• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Raise Funds for 5th Grade Camp with a PC Fundraiser - Learn How!

In summary, the school's PTSA does not believe that a fundraising event backed by the school or the PTA is feasible, but they do have information on how to do a fundraiser that the individual host.
cookingwithdot
Gold Member
Hi all,
I have never done a fundraiser, so I need some help. My daughters school had some district-wide budget cuts (Who's didn't, right?) that is affecting the 5th grade camp that she will be going to in May. Basically, all of the 5th graders in the district (4 elementary schools - about 5,000 kids!) go to a 3 day camp every year where they meet the other kids and get ready for their send off to middle school. This year, the district is not able to provide any money, but each school's PTSA is. So, there is a $40,000 deficit! There is money being raised around town by certain groups, but I thought it would be cool to do a PC fundraiser. I emailed the school's PTSA and this is the response I got:

We can not do this type of fund raiser, backed by the school or the PTA. We have been approached by several consultants from several companies. BUT you can do one that you host and donate the money directly to the camp. I too sell a line and will be doing that way. Call me and I will give you some more this on how to make this a success.

I guess I don't know where to go from here. I am going to call her, but how do I advertise or let the people that care about Camp Casey know that I am doing this fundraiser?

Thanks!

It sounds like the contact that responded to you may be able to answer some of those questions. I would even consider reaching out to the parents directly, doing it as a cooking show fundraiser, and then having them book more fundraisers to do with their circle of friends/parents.

You may be able to work with your daughter's school and use (rent) the gym to hold the fundraiser.

Can you make flyer's and have them sent home with all of the student's in 5th grade to advertise the fundraiser? I know my son who is K came home with a Fundraiser for PartyLite the last week of school before the break and it was in his backpack.

I think I will give her a call - I just emailed her for her #. I'm hoping I can create flyers to send home with the kids OR get an email list of PTSA members. :) Thanks for the responses!

Dottie...I can't believe they are thinking of taking away Camp Casey!!! That's outrageous!! I attended Camp Casey in the fifth grade 18 years ago and remember the experience to this day, we had a blast!! I wish you the best of luck in helping to get the kids to Camp!!!

It all worked out! :) The district found some extra money to donate to camp casey, so we are all good to go! Whew!
@Jess - where do you live?

gosh dottie I just saw your reply...I'm not very good at keeping up. I grew up in Woodinville, WA and had the awesome priviledge of going to camp casey when I was in the 5th grade. I'm glad it worked out...I can't imagine the kids not getting to do that, I still remember going! It was a blast!

1. How do I decide which Pampered Chef products to purchase?

There are a few factors to consider when deciding which Pampered Chef products to purchase. First, think about what types of meals you typically cook and which kitchen tasks you find most challenging. This will help you narrow down which products would be most helpful for you. Additionally, take a look at the product reviews and ratings on our website to see which products are popular among other customers. Lastly, consider your budget and prioritize the products that will be most useful to you.

2. What are some must-have Pampered Chef products for beginners?

Some essential Pampered Chef products for beginners include the Quick Cooker, the Food Chopper, and the Mix 'N Scraper. These versatile tools can help you with a variety of cooking and baking tasks and are great for those just starting to build their kitchen collection.

3. Are Pampered Chef products dishwasher safe?

Most Pampered Chef products are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the specific product's care instructions. Some items, such as stoneware, may need to be hand washed to maintain their quality. Care instructions can be found on our website or on the product packaging.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the oven?

Many Pampered Chef products, such as stoneware and metal bakeware, are oven-safe. However, it is important to check the specific product's care instructions before using it in the oven as some items may have temperature limitations.

5. Is there a warranty on Pampered Chef products?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a limited warranty. If you experience any issues with your product, you can contact our customer service team for assistance. The length and coverage of the warranty may vary depending on the product, so be sure to check the specific product's warranty information on our website or on the product packaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• loreo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
loreo
  • cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • slj1229