to participate in the program. However, you will need to meet certain sales and activity requirements to maintain your active status and continue receiving the benefits of the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • CoidgigBese
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Becca_in_MD