• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe for Touch-Down Taco Dip

bie wanted to make a taco dip for her friends at a party and found the recipe online, but didn't have all the ingredients. She decided to make the recipe using what she had and it turned out great!
babywings76
Gold Member
Anyone have this? I couldn't find it in the files or on CC. I need to head out to the store soon, can anyone help me?

TOUCHDOWN TACO DIP
-1 can (9 oz.) bean dip
-4 ounces cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
-1 garlic clove, pressed
-1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
-1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
-2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
-1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
-1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
-Additional sour cream or parsley
-Tortilla chips (optional)

**Preheat oven to 350. Using SMALL MIX ‘N SCRAPER, spread bean dip over bottom of SMALL OVAL BAKER. In CLASSIC BATTER BOWL, combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning mix and garlic pressed with the GARLIC PRESS; mix well.

Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bean dip. Grate cheddar cheese over top using DELUXE CHEESE GRATER. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

To prepare toppings, remove stem from tomato using COOK’S CORER. Dice tomato and thinly slice green onions using UTILITY KNIFE. Slice olives using EGG SLICER PLUS. Finely chop cilantro using PIZZA CUTTER. Sprinkle tomato, onions, olives, and cilantro over dip. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.

Thanks Jennifer! It's funny, as soon as I posted that, I saw at the bottom where it list other threads on similar topics, and the recipe was there! The recipe you posted looks like a half recipe to the one I found... it uses the Deep Dish Baker. I don't have the oval or the deep dish baker. I just have the rectangular baker. Do you think that's too big? I guess I could put it in a pyrex (shh!) dish I have that is the right size.... sigh...

There are 2 official versions of the recipe: one that uses a small container of bean dip and a small baker (mini baker or small oval) and the original that called for a 16 oz can of beans and the DDB. I recommend making the big batch, since it's always a big hit.

The only way to make it for my crew is to double the recipe using 2 15-16 oz cans of refried beans to cover the bottom of the 9x13 baker. I even use a little extra cheddar cheese so it is cheesy and yummy. I am making it today Jan 1st for all of the ball games we will be watching!
Deb

Related to Need Recipe for Touch-Down Taco Dip

1. What ingredients do I need to make Touch-Down Taco Dip?

To make Touch-Down Taco Dip, you will need: 1 pound ground beef, 1 package taco seasoning mix, 1 cup salsa, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped green onions, and tortilla chips for dipping.

2. How do I prepare the ground beef for the dip?

Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until it is fully cooked and no longer pink. Drain any excess fat and stir in the taco seasoning mix according to package instructions. Let the beef cool before adding it to the dip mixture.

3. Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dip ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent it from drying out.

4. How can I make this dip vegetarian?

If you would like to make a vegetarian version of Touch-Down Taco Dip, you can substitute the ground beef with 1 can of black beans or 1 cup of vegetarian crumbles. You can also omit the meat entirely and add extra vegetables like corn, bell peppers, or onions.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese for this dip?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you prefer for this dip. Some popular options include Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or a Mexican blend. You can also use a combination of different cheeses for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Pamperedva
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • babywings76