• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are customer accounts necessary for my website?

In summary, Beth is concerned about the new changes to the customer account system and what it will mean for her business. She is also excited about the 1250 enhancement. Others on the call have no concerns.
BethCooks4U said:
No. I wouldn't put yours in. Will it not let you set it up without an email? The point of the email is for the receipt. I was told this morning by Tech that in a few weeks they are announcing that ALL hosts must have an email. We really need to get them to understand that not all hosts WANT an email. Not ALL people shop online but their guests might. If the host gets an email just for her account her friends won't know it so searching only via email is NUTS. If she puts her daughter's email or YOUR email in they won't know to search under that either. They need to make it BY THEIR NAME.

You know there is power in numbers. If everyone starts telling them that and flooding their email box, they'll listen eventually. Even if a host DOES have email, it doesn't mean her invited GUESTS know it! We encourage our hosts to invite EVERYONE- the mail lady, her favorite store cashier, her hair dresser, her neighbor...do you THINK these people know her email or address or that the host WANTS them to know it?

HO assumes we use their e-vite system, they assume the hosts ALL have email or the guests for that matter, they ASSUME alot. You know what they say about "Assume". ;) The evite system, while it looks great, may still not get huge amounts of use if hosts don't provide (or KNOW) the email addresses of the guests they are inviting. It's a vicious circle.

the only thing I can think to do is put my host's email on the paper invitations and explain go to to my website, create an account, then search by that email, and now you can finally order your measly mini serving spatula off of Holly Host's party.

And Bobbi... I emailed HO... cause I assume they need to know :)

Let me say that I appreciate you helping in ironing out the bugs by the time that I, the consultant, get access to the new website. I'm very anxious for it, but am willing to wait for it to be perfect.:D or near perfect. I hear that I may have to wait until June, but I'm ok with that.

We have basically no information about this here in Canada, so I can't find my answer anywhere....will the app work on android tablets or just android phones?

PamperedK said:
We have basically no information about this here in Canada, so I can't find my answer anywhere....will the app work on android tablets or just android phones?

As mentioned several other times, no one knows for sure. The official response has been that since many android phone apps do work on an android based tablet, but don't have the proper screen size or resolution, they are saying it MIGHT work. But no, it wasn't specifically DESIGNED for the android tablets like it was designed for the Android Phone or the iPad/iPhone.

Until the app is released though, no one will know for sure.

esavvymom said:
As mentioned several other times, no one knows for sure. The official response has been that since many android phone apps do work on an android based tablet, but don't have the proper screen size or resolution, they are saying it MIGHT work. But no, it wasn't specifically DESIGNED for the android tablets like it was designed for the Android Phone or the iPad/iPhone.

Until the app is released though, no one will know for sure.

Sorry I did a search in this thread and in the general forum for "tablet" info and the only thing that came up was about iPads. Like I said...we have zero info in Canada.

PamperedK said:
Sorry I did a search in this thread and in the general forum for "tablet" info and the only thing that came up was about iPads. Like I said...we have zero info in Canada.
My comment wasn't meant to be a dig or anything....I know it's been posted in several places, so I'm not even sure WHICH thread. ;)have they even said when it would roll out in Canada?? Look at it this way- the USA group is the guinea-pigs for your rollout probably!

They just said "May" so I'm not getting my hopes up that it will be in the first 27 days of May. lol

esavvymom said:
You know there is power in numbers. If everyone starts telling them that and flooding their email box, they'll listen eventually. Even if a host DOES have email, it doesn't mean her invited GUESTS know it! We encourage our hosts to invite EVERYONE- the mail lady, her favorite store cashier, her hair dresser, her neighbor...do you THINK these people know her email or address or that the host WANTS them to know it?

HO assumes we use their e-vite system, they assume the hosts ALL have email or the guests for that matter, they ASSUME alot. You know what they say about "Assume". ;) The evite system, while it looks great, may still not get huge amounts of use if hosts don't provide (or KNOW) the email addresses of the guests they are inviting. It's a vicious circle.

I live and work in a very rural area. Quite a few people don't have a computer much less an e-mail. And then there are those who don't want people to know their personal e-mail for privacy reasons.
HO is in a large city where e-mail technology is a way of life. Especially the younger generation think nothing of letting anyone borrow their computer etc. And for some in big cities they can not fathom someone not having or wanting e-mail technology. And while I appreciate so very much all of their hard work in moving Pampered Chef forward, I do believe it will become more difficult for those of us who service mostly people who are still living in the 20th and not the 21st century.
I wrote to HO about guests and hosts who didn't have e-mail. They said that those would have to have a written receipt given to them at the show. But they did not address what to do if a host does not have an e-mail address.
I know there will be glitches...hopefully they can be worked out quickly!
I haven't given up hope,

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think it has anything to do with a food chain theory...I did it, and I am a director. I put in a street address one street over from me, and out of 6 times, I came up once. One of my consultants (Ummm...who didn't submit ANYTHING in April!!!) came up 5 out of 6 times. That makes absolutely NO sense at all.

Becky: same thing happened to me. My new gal did submit but not the required $1,250 and she came up 3 out of the 4 xs. I only came up on the 3rd try. :(

Out of 5 names mine was there with one person I know and 3 I've never heard of. My girls that did $1250 and all have websites never did come up. :(

Sandi

You really don't know how the OLD system worked in pulling up names. We know what OUR requirements were, but not the way they selected the names. It could work the same exact way, only now, you are SEEING the names.

Ok so I so I have Helen on the new web most of today
1 . I had windows 7 needed to download Windows 8 or 9. Did oh know this
2 do like that you have to serch a hosts show by Host e- mail address not there name Not ver good what I'd guest don't know and only know the name .
3 catalog party's have to put in the time of the show IT'S CATATALOG SHOW NO DATE needed .
And. You can not enter a show without an e-mail address you are right NT EVERYONE has an E- maill address ,,,,, does that mean they can't have a show

I know there are doing to be things that need to be cleared up but some of these Ning are just not right ,

I decided to search my address on the consultant search. I came up 5th on the list. 3 of the 5 consultants (including myself) I know are Director and above. When I clicked the link next to my name it doesn't allow the customer to go to my website as I'm not set up for the new web yet (TL) :( So anybody who pulls me up can't do anything anyway! As for the other person on there who I didn't recognize, I could click on her link which makes me think that she was also a director or above.I wish the online shows were set up like 31 - I believe it's listed on the top of the consultant's website which shows are currently online. Talk about quick and simple!

I put in my address. I was NO WHERE on the list....2 were new consultants (within the last 2 months) that don't even have websites!!!!!! and 1 was my director....2 were directors in the NEXT state!!! 3 hours away! go figure....oh well...

although when i put my name in and clicked on the website it took me to MY NEW website....funny.....

Last edited:
Is anyone telling Tech support about all this? It could be another glitch.

I was wondering if anyone was passing this info along also.....one of my recruits has not submitted $1250 yet this year and she popped up. I'm not too thrilled with everything I've been hearing....especially hosts HAVING to have an e-mail address......I have a lot of hosts who do NOT have e-mail.....makes sense to search by name which we know off the top of our head.

wadesgirl said:
I wish the online shows were set up like 31 - I believe it's listed on the top of the consultant's website which shows are currently online. Talk about quick and simple!

31 isn't the only company that does it like this.... and I listed those other companies in my email to HO... I've never emailed HO for anything but this one was a long email... we'll see what they respond.

Here is my email I sent off:

First off, thank you for all your hard work and efforts with the new web and app! Can’t wait for the app! I know this is still a work in progress, but I do have a few questions and concerns with the new web now that I’ve been inside and have played with it a little.

1.) Why is a host’s name only searchable on my site by their email? What if a guest doesn’t know the host’s email? What if the host doesn’t have an email to begin with? What if my host DOES NOT want to give me her email or use email. This poses a major problem. I do not feel it professional of me to make my host give me her email against her will and I simply can’t tell her well then she cannot host a show because my system doesn’t allow it.
• I know I am not alone in thinking that the host search needs to be by name, not email. This is how Miche, Scentsy, and other companies do it, and while I know we are not them, it just seems to make more sense that people know people by their name and not email. It’s a complication and I foresee my sales going down dramatically because of this.

2.) Individual Orders – I was playing around seeing how to add an individual order. I put in the person’s name and items and went to the check out screen. Is there no way to change the shipping to go to that person? It said that it was going to ship to me and there was no option to change it. Next, how do you delete those individual orders if they are not going to be placed?

esavvymom said:
You really don't know how the OLD system worked in pulling up names. We know what OUR requirements were, but not the way they selected the names. It could work the same exact way, only now, you are SEEING the names.

