• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oct 28Th Mercury Went Retrograde!

In summary, Ann's husband has created spice blends (like Emeril's Essences) which are based on astrology...Fire, Water, Earth, Air (designed for each astrological sign). For instance, Water, which is great when used on fish is for Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces, etc. Ann is also working on a mini-catalog with information about her services (booking, recruiting, customer care). Mercury is in retrograde, causing problems with communication. Trish and I are both pisces and are experiencing lots of weird stuff, along with difficulty in getting bookings or recruits. Sonja just had her birthday and is awaiting a heart transplant.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I don't know how many believe astrology, but I do. Right now, Mercury is retrograde (appearing to be moving backwards) and that being the planet of communication, is causing me LOTS of problems, all from out of nowhere. Planning, communication, technology, and travel are affected by this change. Anyone else have lots of weird stuff happening or stupid arguments with her DH? I can't wait until November 18th, when it turns direct! I hope things will be better!

Here's some info: http://www.moonalert.com/merc_retrograde.htm

Ann,

I agree with you. My husband, a "Sag" chef, has created spice blends (like Emeril's Essences) which are based on astrology...Fire, Water, Earth, Air (designed for each astrological sign). For instance, Water, which is great when used on fish is for Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces, etc. We're making gift packs for our doctor's Christmas "gift list." (I have samples I can mail if you'd like to try one of the blends -- they're $2.00). It's been hard getting conversations going about this and PC stuff, too!! I, a very fluent Pisces, feel very tongue-tied !! I'll be glad when it changes. It's affecting my booking and recruiting abilities!!

Do you have any suggestions about how to overcome this? I feel like I'm floundering (no pun intended). I can't seem to "close the deal" on getting people to book or to sign as recruits? What am I doing wrong?

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

I am right there with you! As a fellow pisces, I swear I really AM swimming to two different directions! EVERYTHING is a HUGE misunderstanding. Instead of getting bookings, although I REALLY want them, I have shifted my focus a bit and I am focusing on customer care, the bookings will come.

A 3rd pisces in the boat with you ladies. I gave out over 25 recruit packets in Oct. NO RECRUITS, yet!

My sign is Cancer. No wonder why my Oct. sucked!! :rolleyes: I had 2 shows cancel and one host MIA. I am looking forward to Nov. Thanks Anne with the info..:)

And another pisces here going through many of the same things.

I am thinking of sending out a holiday mini-catalog with the following two documents to my list of 100, plus guests and hosts this past year, potential recruits, etc. Do you think it will generate business? Or, should I try something else? I've been getting on the phone a lot but can't seem to "close the deal" (get bookings or get recruits).

Trish

Attachments

• Friday after Thanksgiving Sale.doc
    97.5 KB · Views: 396
  • Fall Recruiting Postcard.doc
    209.5 KB · Views: 326
Sending out flyers works IF you follow up. I found that it was easier for me to follow up when I had a reason for the call (Hi, did you by any chance get the flier I sent?).

You and Sonja?

I'm a virgo, hubby a pisces. It's an interesting house!

I have lots of craziness too but prolly b/c it's the week of a major event at my day job!!

lisacb77 said:
I'm a virgo, hubby a pisces. It's an interesting house!

Us too! :cool:

AJPratt said:
You and Sonja?
No, Sonja was born in October of 1929.

We're gemini - both of me.

Roses are red
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I.

I am Aries and my husband is Picsies. Ther eis never a dull moment.:eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, Sonja was born in October of 1929.

We're gemini - both of me.
You are too much!

Sonja just had a birthday last week. I'm getting her a heart transplant.

Its the gift that keeps on giving.

The trouble with a heart transplant for Sonja is that her heart has poured babbit bearings. Modern engines have bronze insert bearings, so to get Sonja's done, I have to find a shop that can make babbit, pour it into her engine mains and rods, then perform a procedure called align boring. It's rapidly becoming a lost art.But if I can get her done, she'll be good for another 35-50,000 miles!

WOW! Sounds complicated!

I'm not worried about Mercury being in retrograde, either.Sonja's not a Mercury, she's a Ford.

My husband and I are both Sagittarius, which is pretty scary. Neither one of us can save a dime, and we both love to go shopping (Kohl's is my weakness).

Had a great October however. Ended up with $1933 in sales. November is shaping up well too. I have 2 kitchen shows, a Mystery host show, and 4 catalog shows.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The trouble with a heart transplant for Sonja is that her heart has poured babbit bearings. Modern engines have bronze insert bearings, so to get Sonja's done, I have to find a shop that can make babbit, pour it into her engine mains and rods, then perform a procedure called align boring.

It's rapidly becoming a lost art.

TKG, have you contacted anyone at Greenfield Village about that? They might know of some places that can do it. And luckily, there's the internet. Search away!

chefann said:
TKG, have you contacted anyone at Greenfield Village about that? They might know of some places that can do it. And luckily, there's the internet. Search away!
The Model A community knows pretty well who's out there - who is good and can be trusted, and who builds engines that are less than...dependable.The guy closest to me has a marginal reputation, some guys have had good luck and some haven't. One of my friends in Kansas City has a reputable builder he uses, so I suspect I'll have to load up Sonja's four-banger and haul it to KC. Which is also a really good excuse to spend some time with my friends down there.(BTW, I do know some folks at HFM&GV. I was a volunteer there in a previous life.)

I read this and figured maybe that is why my kids are acting so crazy!

There's a good chance! Are they worse than normal?

oh yeah I do a preschool with my friend and all the kids were whinny and complaining about everything

AJPratt said:
I am right there with you! As a fellow pisces, I swear I really AM swimming to two different directions! EVERYTHING is a HUGE misunderstanding. Instead of getting bookings, although I REALLY want them, I have shifted my focus a bit and I am focusing on customer care, the bookings will come.
I am a fish, also, but I had a month different from yours (my best ever). Could it be when we were born? I figure I am somewhat midway (28 Feb).:confused:

Rhonda - Totally off topic but I share a b-day w/ you!!

In our house, we have 3 crabs, 2 virgos, and a Sagitarius. Never a dull (or quiet) moment.

My November is falling flat at the moment, but my mother-in-law agreed to hold a show on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It's my SS3, so I'm kind of bummed, but I'm working on it and hope to pull it off before the end of the month.

Here we go: The moon is Full on November 5th at 12:58 GMT! Whatever was planted in the darkness of the New Moon is now coming into the light of day. To learn about this phase and for new articles go to http://moonalert.com/moon.htm.

Speaking of full moons, this thread has nothing to do with the Canadian consultant who was mooned at her show?:confused:

Leave it to you, TKG, to bring that up and make me snort ice water all over my monitor at work!

One more service we graciously provide.

Pisces is starting become a believerI am starting to believe in astrology... I went bezerk last night when my DH was 15 minutes late!!!!! It's all my fault because I had a child over for a playdate with my son without realising the other mom would freak if my very responsible 11 year old babysat for 15 minutes. I had to wait for DH to pull up before I could leave...Grrr..made it to the show 15 minutes before showtime. I am doing the same for tonights show. I am letting my daughter stay all night with a friend tonight...didn't think about what to do with son... Stars please line up soon!

Anne,
I'm a Pisces also. I with ya on the whole Mercury thing, it explains alot from the other night could have sworn I was in the Bermuda Triangle.

bbauman07 said:
Anne,
I'm a Pisces also. I with ya on the whole Mercury thing, it explains alot from the other night could have sworn I was in the Bermuda Triangle.
This has got to be worst! Its probably because of all the added stress.

Ya it was bad. Technology was definitely on the fritz Wednesday night. Register systems weren't working properly, Which of course is my problem since I'm management. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/scared0016.gif and my cell phone (as well as a few of my friends at work) Every time we tried to make or receive a call or text message the phones would turn off.

