• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Now That You've Been to Conference...

In summary, the speakers at the conference shared their insights on what they would do differently for the next conference. Suggestions included taking a backpack instead of a tote bag to avoid neck and shoulder pain, bringing healthy snacks and a water bottle, and packing lighter clothes. Some also recommended bringing an extra suitcase for souvenirs and a personal fan for comfort. Many also expressed a desire to room with more people for a more enjoyable experience. Some regrets included not taking certain classes and not participating in certain activities. Overall, getting there a day before and leaving a day after was recommended for a less hectic trip.
AJPratt
Silver Member
What would you do differently? I'm putting together a list of Do's and Don'ts. Like Do wear sneakers, and get there early on Wednesday or the day before.

Take a backpack - my neck and shoulders were very messed up from the totebag - and once the neck goes, the headaches come - it was not pretty!!! :(

Also, hitting the lottery so I could afford a room by myself and actually get some sleep would be great! ;)

But do you miss out on the "slumber party" bonding if you have a room alone?

To make different travel arangements, the one person drove me nuts from the time we left till last night at our meeting. I got up and walked out early.I also agree w/ loreedfk about the tote. Then I forgot to bring a small purse so if I was out, I had the tote which got heavy.

I'd pack a few healthy snacks and bring a bottle for water. The canteens they had all over the place were nice, but it's hard to walk with a large, full, totebag on one arm, try to look at nametags for some one you know or want to meet, and carry a glass of water.....I sloshed mine all over the place and gave up! Also, bring a larger or extra suitcase for all the goodies that you don't want to ship....my suitcase gained 16 pounds while I was there!....and I didn't get that much....I guess it was all those cake mixes!

This year's insight will see me bringing a personal, battery-operated fan to next year's conference!

Last year's insight was how thankful I was that I brought an Aerobed and earplugs with me!

If we're likely to be doing as much trekking as we did this year, I think next year may see me bringing a small wheelie case to cart around stuff instead of using a tote or backpack. ;)

We had a room with two bathrooms, so there was 4 of us. My director and I are very much on the same schedule, so it worked perfectly. However, the other two in our room were up until all hours. I think I'm going to bring my husband next year. He would have a blast.

Well, I will definately not pack as many clothes next time. I had packed rainy weather warmer clothes and lighter clothes, I will definately only pack lighter clothes next time, and I did bring an extra bag for in case I bought a surprise pack which I did, but it was WAY too heavy to load it all and my other bags to lug around since I switched hotels Saturday. But I did learn from last year that I didn't pack any extra shoes to take up room because I only wore my crocs last year because they were so comfortable.

I definately want to room with more than 1 person next year since it will save money and it is sooooo much more fun with more people. You can sleep when you get back home, it's like a slumber party, lol. Besides I am used to sharing beds when I go out of town, we have large families.

I probably wouldnt do the home office tour b/c I didnt find that it was of use. Yes winning the shopping spree would have me saying differently lol but I heard so much about how great it was only to get there and have so much time to spare .. getting up that early, it wasnt worth it.

The one regret I do have is that I opted out of the new products class and wish I would've taken it. Someone on here said it wasnt of much use but I found Host Coaching to not thrill me so I wish I would've switched. Thats in hindsight though.

Getting there a day before and leaving a day after is great.. my director set that up for us. I would definitely try to get out more with other girls and see a little more. As tired as I was, I enjoyed the time I spent with others more than I spent in a room taking notes. lol

TinasKitchen said:
I probably wouldnt do the home office tour b/c I didnt find that it was of use. Yes winning the shopping spree would have me saying differently lol but I heard so much about how great it was only to get there and have so much time to spare .. getting up that early, it wasnt worth it.

Couldn't agree more! Considering we got in around midnight on Wed and were up at 5am on Thurs after a whole day of traveling!

The thing I learned last year was to go a day early, & boy am I glad we did this year! There is sooo much to do in Chicago. I do think I will try to do some onine research for restaurants & such next year, so we're not scrambling around trying to find somewhere to go & not be late! I will only take a smaller notebook next year--I had a larger binder & it got too heavy in my tote-my neck was killing me!

Two WordsTylenol PM

Inside Scoop WorkshopWow, I totally enjoyed that workshop, we had 2 great ladies. I've got to get all my notes typed and ready to share, it was great. Lots of ideas, uses, and suggestions.

Lisa

AmyjonesPC said:
Tylenol PM

I took Nytol! And I used it! I was just too wound up to sleep!

1. What is "Now That You've Been to Conference..."?

"Now That You've Been to Conference..." is a post-conference guide that includes helpful tips and resources for making the most out of your experience at the Pampered Chef annual conference.

2. Who is eligible to receive "Now That You've Been to Conference..."?

All Pampered Chef consultants who attend the annual conference are eligible to receive "Now That You've Been to Conference..." through their consultant resources on the Pampered Chef website.

3. What information is included in "Now That You've Been to Conference..."?

The guide includes tips on how to follow up with potential customers and team members, how to set goals and track progress after the conference, and suggestions for incorporating new products and techniques into your business.

4. How can "Now That You've Been to Conference..." benefit my business?

"Now That You've Been to Conference..." provides valuable insights and strategies for building and growing your Pampered Chef business, based on the knowledge and experiences shared at the annual conference.

5. Is "Now That You've Been to Conference..." available in any other formats?

Currently, "Now That You've Been to Conference..." is only available as a digital download through the consultant resources on the Pampered Chef website. However, you can print the guide for your personal use if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • twinkie10