No - in the old lead system - there was a queue - and everyone who was eligible in an area took their place in line. The next person in line for a lead in that area got the next lead. It wasn't a random choosing of names.

Just got this email from Director's Loop....THERE'S GREAT HOPE!!!

"Received this from a downline director:

I have been a kind of "beta tester" today!! The home office is so prepared!!!! Called them numerous times today about issues I have seen...They have a team of programmers in this weekend, working non-stop on issues that have come up....the Issue with entering guests only with an email will be changed(phone number and address will only be needed), website personalization and contact migration should all be addressed by Sunday night!!!! Stick with the current system for a few more days!!!!!"

phone number and address??? What?? I think it should only be by name.

ChefShalon said:
phone number and address??? What?? I think it should only be by name.

I think this is GREAT! I had two ladies at the LAST PARTY with the exact same name. Phone numbers should always be different.

Sandi

I to have had the problem where I can't change the shipping info to someone other than the host - thankfully no one at my party needed direct shipping.
But I also had the issue where even after her past host discount, a guest's order was over $60 and it wouldn't let me add the guest special.
I also can't get the Preview Show Page button to work.
Don't want to sound all negative, but I'm trying to type up all my issues before I e-mail HO - cause I still need to find that e-mail address - anyone have it?
The Migrate Contacts button shows up now, but I get an error message telling me to restart the program and try again and I still get the message.

Hmmmm....Since we will have to input the address and phone number to look someone up who is OUR contact, I am thinking that everyone's contacts are being made into a big PC address type book. And to pull up OURS we have to know this info so we won't get someone else's.

Like when all of us consultants enter all of our contacts into the PC web....they are being all put together and to access ours we have to know the correct information. Whereas P3 was consultant specific. We each had all our contact information at our finger tips by just going on our computers and pulling up P3. Now since it is web based we have to have more information inputed on our end to get our contacts.

So even if guests don't want to give more than just their name....like MANY do at parties etc...they will HAVE to now. Just have to be more diligent on getting the information I suppose.

Has anyone tryed to add "personal" news to their new web? I can put one in, but it does not come up. It is just like I never did it. It does let me add "their" news... so I am not sure what I am doing wrong!

alidafrizzell said:
Has anyone tryed to add "personal" news to their new web? I can put one in, but it does not come up. It is just like I never did it. It does let me add "their" news... so I am not sure what I am doing wrong!

I tried too.... and failed... it won't let me...

Just got back from my first show using the new system... I obviously had to do the orders by hand (which stinks - can't wait for that app) and I explained to everyone when I went over the order form that we now need your email. Promised the only email they would get would be their receipt, nothing more. I got a few um, no I will not give you my email, and then the grandmothers who didn't have email at all.

I am hoping the app will make this transition more bearable. Cause now that I've already done all the math at my show, I get to sit at my desk for another hour and read crappy hand writing again to enter them all into the new web. I'm hoping it goes smoothly.

I was able to add mine. However, it's not on the front of the web. You have to click THEIR news article in order to get mine (it's like a "here's more news!") I do like the My Story since that was my first news article on my old website all the time.

If the story is too long it won't go in, but it doesn't say what the character limit is either.

Did several searched and on some my name came up, never 1st. Did not recognize several of the consultants. Looked at the profiles some actually had phone #, etc., but other profiles showed nothing. Wonder what that means...if nothing is on their page. I personally think hosts/customers/contacts should be identified w/name and address. I have too many customers that will not share their phone # or e-mail. Some have actually given a fictious e-mail, or one that has been suspended. I have even had people order from catalog shows with names as guest 1, guest 2. I have had a number of guests/customers say they will not give any extra info. but their name because they do not want bothered. I am nervous about this change, but change always makes me nervous... I guess only time will tell.
Also, are we able to log in as consultants at the new site? Didn't see a place for that

You can't log in as a consultant unless you are director or above for now.I agree about all the info that we currently aren't getting for outside orders or even some guests at shows. I just sent *another* email to [email protected] commenting on just these things. The more people they hear from the more likely they'll change things to work for us. I also recommend we give constructive suggestions along with our complaints and concerns.

Did I read that they are changing the email association already? Hope so. I was just thinking about how often ppl change their email. I have over 100 bad email addresses that were good at one time . . .
Sandi

I went in to find a Host in my area I put in 10 address all within 5 miles from my house INCLUDING my own street

MY name did NOT come up at all in any of the lists

What is the issue with that and I have 1250 or higher in sale every month

Thats 10 street names even my own WHATS UP WITH THAT

I'm just a consultant, so I haven't been able to see the Consultant side of the new web yet. But I did go to the new website as a customer to see what they're seeing. I found something that I haven't seen mentioned here yet so I wondered if anyone else had noticed it.

There's a section called something like "Find my consultant." The customer puts in their consultant's first name, last name and state and a result it returned. All three fields are required. My problem is, all my customers know me as "Shari", but all my PC stuff has my given name of "Sharyl". The only way the computer finds me is with the given name. But my customers won't know that so if they search for me, no consultant name will come up.

I can't be the only consultant that goes by a name other than what's on the HO paperwork. Have any of you noticed this issue and contacted HO about it already? Have you changed your name with HO so people can find you? Just wondering what others have done. I love this feature, but worry that my customers who haven't used me in a while might think that I'm not a consultant anymore and then they'll move on to the "Find a Consultant in my area" search and I'll lose business.

Shari in TX

One of the new features you'll be able to take advantage of is the fact that when you get in and set yourself up, they give you an option to be recgonized by your first name or a nickname. So, you'll be able to fix that once you're in.

They can also search by entering just the first three letters of your first and/or last name so if they don't find sharyl, they might find shari by entering sha.

This is probably an easy question for someone to answer: how do we get our contacts from our old website to our new one?

We should have synced the contacts between web and P3 before this. I wouldn't do it any more because of all the hinky stuff right now. Then when they have it working we'll migrate our contacts from P3 to the new web with the push of a button.

vanscootin said:
My concerns thus far:

Can't get my picture to look right on my PWS

To make your picture not look skewed, be sure the picture you upload is cropped square, not rectangularly...:balloon:

Ok ~ I hear the frustration about not finding ourselves! I tried to search via my street address to see if I came up ~ nope.....but I got my recruit's profile who by the way, is on a military base in Germany!Karen

I put in my parents address and I was upset to find that the consultant that lives 2 hours away was the one that popped up. The city is over 100 miles away!!!

Instead of getting upset guys, it is obvious their system isnt programmed correctly. email them and let them know what is happening.

esavvymom said:
Instead of getting upset guys, it is obvious their system isnt programmed correctly. email them and let them know what is happening.

I got a response back last night to the email I sent the other day.... here's what it said.

"I just wanted to say thank you for sending in the issues you’re seeing. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Just so you know, it is actually easier to find a Show than it appears. The tech team discovered that something wasn’t working as it should and are working to get it rectified.

Thanks for your patience!"

It didn't exaclty address anything I asked about.

vanscootin said:
I got a response back last night to the email I sent the other day.... here's what it said.

"I just wanted to say thank you for sending in the issues you’re seeing. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

Just so you know, it is actually easier to find a Show than it appears. The tech team discovered that something wasn’t working as it should and are working to get it rectified.

Thanks for your patience!"

It didn't exaclty address anything I asked about.

Yep. I got that exact response too. Twice since I sent more than one email with different issues. They are working on all of it. We still need to contact them when we find something just in case it's something they haven't seen yet.

With the barrage of emails I'm sure they are getting, having been on their side of the fence...you don't take the time to address each and every specific item at this point. you send out canned statements and get back to work. Personally, that's the way I would want it for now. Later, they'll be better able to be more specific I'm sure, but right now, they are probably working round the clock with little sleep and lots of caffeine! :D I feel their pain! Glad I'm not REALLY feeling it though.Be patient, keep notes of errors and keep letting them know. We knew this would happen.

esavvymom said:
With the barrage of emails I'm sure they are getting, having been on their side of the fence...you don't take the time to address each and every specific item at this point. you send out canned statements and get back to work. Personally, that's the way I would want it for now. Later, they'll be better able to be more specific I'm sure, but right now, they are probably working round the clock with little sleep and lots of caffeine! :D I feel their pain! Glad I'm not REALLY feeling it though.

Be patient, keep notes of errors and keep letting them know. We knew this would happen.