Talk about a weird night

I was talking to my friend yesterday and she was complaining about her kids being real terrors lately I told her it was because Mercury was in retrograde and that it would go away soon....she said what???? Completely threw her off! That being said, I'm not really in to astrology (I occasionally do read my horoscope though), but I'm really enjoying this thread! BTW, I'm a Libra.

I was never really into it before I met this one lady, who is amazing. I don't want anyone to think I'm a real wacko, but she is psychic. Its uncanny. She comepletely described my brother's basement, including a part that had been walled off. She's never been there. I was telling her about getting freaked out down there when I was last over. Anyway, a lot of the things I have learned from her make sense to me now.

Way to go, Linda!

All is not lost...When Mercury is direct, which is most of our life, things move forward. But once in a while we need to re-evaluate things. That is the usefulness of Mercury retrograde.

Here are some things to keep in mind during the next Mercury retrograde.
Contracts signed during Mercury retrograde can sometimes unravel.
If at all possible, avoid closing big deals, launching new projects, or scheduling meetings to make a big decision during the retrograde.
Allow extra time when traveling.
Backup your hard drive before the retrograde and try to avoid installing new computer software during the retrograde. Do needed repairs on machinery before the retrograde.

Mercury retrograde is an ideal time to do things like:
Research a new project.
Catch up on paperwork.
Do the follow-ups on a project already started.
Hold an information-sharing meeting.
Enjoy someone's wacky sense of humour or the comedy of errors that Mercury retrograde can create.
One thing people try to do is plan their life around Mercury’s course. This is missing the point a little and can waste unnecessary energy. It is more about simply being aware of the sublte change of energies and taking advantage of them. It’s a bit like surfing: take advantage of the waves when they are there, relax if they are not.

AJPratt said:
<snip>Mercury retrograde is an ideal time to do things like:
<snip>Enjoy someone's wacky sense of humour or the comedy of errors that Mercury retrograde can create.
<snip>
I don't need Mercury to be in retrogade for this one - my life has been a comedy of errors from the beginning and I've always been on the trailing edge of technology.

I'm a carburetor in a fuel-injected world.

My favorite movies are on Beta.

My favorite music is on vinyl or 8-track tape.

I'm an 8" floppy in a flash-drive world.

Sigh. I'm just a pair of brown shoes with a tuxedo.

Leave your floppy out of this!

AJPratt said:
Leave your floppy out of this!
:rolleyes: story of my life. :(

8inchlg.jpg

I can forward you some spam about taking care of that floppy!

Nah, thanks for thinking of my upgrade to a bigger hard drive but I get about 40 such offers everyday.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nah, thanks for thinking of my upgrade to a bigger hard drive but I get about 40 such offers everyday.
Me, too. I never knew people cared so much.

There's something kinda Freudian in there, isn't there?I last emptied my spam folder on Monday, Oct 23. There are now 892 messages in there. Most of them are trying to sell me watches, telling me to buy from a cheaper pharmacy, refinance my house, get a mortgage, or get the girls to stand in line after I take their pills and use their cream to um, enhance my, er, self.Some of the subject lines are kind of entertaining with intentional misspellings, unintentional misspellings, bad grammar (Important message, you must should to read) 2K(8&^$$32NM#$%! or the like.

I have never put a whole lot into astrology... BUT, things have been so out of whack lately.My son is a terror. The whole family is sick right now. I had a show cancel and my show on Friday was a flop. I was a mess the whole time.I have things that I was supposed to mail out to another host and TOTALLY FORGOT! That's so not like me! I have had problems with the phone even working, with trying to leave messages for people... people who I know have VM, for some reason they aren't getting my messages. My DH is included in that one... Everything has just been so weird. I have no get up and go. I have NO IDEA if any of this has to do with mercury in retrograde, but I want to crawl under the covers and wake up in 2007!! :) Ok, thanks for letting me babble! :)

Jay: Just see what happens after the 18th. Bet things clear up!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There's something kinda Freudian in there, isn't there?
I admit nothing.

That's a safe policy but I'll bring up it some other time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • heat123