• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

NYC Bliss: Tasting Zaro's Black & White Cookies!

In summary, the guy at work who is from New York brought in Black and White cookies from Zaro's and I am in heaven. I do like the costco ones better, but the B&W cookies sounds yummy. I am sure they do not compare though. The cookies from Zaro's are DELIGHTFUL and grew up on them.
ughubug
A guy at my work who is from New York brought in Black and White cookies from Zaro's!!!! I am in heaven...This time last year I was in NYC for my first time! :balloon:

B&W cookies sounds yummy, I do like the costco ones...I am sure they do not compare though....

DH works in NY, so maybe I'll tell him to get me some!

Enjoy your little piece of heaven!

Our costco doesn't have B&W's must be a regional thing :)

Our Costco does not have them & I'm IN NYC!....;)

Well Okay then...Maybe only Jersey gets them to keep them out :) HeHe, J/K They are DELIGHTful!

They really are, grew up on them...:D

ughubug said:
A guy at my work who is from New York brought in Black and White cookies from Zaro's!!!! I am in heaven...This time last year I was in NYC for my first time! :balloon:

Wow, I can't believe that you can't get Black N White cookies? Nothing like NY bagels!! :love: Everytime I go to visit my dad in SC, I have to bring some NY Bagels. :chef:

letscook04 said:
Wow, I can't believe that you can't get Black N White cookies? Nothing like NY bagels!! :love: Everytime I go to visit my dad in SC, I have to bring some NY Bagels. :chef:

I am in Reno, NV. Last trip to Vegas I found one that was EXCELLENT, no doubt the pastry chef at Green Valley Ranch Resort knew what was up :)

OK, for us small-town girls; what is a black & white cookie?:confused:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A "Half-Moon" cookie is a dessert iced on one half with vanilla fondant, and on the other half by dark chocolate fondant. The base is comprised of a soft, sponge cake-like shortbread with a hint of lemon.

The black and white cookie is often seen as a peculiarly "New York" snack, cemented by its appearance in the Seinfeld episode "The Dinner Party", in which Jerry Seinfeld bases his philosophy of race relations on the cookie, saying "look to the cookie."

The black and white cookie also goes by the name half-moon cake in Central New York and in New England. It is believed that Hemstrought's Bakery in Utica, New York was the first worldwide to create this dessert.
Image:BandW.jpg

Attachments

• BandW.jpg
    BandW.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 303
Its like cake and cookie and fudgey and vanilla-ey goodness :)

Check out this site I just found...

http://www.zaro.com/page/ZBB/CTGY/cookies

I used to live walking distance to Zaro's. Love black and whites!

lacychef said:
OK, for us small-town girls; what is a black & white cookie?:confused:

Oh, I will have to mail you one!! LOL

wow, you New Yorker's are serious about your cookies, LOL! Gotta love a good cookie though, even if you're on a diet:p

No doubt Lacy!! Who said cookies aren't on diets? LOL

I'll send you a box if you'd like, Costco style, so you know its a lot. LOL

I grew up in New Jersey and love black and white cookies. This past summer we had a lay over at Newark on our way home to England, and I found a bakery that had them. I bought several and they stood up pretty well till the next day shoved into my carry on. They are so yummy, now I am craving one!

Mmmmm...all this talk about cookies!
I have seen these cookies on the food network, but never had the opportunity to taste one!
I wanna go to New York!
Maybe that can be a trip destination next year with PC...NYC and a tour of a bunch of cool "foodie" places with to die for food! Black and Whites must be on the list! LOL

Oh yes, we have great "foodie" places - Pizza, bagels just to name a few - one you try them here - they never taste better anywhere else!! Come on Over to NY!!

PamperedDor said:
Oh yes, we have great "foodie" places - Pizza, bagels just to name a few - one you try them here - they never taste better anywhere else!! Come on Over to NY!!

Junior's Cheesecake to name another famous one.

Junior's Cheesecake really is THE BEST...From the plain old style to anything you could ever imagine could be done with Cheesecake!!! :)

ughubug said:
Junior's Cheesecake really is THE BEST...From the plain old style to anything you could ever imagine could be done with Cheesecake!!! :)
Is that the guy that Bobby Flay had a throwdown with?
Well, they're not famous NY ones, but our Girl Scout cookies will be delivered next week:p

Yes the Throw Down is the correct place :)

LOVE BOBBY FLAY and the FOOD Network!

fat witch brownies - YUMMY!!!!has anyone tried the brownies from the fat witch in chelsea market? they are awesome!!!!! when i was living in nyc i got almost a daily dose. my mom shipped them in cute witchy tins to family and friends!! and she just sent some to us in new orleans as we were missing them!! chelsea market is where emeril and rachel ray film their shows and where food network is. it's a fun place to go if you are into food!!
check out FAT WITCH:"the best brownie ever"

Aww Shucks looks like I will have to go back to NY for some brownies :)

Related to NYC Bliss: Tasting Zaro's Black & White Cookies!

1. How do I sign up for the NYC Bliss event?

To sign up for the NYC Bliss event, you can visit our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with more information and help you secure your spot for the event.

2. Is there a cost to attend the NYC Bliss event?

Yes, there is a cost to attend the NYC Bliss event. The cost will vary depending on the location and the specific event details. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to provide you with the exact cost for the NYC Bliss event you are interested in.

3. Will there be other food options besides Zaro's Black & White Cookies at the event?

Yes, in addition to the delicious Zaro's Black & White Cookies, there will be a variety of other food options available at the NYC Bliss event. Our team works hard to curate a menu that offers a diverse selection of tasty treats for everyone to enjoy.

4. Can I bring a guest to the NYC Bliss event?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to the NYC Bliss event. Please make sure to indicate that you will be bringing a guest when signing up for the event so we can make proper accommodations.

5. Will there be any cooking demonstrations or activities at the NYC Bliss event?

Yes, there will be cooking demonstrations and other fun activities at the NYC Bliss event. Our team of Pampered Chef consultants will be there to guide you through the event, share cooking tips, and answer any questions you may have about our products. It's sure to be a fun and educational experience for all attendees!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • leslieprichett
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies