• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oct 28Th Mercury Went Retrograde!

In summary, Ann's husband has created spice blends (like Emeril's Essences) which are based on astrology...Fire, Water, Earth, Air (designed for each astrological sign). For instance, Water, which is great when used on fish is for Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces, etc. Ann is also working on a mini-catalog with information about her services (booking, recruiting, customer care). Mercury is in retrograde, causing problems with communication. Trish and I are both pisces and are experiencing lots of weird stuff, along with difficulty in getting bookings or recruits. Sonja just had her birthday and is awaiting a heart transplant.
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's a safe policy but I'll bring it up some other time.
Sounds like you don't need those "specialty" products. :DWhat can I say, 12 years of Catholic school twisted me a little.

mom2leelee said:
Rhonda - Totally off topic but I share a b-day w/ you!!
Was this a leap year? Everyone asks me if I could have been born on the 29th. No it was an odd year (just like me!)

chefann said:
What can I say, 12 years of Catholic school twisted me a little.
I hadn't noticed.

Mark a note on your calendar for November 17Mark a note on your calendar for November 17. In fact, circle it in red! Four important transits occur on that day. First, practical considerations become extra important as the Sun squares responsible Saturn. Yet you are likely to feel itchy for some excitement with Venus entering nomadic Sagittarius. The action planet Mars squares mystical Neptune, and Mercury finally turns direct. Whew -- that's a lot for one day!

AJPratt said:
Mark a note on your calendar for November 17. In fact, circle it in red! Four important transits occur on that day. First, practical considerations become extra important as the Sun squares responsible Saturn. Yet you are likely to feel itchy for some excitement with Venus entering nomadic Sagittarius. The action planet Mars squares mystical Neptune, and Mercury finally turns direct. Whew -- that's a lot for one day!

Okay the date is circled. I've read this post. Now what should I do (or not do) on the 17th?

chefjeanine said:
Okay the date is circled. I've read this post. Now what should I do (or not do) on the 17th?

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking, can't wait to see the answer.

I want to know that also. Should we be afraid of the 17th? I know I have had the most pathetic customer turn out in years this month!

Or, should I have an open house that day! Just kidding, I am doing nothing out of the ordinary until the 18th. I am now a beginning to read my horoscope in the paper...

rhon228 said:
Was this a leap year? Everyone asks me if I could have been born on the 29th. No it was an odd year (just like me!)

Not a leap year here either (1979). When I was little I always wished I was born on a leap year, I just thought that would be so cool! LOL:rolleyes:

While people speak of Mercury Retrograde periods that screw up computers and television sets, today's astrologers believe the mishaps happen in more personal realms (Uranus is the planet that rules television and computers). Mercury rules communication, but more informal communications, like writing, speaking, short shopping sprees and other erranding endeavors. So, while Mercury is Retrograde, don't give that party, be extra aware of what you say and what you interpret when chatting with or writing to friends, cut back on errands, expect that the check will be in the mail longer than usual. Since the car is usually used for shopping and errands, don't be surprised if the battery wire loosens or the fan belt snaps just when you have rush out for that one ingredient you forgot to buy.

The good things to do when Mercury is Retrograde: meditate, contemplate, edit the book/poem/song/essay you've been writing, clean house, talk to your pet, listen to music, paint, catch up on sleep! Just hang tight! We ARE in the home stretch! As far as Friday goes, just ride it out.

Last edited:
Are things changing for anyone? I've been picking up some more December shows.

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

My shows are finally starting to close! I have time to catch up on the house and we are actually having a night out with friends that I can make without rushing! I am actually looking forward to making calls!

Jennie4PC said:
I read this and figured maybe that is why my kids are acting so crazy!
OK I don't know about all of this but within the last three weeks my 15 yr old son (gemini like me) who previously never did anything really nutso. But 2 wks ago he was whacking weeds with his hunting knife and you guessed it he whacked (really just filleted) his thumb :eek: taking off the left third of his nail and requiring three stitches to close between his knuckle and nailbed. Then a week ago yesterday while I went into store he thought hmmmm I wonder if I can start the Durango with a paperclip. Nope cant do that... it got stuck. :mad: $340.00 repair/towing bill. I'm sure a valuable lesson learned. The poor kid beat himself up all week. The night it happened Dad came home (works/lives out of town) to prepare for hunting season opener the next day to that wonderful news ... sat down for dinner and his crown/tooth broke off. :( Thankfully it already had a root canal done. Not a good day. But all in all could have been MUCH worse. I know that all things work together for good to those who love God. Admittingly though it has been crazy.

I think God has a sense of humor sometimes! Some of the things that happen to me I just look up to the sky and say, "I hope you're enjoying this!"

AJPratt said:
Mark a note on your calendar for November 17. In fact, circle it in red! Four important transits occur on that day. First, practical considerations become extra important as the Sun squares responsible Saturn. Yet you are likely to feel itchy for some excitement with Venus entering nomadic Sagittarius. The action planet Mars squares mystical Neptune, and Mercury finally turns direct. Whew -- that's a lot for one day!
It's November 18. The four transits yesteday were a good thing for Jim Tressel. They weren't so good for Lloyd Kerr.

If you're a Buckeye, you're happy.

If you're a Wolverine, you're not so happy.

If you're just a fan, you had a very entertaining day.

I wonder what Woody and Bo are doing right now?

BTW: Forgot to mention this... Mercury went retrograde on Feb 14th... it returns direct March 8. Good luck!

What does that mean again Anne? Everything is out of whack?

Thanks Anne! That's what I thought but I really didn't want to read through all of those threads again! :p

AJPratt said:
BTW: Forgot to mention this... Mercury went retrograde on Feb 14th... it returns direct March 8. Good luck!
Good thing I have a Ford and not a Mercury.

But I have a Mercury! And two Lincolns...

Hi Anne,

This time the opposite has happened! CRAZY OPPOSITE! Last time I had shows cancelling and being insanely low in sales with no bookings! From the 15th-20th I did six shows with good sales( should end up great) and lots of bookings!

Now, I need to find the time that works with my host to close them. One emailed me that she can't tonight because it's Ash Wedneday. Huh? I'm the one that's Catholic. I wonder if she knows something I don't? I think she just wants to wait until Friday when she gets paid. With double points I cannot wait to close these on the 9th.

I am going to read up on it from your link...

I've never really gotten onto the whole astrology thing (I do know I am a Leo, which does explain my stubborness and hardheadedness). Here is how i look at things: I step out in faith, and let God do the rest. Easy as pie!

chefann said:
But I have a Mercury! And two Lincolns...
Did you know that 67% or upper level Japanese executive have cataracts?

The rest all have Rincolns.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Did you know that 67% or upper level Japanese executive have cataracts?

The rest all have Rincolns.

I just fell off my chair...

That was funny. :D

Chefgirl2 said:
Now, I need to find the time that works with my host to close them. One emailed me that she can't tonight because it's Ash Wedneday. Huh? I'm the one that's Catholic. I wonder if she knows something I don't? I think she just wants to wait until Friday when she gets paid. With double points I cannot wait to close these on the 9th.
I bet she's going to mass this evening.

hmmm... that reminds me.... gotta pull out all the meatless recipes. :)

chefann said:
I bet she's going to mass this evening.

hmmm... that reminds me.... gotta pull out all the meatless recipes. :)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ee/Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg/180px-Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ee/Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg/180px-Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg
HATED that commercial! My mom wouldn't go to Wendy's for YEARS after that commercial came out, she hated it so much.

Since Wendy's is directly responsible for my main source of income, I can't really say much - but that was one of the most effective spots they're run in years. Well, okay, except for the Dave spots, which are kinda tough to do because he has a tough zip code now. I also always liked the late-night raccoon spot far more than what they're running now.I do have a soft spot for the kid between two girls in the back seat of the '65 Ford - I learned to drive in a '65 Ford sedan like that one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • heat123