I totally agree. I have been talking to one of the tech support about a particular problem and he said just that. I called with an issue then he followed up with calls and emails to get the exact issue to get a fix. That problem and probably others were not visible on their end but he finally found it by using an external laptop. They are in 24/7 and are troubleshooting and fixing as fast as they can, then testing more. Some things are going back to the developers (like my issue). I don't want them to take time to address each email we send. These canned responses are just to let us know that they did get our messages and are working on them.

That being said, if you find an issue let them know. It may be something they can't see or something no one else had yet found. Telling them also lets them know it's an issue important to many consultants.

I totally agree too! And as I'm adding more shows and playing around, I'm finding more things I like. I wish I had a show ready to close so I could see how the next step of submitting works.

When they developed something like this, they likely created "test plans" to cover every possible scenario, but as you can imagine, that is a monumental task in and of itself! My DH does that sort of thing as part of his job with Cisco. They have page after page after page of scenarios to test, but until it goes LIVE in a real network, some things never show up- or maybe rarely show up, so hard to test. That's where YOU guys are coming, and that's why they rolled it out to the upper levels who presumably have lots of experience already in the old system and way of doing things.So you guys are now part of the roll-out team. ;) Doing a fine job, fine job!

I'm thinking this is one "beta" test I'm glad to not be a part of! :) Kudos to all you who are!

I sent an email off to the new web tech support about this: I had a gal signing today ~ she is in FL and I am in MN. She went through my personal website (and I don't have the new site yet) but since all new consultant agreements are now on the new web, she was re-directed to that. She said it would not allow her to sign under me but that she had to sign with someone more local to her! Told me that it directed her join in her area. Lost a recruit :(Anyone else have this problem???Karen

thehaleykitchen said:
I sent an email off to the new web tech support about this: I had a gal signing today ~ she is in FL and I am in MN. She went through my personal website (and I don't have the new site yet) but since all new consultant agreements are now on the new web, she was re-directed to that. She said it would not allow her to sign under me but that she had to sign with someone more local to her! Told me that it directed her join in her area. Lost a recruit :(Anyone else have this problem???Karen
Call consultant career solutions (opt 3) NOW. They will be able to change it under this circumstance. Also have the recruit call.ETA: also call your NED and your sales manager. It was smart to let newweb know about this but you also need to let those others know so she is moved under the correct recruiter ASAP.

Last edited:
<h2>1. Do I need to have customer accounts for my Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>Yes, customer accounts are necessary for your Pampered Chef website. They allow your customers to save their information, track their orders, and receive personalized recommendations and special offers.</p><h2>2. Can customers still make purchases without creating an account?</h2><p>Yes, customers can still make purchases as a guest without creating an account. However, by creating an account, they will have access to additional features and benefits such as order history and saved information for a faster checkout process.</p><h2>3. Will I be able to explain to customers why they need to create an account?</h2><p>Absolutely. You can assure customers that creating an account is quick and easy and will provide them with a more personalized and convenient shopping experience. You can also emphasize the benefits of having an account, such as order tracking and special offers.</p><h2>4. What if a customer forgets about their account?</h2><p>If a customer forgets about their account, they can easily recover their login information by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. They can also contact customer service for assistance.</p><h2>5. Are there any concerns about the changes to customer accounts?</h2><p>While change can be intimidating, the new customer accounts will ultimately benefit both you and your customers. It will allow for a more streamlined and personalized shopping experience, and you can always address any concerns or questions your customers may have about the changes.</p>

1. Do I need to have customer accounts for my Pampered Chef website?

Yes, customer accounts are necessary for your Pampered Chef website. They allow your customers to save their information, track their orders, and receive personalized recommendations and special offers.

2. Can customers still make purchases without creating an account?

Yes, customers can still make purchases as a guest without creating an account. However, by creating an account, they will have access to additional features and benefits such as order history and saved information for a faster checkout process.

3. Will I be able to explain to customers why they need to create an account?

Absolutely. You can assure customers that creating an account is quick and easy and will provide them with a more personalized and convenient shopping experience. You can also emphasize the benefits of having an account, such as order tracking and special offers.

4. What if a customer forgets about their account?

If a customer forgets about their account, they can easily recover their login information by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. They can also contact customer service for assistance.

5. Are there any concerns about the changes to customer accounts?

While change can be intimidating, the new customer accounts will ultimately benefit both you and your customers. It will allow for a more streamlined and personalized shopping experience, and you can always address any concerns or questions your customers may have about the changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies