• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non Pampered Chef Related but About 9/11..

In summary, the movie World Trade Center is a good movie that tells the story of two policemen who were saved by very brave people. It is very strong and everyone should watch it.
ChefBurke
Silver Member

Hi. Well I decided to watch the movie World Trade Center- I know it would upset me but I did feel I owed it to the people who helped others,who died,& everyone involved to watch it. I have family in NY & Thank GOD they were not hurt. I just want to say to everyone on here if anyone had family or friends who were-my deepest most unexplainable simpathies go out to you. I feel watching this movie is something everyone should do, it tells the store of two policemen that were trapped in the rubble & luckily were saved by very brave people! I sat alone & watched it-amazed,in shock & in tears. I found my self saying out load when they would show the ground zero- Why/How can people hate so much! And like most i felt anger & dispar.But then at the end of the movie-nicholas was speaking & made a very important point- he said we must remember that yes there are horrible hateful people in the world & we were shown this first hand-but we must also remember how good people can be & know that there are good people out there. I justwanted to share that this movie is VERY strong & everyone should watch it!

I haven't heard of that movie. I too have family in NY and 2 have nieces that worked right across the street from the attack. We were so frightened for everyone. You realize how powerless you are in a horrendous atrocity such as that when all you can do is see the terror and mayhem on all the faces from the TV screen. What upsets me now though is all the ridiculous rules that have been put in place by government for flying. If something doesn't change, more and more airlines will go belly up because people will tire of the insane restrictions. Plus, by time you have to arrive at the airports so early now, only to wait, they aren't saving time or anything on short flights.

Thanks for the heads up, now I will have to watch for the movie.

I actually liked this movie a lot better the flight 93. In flight 93, all I could think about is "They ARE going to beat this!!!" :( I can't imagine living through all of that.

Yes, we had the saying "we will not forget" but after a few years, people seemed to quickly forget what happened and the sacrifice. 9-11 is my wedding anniversary and my husband and I are volunteer firefighters and EMTs so we try not to forget! I haven't seen the movie you mentioned yet, but will have to check it out!

As a New Yorker, I can't get myself to watch it...:(

My brother-n-law is a NYC fireman and he was there 24/7. The stories he told me were REALLY upsetting!! He has not been the same since..

My dh and I watched this movie about a month ago and found it to be a good reinactment of these 2 policemen. I cried like a baby through it and my dh had to wipe away his tears. Very good movie, I just wish it wasn't about a real story.:(

Same here...
letscook04 said:

I am also a New Yorker and my best friend lost her fiance. He was a NY firefighter. :(

The Soldier....that helped rescue those two men was just on the Extreme Home Makeover. They moved after 9/11 to I think Ohio to start fresh, bought their dream home that turned into a nightmare, stairs falling apart, walls thin as anything, it was aweful....and then along came the Extreme Team, I have to tell you I saw that movie, and to see this man being helped as he was and the Marines where all there to help and it was just the greatest show I had seen.

I too saw that movie in the theatre when it came out with my son, and the 1st part of it took me back in time and I couldn't breath. It was a time that changed us forever.

It is a MUST see for EVERYONE in the USA......God Bless America.....

letscook04 said:

My brother-n-law is a NYC fireman and he was there 24/7. The stories he told me were REALLY upsetting!! He has not been the same since..

Also New Yorkers..my hubby & I have not watched it. The fishing boat I work on does trips in the Summer down the East River to the Statue of Liberty. Whenever we pass by lower Mann where they once stood I get such pains in my gut. Who knew in my lifetime that I would watch them go UP & come DOWN....:(

Kelley Sells said:
that helped rescue those two men was just on the Extreme Home Makeover. They moved after 9/11 to I think Ohio to start fresh, bought their dream home that turned into a nightmare, stairs falling apart, walls thin as anything, it was aweful....and then along came the Extreme Team, I have to tell you I saw that movie, and to see this man being helped as he was and the Marines where all there to help and it was just the greatest show I had seen.

I too saw that movie in the theatre when it came out with my son, and the 1st part of it took me back in time and I couldn't breath. It was a time that changed us forever.

It is a MUST see for EVERYONE in the USA......God Bless America.....

I saw that Extreme Home Makeover edition - made me cry when the guy (Marine) cried! ...and to hear what he did and all this time didn't identify himself...

...will have to see the movie sometime...

...heart and prayers still go out to those of you who were affected by 9/11.

I actually saw this at the movie theatre on my birthday of all days. It was so incredibly powerful and to realize the good in the people who were helping these men. Although I'm from Illinois, both my husband and I knew 2 people who died (one was at the WTC who I went to college with and the other was at the Pentagon who my husband grew up with). It just breaks my heart that this is a true story but it was almost cathartic to see the good in most people. I'd highly recommend it as well.

Related to Non Pampered Chef Related but About 9/11..

1. How did Pampered Chef respond to the 9/11 attacks?

Pampered Chef, like many other companies, expressed their condolences and support for the victims and their families during this tragic event. They also donated a portion of their sales to various organizations supporting those affected by the attacks.

2. Did Pampered Chef experience any setbacks or changes in their business operations after 9/11?

Yes, Pampered Chef did experience some setbacks during this time. Shipping and delivery times were delayed due to increased security measures, and some employees were affected by the slowdown in the economy. However, they were able to adapt and continue operating successfully.

3. Did Pampered Chef create any special products or promotions in honor of 9/11?

Yes, Pampered Chef released a limited edition "Patriotic Heart Stoneware" in honor of 9/11. They also offered a special promotion where a portion of the sales from this product would be donated to the American Red Cross to support disaster relief efforts.

4. How did Pampered Chef support first responders during 9/11?

Pampered Chef donated a portion of their sales to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the New York Firefighters 9-11 Disaster Relief Fund. They also provided free products to firefighters and other first responders in the New York City area.

5. Has Pampered Chef continued to support 9/11 causes and organizations?

Yes, Pampered Chef has continued to support organizations and causes related to 9/11. They have donated to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation and participated in the 9/11 Day of Service, where employees volunteer at local charities in honor of the victims and heroes of 9/11.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JulieAnn123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
LI Chick
Replies
Views
cindylpal