• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas From You Brilliant Ladies, and Men :)

In summary, my neighbor who is a Home Interiors Rep shared her booking game with me...and I really like it. She has 3 gifts that are very nicely wrapped and sitting out by her demo table. After she is done she
PCMelissa
Gold Member
So, my neighbor who is a Home Interiors Rep shared her booking game with me...and I really like it.

She has 3 gifts that are very nicely wrapped and sitting out by her demo table. After she is done she says "You all are probably wondering what these gifts are for." She talks about booking benefits and grabs one and says the first person to say they will book a show gets this gift. Someone always says yes. She has them open the gift. She says it is always something that retails for $20 or more. Then she says that if one other person books a show, they get one and the last one is for the host! It is a good product, so the host really wants it and inevitably someone books a second show.

I want to do this game because I always have lots of people who are interested in booking, but doesn't want to commit at the time. This frustrates me because I want to book my calendar and I would like to just have something set, and not have to persue these possible hosts, I want to spend my time persuing possible hosts that I don't know yet, if you KWIM.
Also, I have a problem trying to push them into setting a date, so I would rather give them a carrot to make me not seem pushy and give them incentive.

SOOO, my long awaited question..... what items should I give away? We don't really have any items that have a perceived value of $20 or more that only cost us $5 (The deal with the Home Interiors Rep). Any suggestions?

P.S. it is 3 of the same exact gifts.

Thanks!

I never give away gifts when they book, only when they hold their show. I sometimes do a Deal or No Deal game. I have pictures of products in envelopes. If they book a show, they get to see what's in the envelope. They don't get it until we close their show.

I have also seen this game where it's one gift for the host. First guest to book gets to have the host take off the bow. Second guest - host gets to unwrap it. Third guest - host gets to keep it.

If you wanted to do it like the other consultant, you could stock up on outlet products when something good comes up but I wouldn't spend too much money out of pocket. When you give it to them at their show, you add it to their host order, get the unlimited host discount and also get commission.

Definitely DO NOT give it to them before they close their own show unless it only costs a couple dollars and you are okay with losing it. People don't always intend to do that, but they get excited and say yes and then it just doesn't happen. Do you ask for the product back? That can be hard to do. Plus, I would wait to reward the current host until the final show is held as well. That helps hold her a bit accountable too. Plus, putting it on the host order and considering your commission on that one item, a $20 could cost you about $13. I agree about the outlet. I would do that and write down the retail value. They have great deals sometimes! I would STILL wait until the show to present it to them. The nice thing is that you could actually give it to them right there vs just putting it on their order.

I agree with the others - I wouldn't give anything away until it's at the show. If you REALLY want to give something, I'd substitue the gift with a home-made certificate (and wrap it up or put in a pretty bag) that says they can choose a $XX value item at their own show when booked within the next xxx months. When two people book and host, the current host will get the certificate to be used at the 2nd person's show. Or something along those lines...

Thanks everyone.

I have researched many of the booking games and this is certainly one I am comfortable with, and I do understand the ramifications that I may lose the gift, and I certainly only plan to spend out of pocket what I can afford.

I do like the idea of the outlet... and I think that is how I will go... I saw some items that I think could work. Thank you all for your input!

Payday GameHey, Melissa!

Another choice I have had big success with, is the Payday game - people elect to 'get paid' and roll dice to get a 'paycheck' where they win
-a single grand prize
-booking a show, or
-a mini prize

It is best to do this, following a "stack the hostess" activity where one lucky person is the pretend hostess and you physically hand her products equalling what a typical host for a $450 show. (I do a spin on this at fairs & markets, where I have a "how much does it weigh" game where adults pick up a tray with stack-the-host items on it, and then enter a drawing slip where they guess the weight of the items, and mark a "my guess is" slip in a second chance drawing for a free cooking show! [you guessed; everyone wins])

The Payday thing is fun because people feel like they're getting something, and you are actually getting bookings! See attached.

Attachments

• PAYDAY Game.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 541
Free shipping on your order TONIGHT can also be a nice prize. That also encourages them to place an order that night.

Don't give away the gift before you are at the house doing the show! You can tell them that you'll have their gift in hand when you come to their house.

Incentives are bait. . .regardless of how much they cost you have to use them wisely, to your advantage.

I wouldn't even bring the hosts gift to the party for them. I've had more than one party never close, or not close without some help from me, you know.....the one where the host tells you there are 7 people coming and you get there and the 7 people includes two infants, her own children, husband and grandmother who is on a day trip from the nursing home. One legitimate buying guest does not a party make! :)

I actually have a small "spin to win" wheel I got from an office gag gift company online. I modified it by putting products on it of approximately $10 value. If they pick a date at the party and HOLD THAT DATE, they get their prize on their host order.

You could put a picture of the item your going to give them in the box & say when the party is held you will give them the gift in person.

I am with Kasey - I had to read thru all the post first - but that was my first Idea - heck - try it and if it doesn't roll with ya - move on .......

I have given the mini serving spatula. I place it on the host's order and get comission. (It's almost like giving free shipping, but I get a discount and comission!!!)

What are some easy recipes for beginners?

For easy and delicious recipes, we recommend trying our one-pot pasta dishes, sheet pan dinners, or slow cooker meals. These require minimal prep and cleanup, making them perfect for beginners.

What are some healthy options for meal prep?

We have a variety of healthy meal prep options, such as our spiralized vegetable salads, quinoa bowls, and protein-packed soups. These can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a quick and nutritious meal anytime.

What are some popular kitchen tools for meal preparation?

Some popular kitchen tools for meal prep include our food chopper, mandoline slicer, and garlic press. These tools make prep work quick and easy, saving you time in the kitchen.

Are there any recipes that are kid-friendly?

Absolutely! We have a collection of kid-friendly recipes that are easy to make and fun for the whole family. Our pizza pockets, chicken tenders, and homemade granola bars are always a hit with kids.

What are some ideas for using leftovers?

Leftovers can be transformed into delicious new meals! Some ideas include using leftover chicken for a stir-fry, making a frittata with leftover vegetables, or turning leftover rice into fried rice. Get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies