• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help---Computer Experts Help!

V
vwpamperedchef
I have both AOL and Yahoo instant messengers.

Is there anyway I can remove the pop up screens that come up once I turn on the computer. One is an AOL Dashboard the other yahoo (with news etc).

I never use either, and I think they make my computer slower. I tried tinkering around (I am usually pretty good about figuring that out) but I cannot.

Can anyone help me on how I can make them stop popping up??

TIA:balloon:

Go to your Control Panel > Add/Remove ProgramsYou'll see them there and can remove them.

well i dont want to remove the instant messengers just the pop up news things. can i do that??

vwpamperedchef said:
well i dont want to remove the instant messengers just the pop up news things. can i do that??

I did. ...but I can't remember exactly what I did. I looked around on the screen (right clicked maybe or properties?) and found something to click so it doesn't open every time I log on. Not much help I know but at least now you know it's possible.

If you look around under your task bar, it will give you an option of blocking pop ups. Let me go look for it exactly....HTH

vwpamperedchef said:
I have both AOL and Yahoo instant messengers.

Is there anyway I can remove the pop up screens that come up once I turn on the computer. One is an AOL Dashboard the other yahoo (with news etc).

I never use either, and I think they make my computer slower. I tried tinkering around (I am usually pretty good about figuring that out) but I cannot.

Can anyone help me on how I can make them stop popping up??

TIA:balloon:

I don't use AIM anymore so can't help you with that one but to get rid of the Yahoo Insider, which is the initial window that opens when YIM first starts (that has a news thingy on there and other info as well) open up your YIM and go to Messenger then down to preferences. Once that window opens, click on General and UNCLICK the box that says Show Yahoo! Messenger Insider. That should take care of things for you at least with YIM. That's the first thing I disable when I upgrade (it tends to rechoose it as a default) as it's annoying. LOL

Another option to consider:There is a free and QUITE nice program called Pidgin that connects to all the major IM networks from ONE program. It uses FAR FEWER resources that way.Home | Pidgin

1. Can I remove the pop-up screens for AOL and Yahoo instant messengers?

Yes, you can remove the pop-up screens for AOL and Yahoo instant messengers. Follow these steps to disable the pop-ups:

1. Open AOL or Yahoo messenger on your computer.
  2. Go to the Settings or Preferences menu.
  3. Look for an option to disable pop-ups or notifications.
  4. Uncheck the box or toggle the switch to turn off pop-up notifications.
  5. Save your changes and close the messenger.

2. Do these pop-up screens make my computer slower?

Yes, pop-up screens can slow down your computer because they use up system resources and memory. Disabling them can improve your computer's performance.

3. How can I stop the pop-up screens from appearing?

To stop the pop-up screens from appearing, you can either disable them in the messenger settings or uninstall the messenger completely. If you still want to use the messenger, you can also choose to only log in when you want to use it, instead of having it open all the time.

4. I tried tinkering around but couldn't disable the pop-ups. Can anyone help?

If you are having trouble disabling the pop-ups, you can try reaching out to the messenger's customer support for assistance. They may be able to guide you through the process or provide a solution.

5. Will disabling the pop-up screens affect my ability to use the messengers?

No, disabling the pop-up screens will not affect your ability to use the messengers. You will still be able to log in and use the messenger normally, but you will not receive pop-up notifications or news updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih